• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What to do with Old Diamond Buildings

maeter75

Anyone know of any plans in the future to upgrade though Culture Diamond Buildings? I still have several Culture buildings I bought in dwarf chapter but not they are Culture wise not relevant.
Anyone hear of any chance to upgrade them?
Otherwise going to start cleaning house and deleting them.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I've heard nothing on that other than player requests/suggestions. I would think that players buying and replacing diamond culture is a significant source of revenue for INNO, so I don't think it is something they are likely to add.
Even if upgrading a building of your choice becomes an added functionality for blueprints I doubt it will apply to diamond buildings as it raises the question "upgrade to what?"

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I don't know, it seems to me they could easily offer upgraded culture buildings that are identical in footprint, with a minor art variation.

The most difficult part would be ensuring that their price was competitive for people who didn't have the previous version, while programming a mechanism to get partial credit for the earlier version.

Perhaps buying a diamond-priced culture building sets a flag, and only people with that flag set can buy the upgraded version.

Or, selling a diamond-building puts a certificate in your bag of holding that can be consumed as a kind of credit toward the higher version.

Or, they just need to make the buildings up-gradable, with the cost being in diamonds, which doesn't seem like it would be difficult. All they have to do is set the "upgrade" materials to be something that doesn't exist in game (Adamantium), with a price to obtain them via diamonds.*

Which would also allow them a way to add something to the game that you can normally only get via diamonds, so that people could obtain adamantium, which they can use to upgrade diamond buildings.

maeter75

Sounds like good ideas all around!
At this point, I will silently weep as I delete the buildings and get nothing in return for them.

Gath Of Baal

At this point, I will silently weep as I delete the buildings and get nothing in return for them.
I have had to sell off 4 fountains of youth on one world and 4 goddess of fertility on another world, I really did not want to but I needed the space. Even though it was painful to sell them off, I justified it by telling myself that I did get a good use from them while I had them. I have the sea snake also but I refuse to sell it, because I love how it looks \,even though it is obsolete and the lowest culture building in that city.
I really want the giant snail palace, because it looks cool, but I never want to have to face the dilemma of having to sell it. The experience of having to sell of old premium culture buildings has turned me off from buying anymore, and the costs of the premium expansions has pretty much left me with no reason to buy diamonds in this game at all.

edeba

I tend to agree with you on that point. I got land expansions and a couple cultural items. Support was a big zero when I somehow accidentally sold one prematurely and actually, I got them early in the game and they were obsolete way too fast. The one I accidentally sold I'd have sold in another couple weeks, but not getting anything back and having no options for resolution for a premium item being so easily lost, well, I've mostly stayed away from cultural items. I did pick up a snail as the numbers on that one look like it will be useful for the game for long enough to justify the expense. I still can't justify the expense of what I did early in the game.

Now, the magic houses and workshops, those are sweet and they can be upgraded for a reasonable price and you can also win blueprints to upgrade them.

I have had to sell off 4 fountains of youth on one world and 4 goddess of fertility on another world, I really did not want to but I needed the space. Even though it was painful to sell them off, I justified it by telling myself that I did get a good use from them while I had them. I have the sea snake also but I refuse to sell it, because I love how it looks \,even though it is obsolete and the lowest culture building in that city.
I really want the giant snail palace, because it looks cool, but I never want to have to face the dilemma of having to sell it. The experience of having to sell of old premium culture buildings has turned me off from buying anymore, and the costs of the premium expansions has pretty much left me with no reason to buy diamonds in this game at all.