• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

When do I get rid of the special buildings from the last chapter?

Djoe

Every time I reach the end of a chapter, I have to ask when to sell the portal and associated buildings from the last one. There doesn't seem to be anything definitive recorded on this subject. For example, I am just starting the Halflings chapter (11). Should I remove all the buildings from the Sorcerers and Dragons immediately, or should I wait? I know the same questions will arise as I reach new chapters, so any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks for your help!

Lady Dastardly

Fortunately, there are never any quests to sell settlement buildings, other than the portal, in any chapter. Once you have completed the research, roads (if you build them) and storyline quests (if you choose to follow them), you can sell them off. There is no quest to sell the portal (i.e. Campus) from S&D, so you can get rid of it too.

Elvengems, linked here, has the quest lists for all the guest races up through Ch. 16. It's the easiest way to see if there is a quest to sell the portal for a given chapter. When you look for it, be sure to check the lists for both the chapter you have just finished, and your new chapter, since it can vary as to where it shows up, if there even is one.

Djoe

Fortunately, there are never any quests to sell settlement buildings, other than the portal, in any chapter. Once you have completed the research, roads (if you build them) and storyline quests (if you choose to follow them), you can sell them off. There is no quest to sell the portal (i.e. Campus) from S&D, so you can get rid of it too.

Elvengems, linked here, has the quest lists for all the guest races up through Ch. 16. It's the easiest way to see if there is a quest to sell the portal for a given chapter. When you look for it, be sure to check the lists for both the chapter you have just finished, and your new chapter, since it can vary as to where it shows up, if there even is one.
Thank you for the help. I do refer to ElvenGems at the start of each chapter. It truly is a great resource.

Djoe

@Djoe
Yes it is kind of annoying Inno doesn't make that info easily accessible.
As Lady Dast says elvengems is a good resource for Guest Races.
Of ourse you can always come here and ask. : )
Thank you for the help! As you can seee from my response to Lady Dast, I do use ElvenGems. Great place for information!

gwynyth

I agree. It would be nice if there was some sort of final event for each chapter. Even so, for me, there's usually enough time to clean up the landscape, do some upgrades, and always replace old cultural buildings with newer ones. Then, the next chapter starts and off we go.

Katwick

Cartographer
Also, check for expired buildings.

On the mobile version expired buildings display as a transparent dark green in the move/sell window.