• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

When if next FA?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
What Im saying is when looking at the %s, its obvious that the bulk of the
badges are for ppl that log once a day, maybee twice.... and then play for
thier 1/2 hr or so and log out.... Those ppl rely more on 24/48 hr productions
from special bldgs, and usually coordinate resource production to match that.
I know a LOT of players, and virtually none of them set 24/48h productions.

t1.png
Yes, there's plenty who log in and out twice/three times per day, and that should balance with the players like yourself who can make 5m dwarfs, 3h T1s&carps.
You don't have to make every kind of badge yourself- It's a group effort.
Many fellowships don't even make ANY of those 24/48h badges during the FA, they are
t1.png

BrinDarby

@SoggyShorts ,
if its a team sport, then 25% of each of the 4 badges for workshops
would seem the proper distribution, and we both know how many
ppl would complain thier butts off if that went thru....

a lvl 15 residence has an early collect @ about 14 minutes.... so 95% of my
productions for workshops are 15 min, and 100% of my T1/2 productions
are 3hrs each...... Every 15-20 minutes I add troops to the training cue.

but as usuall Soggy, seems anything I say, you disagree with, so okie dokie.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

And when you are in chapter 10 or 12 and your training time for one queue of troops is 2+ hours and your early collect on a residence is 2 or 3 hours, are you going to adjust your play style to match?

SoggyShorts

would seem the proper distribution
How do you even come to that conclusion? Just because 4 things exist doesn't make them equal nor should they be treated as such.
The vast majority of players sleep, therefore everyone should be able to do a 9h run and so those should be asked for in higher numbers.
You playing this game every 14 minutes all day long is outside the norm, so I wouldn't expect the badge requirements to fit such a playstyle.
Maybe try being right?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The last FA ended up with a 6th day tacked onto the end. Does anyone know if this one will go the extra day too?
iirc that was just because ze Germans had a holiday and wouldn't be online when it ended, so my guess is no.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The last FA ended up with a 6th day tacked onto the end. Does anyone know if this one will go the extra day too?

The one you are talking about had a 7th day added, I think, as the normal length of a FA is 6 days and a few hours. Anyway, this one started on Beta on a Monday morning and ended on a Sunday afternoon. So since this one is starting on a Thursday morning, it will end on the following Wednesday afternoon.

Deleted User - 1178646

@SoggyShorts ,
would seem the proper distribution, and we both know how many
ppl would complain thier butts off if that went thru....

That was a whole story, but I like to defend soggy in this case.
24% of each production? I an team you do not distribute ALL jobs evenly, you try to use everyones strength, and avoid there weaknesses.

You play to much and have no life, fine then you can do as much "be online all the time stuff" as possible.
Another player has some aditional room because he/she is between chapters? let that player slumm a bit, the next one can only be online twice a day? skew there participation towards there game scedule.

Each of us have different playstlyes and playtimes. use that to your advantage, don't try to turn everyone into the same robot.
As I showed before, you need if you do not want to, do very few long productions and still run away with all the prizes.

but if your fellowship hates crafting and tournaments and spire, then the slumm route might be the best way to go. you and your fellowship chooses.

It's not because we need to be right, but your arguments agains it are not that strong to be fair.
If you have strong arguments, we are ready to concede :)

BrinDarby

absolutely Muck I am..... My view is just as valid as his view,
how dare Soggy just flat out tell me how to play my game.....

according to him I should be CH 7-8, well according to me he should be CH2 .... fair is fair right?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
He didn't tell you how you should play the game; he said you could be Ch7-8
you could be in chapter 7 or 8 with your level of play
But you can tell the rest of us how to play ours? We need to suffer through short term badges because you prefer them? FS members have to do exactly the same amount of badges regardless of how they want to play their game? What works for us doesn't work for you, so Inno should change everything to suit you? Pfftt!
I seriously doubt there's many players who are collecting resources every 15 minutes all day long. I think it would be lunacy for Inno to cater to such a small minority of their customers. I find your arguments very self-serving and not in the best interests of the company or the majority of their customers.
I have not seen any posts from you about anything you like about this game. If your ideas were implemented, this would be a totally different game. Why do you keep playing something you dislike so much?

Deleted User - 1178646

But you can tell the rest of us how to play ours? We need to suffer through short term badges because you prefer them? FS members have to do exactly the same amount of badges regardless of how they want to play their game? What works for us doesn't work for you, so Inno should change everything to suit you? Pfftt!
I seriously doubt there's many players who are collecting resources every 15 minutes all day long. I think it would be lunacy for Inno to cater to such a small minority of their customers. I find your arguments very self-serving and not in the best interests of the company or the majority of their customers.
I have not seen any posts from you about anything you like about this game. If your ideas were implemented, this would be a totally different game. Why do you keep playing something you dislike so much?

I wonder how it's possible you are online 24/7, do only the shortest productions and then still are in chapter 4 after many months of playing.
Something does not match here.

Like the other message where he claims 7/7 devices crash with HTML5

I start to consider that whatever is told should be taken with a ocean full of salt.

edeba

Any spreadsheets available for this FA? I got the one on elvengems and the badge order does match entry at all making it very difficult to work with, and it is sufficiently complicated, I don't know how to just reorder it, so what other options are available?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@edeba
@Jackluyt posted a public link to his spreadsheet on the Platinum Leaf facebook group here. You'll have to scroll down to find a pic of the spreadsheet and the link to it is in the text next to the pic.

edeba

@edeba
@Jackluyt posted a public link to his spreadsheet on the Platinum Leaf facebook group here. You'll have to scroll down to find a pic of the spreadsheet and the link to it is in the text next to the pic.
I was just about to give up looking, so I checked back to read where again, and I found a picture of the spreadsheet, but no link. It says the link is in something called "Adventures Note."

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Any spreadsheets available for this FA? I got the one on elvengems and the badge order does match entry at all making it very difficult to work with, and it is sufficiently complicated, I don't know how to just reorder it, so what other options are available?

As usual we have a great one. It lets you play around with various paths (and tells you if you've picked a path that actually gets you through each stage) so you can to see what would be required, keeps track of who put what on what path and tells you how many you have, how many you need, and how many you've started of the workshop and T1 based badges. And this version was completely redone for this FA....though it does lack the prediction element of our previous FA spreadsheets.

Here's a link to the viewable version

It may have bugs but it works pretty well. The Starts page is where you enter the things started of the workshops and t1 type. Everything else is tracked as applied on the "delivered" page. The "needs" page shows what needed at the beginning and will, shortly, show what still needed (since what's been delivered has to be manually entered by the FAO (Fellowship Adventure Officer). The thing isn't designed to be used by everybody in the FS, though it could be, but to have them put the things started in a msg thread as "5 BL (blacksmiths). The FAO officer then puts that in the "Starts:" page of the ss and after that it's all pretty automatic. As the waypoints get filled the FAO puts in who does what (though in the next version that can be skipped and the waypoint just checked off as finished if you don't want the detail of who contributed what).

In any case, I built it to be easy to use and require a minimum of fellowship members input. Currently we have 2 FAO's and that's it.

AJ

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog

Rhetorically speaking when one says you "could" so X and have been in a better place rather than at a lesser place, it is implied that, in their opinion, that the better place is exactly that and thus since "better" is "better" it's implied you should be in that place. In other words, using "could" to designate where a "could" be, rhetorically speaking, implies you think she should be in that place. This is not really an opinion but an observation many of us rhetoricians have made over many, many centuries.

Of course, when this is pointed out the rhetorical defense is to point out you said, "could" rather than "should," and that too is just how it's usually done, though the defense is either a bit naive about the rhetorical uses of "could" vs "should," or it is a bit disingenuous.

As a well-trained rhetorician I just thought I had to comment....though, of course, I could have ignored the whole thing and probably been wiser to have done so.

AJ

SoggyShorts

My view is just as valid as his view
You're entitled to your own opinions, but facts are facts.
according to him I should be CH 7-8, well according to me he should be CH2 .... fair is fair right?
As others pointed out I said "could", and not "should".
Specifically, we were discussing your statement that you are "winning more buildings than you can use", and that is directly related to how much space you have and how fast you unlock new better buildings.

FACT: Building rewards are scaled to your chapter, so if you choose to stay in the same chapter forever, the prizes don't get much better.
FACT: Progressing through the game gives you more space to put more buildings on.
FACT: Players who are much less active than you have progressed much further in the same timeframe.
FACT: You have stated that you could progress further but made the choice not to.

Be offended all you want, the facts don't care.
you are a sad excuse for a human being
brin.png

Last edited:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Rhetorically speaking when one says you "could" so X and have been in a better place rather than at a lesser place, it is implied that, in their opinion, that the better place is exactly that and thus since "better" is "better" it's implied you should be in that place

This is the problem, people who listen to perfectly straight forward words and insist on interpreting them.
I say, "I like cookies"
They say "Sorry, I don't have any"
I did not ask for a cookie.

Someone tells an orange clown "You could be president"
They decide