• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

When to disenchant vs sell

Glandeh

Yes, there is. You get 30 fragments for each square the building would take in your city. For each level of your magic academy above 1, you get an extra 7.5 per sqaure. So those infamous Winter Lampions (size 4 x 1) will give you 120 frags if you did not upgrade your MA at all, and 240 if you upgraded it to level 5.

Silver Lady

Note: the formula for regular residences, workshops & factories is
SF = Number of Squares x 30. (no extra for MA level)
I think this would hold true for the Builder military buildings but I’ve never actually checked.
Edit: Just checked and this formula is corrected for the Builder military buildings.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Ariel Greensleeves The other thing to keep in mind is that you can disenchant a teleport spell for 300 spell fragments. If you are spending a teleport spell with the sole intention of sending a building into inventory so you can disenchant it, you need to keep this in mind. In some cases, you might be better off just selling the building and disenchanting the teleport spell...

Ariel Greensleeves

Note: the formula for regular residences, workshops & factories is
SF = Number of Squares x 30. (no extra for MA level)
I think this would hold true for the Builder military buildings but I’ve never actually checked.
Edit: Just checked and this formula is corrected for the Builder military buildings.
Silver Lady- Thanks for the formula, it is very helpful--To follow up on my query, I noticed you stated that the formula specifically works for regular residences- My question is what about magic residences?

Thanks in advance.

Ariel

Pheryll

Set Designer
I found an anomaly. A level 45 workshop (7x4 found in chapter 20) has a disenchant of 900 spell fragments. So even though it is only 28 squares, it is being assessed a SF value as if it were 30 squares (without the MA level factored in).

Alram

Flippers just flip
Screenshot_20230804_162202_Elvenar.jpg

Screenshot_20230804_162924_Elvenar.jpg

Ariel Greensleeves

Alram Thanks for the response. So now I know that the magic building get twice what the non-magical ones do.

However (There is always a however) now that I moved the magic residence back into my 'hand' it is not computing out to the correct amount. It is a level 2 magic residence, and therefore should calculate as follows 6 squares times 30+15=45 (Third level MA) which is 270 times two for being magical, for a total of 540. But it is only showing at 270.

To make it even more mystifying my other building are all at 1/2 the computed level. A level ten residence (Regular) should be at 12 squares time 45 = 540---it is at 270. I am open to answers.

Is it my level (4) is too low to get the full payment, or something else that impacts the calculation??

Any and all help is welcome, even if it's a "Stinks to be you" comment :cool:

Thanks

Pheryll

Set Designer
However (There is always a however) now that I moved the magic residence back into my 'hand' it is not computing out to the correct amount. It is a level 2 magic residence, and therefore should calculate as follows 6 squares times 30+15=45 (Third level MA) which is 270 times two for being magical, for a total of 540. But it is only showing at 270.
6 x 30 = 180 (the amount for a normal residence)

6 x 45 = 270 (the magic residence has the MA bonus applied)

Normal residences, workshops, and manufactories for some reason do not have the MA bonus applied.

Ariel Greensleeves

Ah, I thought the magical buildings got an automatic 100 % bonus, but it's the MA bonus. That makes some sense, however how does the calculation work for my level 10 normal residence? It should then be 12 X 30 = 360 with no MA bonus, but it is 270??

Pheryll

Set Designer
Ah, I thought the magical buildings got an automatic 100 % bonus, but it's the MA bonus. That makes some sense, however how does the calculation work for my level 10 normal residence? It should then be 12 X 30 = 360 with no MA bonus, but it is 270??

If you were an elf, your residences would be 3x3. It would be interesting to see a table of all residence values to note patterns, but it appears that the calculation is not as simple as count the number of squares.

Ariel Greensleeves

So they pick on us humans just because we want a big Rec Room? It's not our fault their homes have less SF- They are smaller!!

So the game is not internally consistent....well that stinks--I hate when I cannot just use a standard formula...it means I have to look everything up, or ask the nice people on the forums for help- Thanks all!

Pheryll

Set Designer
So the game is not internally consistent....well that stinks--I hate when I cannot just use a standard formula...it means I have to look everything up, or ask the nice people on the forums for help- Thanks all!

For event buildings it is consistent. And if you are trying to get the most SF for your teleport spells, then you probably aren't going after the common buildings (residences, workshops, etc.). There are plenty of 20 square buildings to win from events.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So they pick on us humans just because we want a big Rec Room? It's not our fault their homes have less SF- They are smaller!!

i think it is in chapter 8 where all residence, workshop and factory sizes become equal between elf and human cities.

Ariel Greensleeves

Thanks for the information- Good point Pheryll- I just hated to 'sell' a magic residence, even if it is only level two. There is something about a Magic Residence... It is so magical, and I didn't want to just sell it, that seemed so mundane.