• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Which KP Sharing Method is Right for Your Fellowship Part 4

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
6) Wonder Wednesday. (or whatever day you like). This is a simple way to have a milestone day in your fellowship. It works with a little overhead and everybody participates (though they could, if they wanted, opt out). In this method you put your members names in a hat and draw them out to randomize them. (Okay, I use a spreadsheet and the Random() function). Each week you announce the target player a day or two ahead of the target day (Wednesday for us). He or she is then responsible for naming their target AW(s). On that day (or really any day ending in “day”) players put some KP on that AW. We usually recommend 15KP but the amount is whatever it is. The next week player is announced too. So the players get a msg on Monday or Tuesday (in our case) with : “Target player for Wednesday, June 8th: Jactar. Next week: “Bimbotheclown:

Jactar then pops up and adds, “GA, PT and/or LGN, please” The reason for the “next week” is so if the next week target will be gone next week he/she can notify the administrator of his/her target AW(s).

In any case, people jump in, put some AW in and carry one. Everybody gets a chance and the structure of the operation is flexible. You can do 3 players with 1 AW each week, 1 player with 1 AW each week, or 1 player with up to 3 AW’s It’s whatever you make of it. And if you put in a suggested value of contribution it seems to work out more balanced.

Upside: A small amount of weekly admin and, depending on how fast you go through your list of players, you have to know how to randomize the list at the beginning of each round (a hat really will work, btw if you wondering). In addition, it’s just kind of fun to be the target of “the random kindness of strangers.”

Downside: Not everybody contributes but everybody gets contributions. This is a big thing to some and unless your players are just willing to let it go, it can build up resentment if anybody is tracking it. So far, in two years, nobody in my fs has complained, but we are a pretty trusting group and nobody tracks it.

7) KP Exchanges. The idea here is to keep things balanced between individual players by making KP sharing a more formal transaction between two people. In this method you begin with a KP Exchange thread. The size of the exchange may be set: “100KP Exchange” or set by the participants. In any case, the thread is started and an offer is made by the “initiator” “My Maze of Dark Matter for 50KP” for instance. Somebody responds and says, “I’ll take that, my Golden Abyss for 50KP please”. Now the transaction is set. The initiator then goes to the respondents Golden Abyss and puts on 50KP. He/she posts in the thread, “50K to your GA.” The respondent responds by putting 50K on the initiator’s Maze of Dark Matter and posting, “50KP to your Maze of Dark Matter, transaction complete”

The four messages, in order, insure the respondent isn’t left holding the bag (which can easily happen if the initiator forgets he has initiated the offer) and insures everybody knows what’s expected/going on/done.

Upside: This transaction is clear and insures nobody is left holding the bag. The risk is small that then respondent will not put the final KP on, but it’s very small. And if that happens it’s clear that it did happen as the last msg never arrives and the transaction in never completed. We find the usual way this works best is by designating the amount of the KP exchange in the thread title. While you can have the open exchange (as the example shows) the standardize approach seems to work better.

Downside: It takes a bit to get people to understand the structure of the transaction. Usually an initiator will jump the gun and put the KP on the respondents AW thinking it works like a KP swap thread, and will have to be instructed as to how it needs to be done, and why. Once they learn though, it works very well and very cleanly.

8) Rune Shard Exchange. Much like the KP Exchange thread just discussed, the Rune Shard Exchange is structured the same but uses Rune Shards instead of KP, though, of course, the Rune Shards are converted in the process.

How it works. Like the KP exchange you have a thread with “Rune Shard Exchange” as the subject. And like the KP Exchange, you can specify the amount either in the subject line, as in: “10 Rune Shard Exchange” or in the body per transaction as in: “15 rune shards for my Martial Monastery.” Either way the transaction takes four steps: initiation, respond, initiators delivery, respondents delivery and close.

Example: “12 rune shards to my Thermal Spring of Youth” This says player wants 12 TSY rune shards applied to his/her TSY in exchange for 12 TSY rune shards applied to the respondents Thermal Spring of Youth. The respondent, in this case, says “I’ll give you 12 TSY rune shards for 12 to my TSY”. The initiator then applies the rune shards and posts, “12 TSY rune shards to your TSY” and the respondent returns with “12 TSY runes shards to your TSY, transaction complete.” S

As you can see, it’s pretty much like the KP exchange method except it uses rune shards. However, there is one option you can use to make it different. If the initiator either doesn’t have or doesn’t want to spend TSY rune shards, he/she can list other AWs. In that case the initial message would have been “12 Rune Shards to my Thermal Spring of Youth for 12 of GA, MH, or EE.” and the respondent would have said, “I’ll give 12 Rune shards to your TSY for 12 rune shards to my EE” specifying which of the options offered he/she chooses. Everything else then proceeds as above. (In fact, if you want to be really flexible, either party can vary what they want. The initiator can say, for instance, “12 TSY rune shards for 15 GA, or 14 MH or 16 EE”! The respondent is free to choose which and would reply, “12 TSY for 16 EE rune shards, please”)

Upside: this is a fair and individual way to trade. It’s quite safe and reliable, especially for moving large amounts of rune shards. It’s flexible enough to be used in small and large fellowships and reliable. It is highly profitable as it uses excess rune shards you’ll probably never use anyway.

Downside: players have to be trained on how to use it and, frankly, many just don’t want to bother. We find it a steady, if not stellar method used by a few but mostly not.

Whew, that was a lot, wasn’t it? Here’s the skinny on the whole thing based upon your desires.

Want an easy to administer way? Swap threads

Want a profitable (and fast) thing for the AW owner? Fast Shout Outs

Want a more lose and community building method? Shout Outs

Want a well organized method where all the profit goes to the contributors? Net Zero

Want a well organized higher overhead method that allows you to give rewards and really manage thing? Wonder Society

Want a way to have a round-robin pile on? Wonder Wednesday

Want a way to complete and track transactions? KP Exchange and/or Rune Shard Exchanges

Want a way to use up Rune Shards? Rune Shard Exchange.

Over all some of these profit the AW owner more than the contributors, and some the contributors more than the AW. Some have ways to be abused, and others are quite safe. Most are flexible enough to be adapted your fellowship. Trust is key to all of them. But, overall, if you aren’t using one or more of them you are are slowing your fellowship. With about 20% payback from the AW chests you really should be pushing KP sharing, one way or the other.

AJ

PS, if I’ve missed or miss-represented, or otherwise screwed up let me know. The fault is mine and I’ll take any correction/clarification I can get. aj

And sorry about the part count. I expected it to be in two parts but this forum has a limit (as do you, no doubt ;)

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
My fs uses kp swap and rune swap threads. It's easy and easy to catch any mistakes quickly (which don't happen often). I am a little confused but have heard the "net zero" method. Could you explain it in a very simple way and steps to do it please? (Not sure what I didn't understand but curious) @ajqtrz