• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Who Else is Getting Pooped-Out?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
This is my first post so forgive me if I don’t conform to all the rules for posting.

I really like the Spire, but hate the FAs. The prizes offered in the FA just aren’t worth the effort.
Welcome to the Forum :)
That is a very good post!

I am seeing some of the feedback we have offered: to make the events feasible while providing less opportunities for disruption of city development. That said, the events do take some focus and some work. I feel exhausted afterwards, and I think that I am not alone. Given that the pace is not likely to slow much, tell me what you do to compensate? And how can folks like myself, or some of the other game leaders who respond regularly, help you best?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This is my first post so forgive me if I don’t conform to all the rules for posting.

I really like the Spire, but hate the FAs. The prizes offered in the FA just aren’t worth the effort.
Welcome!
Sadly this is all too common as a first forum post. The FA (especially the latest version starting Thursday) has virtually the exact same tasks as a major event with far fewer rewards.

The only advantage the FA has over events is for a full FS with diverse players- If you have 20% of players "between chapters" who have the spare space& time, then they can mostly carry a FS through one path on each map so that all 25 members get a reward. Anything less than a full FS requires significantly more effort with a 0% increase in rewards- This is part of why feedback is generally more negative from newer players.

The next major section of complaints comes from those in fellowships who can do 1 path reasonably easily but can't see any logic in tripling their efforts to clear all 9 paths and getting a single 5h timer as a reward. It's insane. It's really too bad because the FA more than any other aspect of the game really has the potential to bring fellowships together to work as a team to reach common goals.

On a positive note, Elvenar is a game that is constantly in development so there is always a glimmer of hope that it will improve, and every bit of feedback like yours is another nudge forward :)

Iyapo1

I am getting really exhausted with all the spires, tourneys, events, and FAs!
If members are feeling burned out, maybe divide them up and have them only do every other Tourney, FA, Spire, and Event.(((?)))
The only advantage the FA has over events is for a full FS with diverse players- If you have 20% of players "between chapters" who have the spare space& time, then they can mostly carry a FS through one path on each map so that all 25 members get a reward.
Which is FS members taking turns.

There are some very competitive FS out there where this doesn't work. They have sister FS where the burnouts go. I like the idea of taking turns. Or of letting players really focus on favorite activities.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
The quests in events have become so generic anyway that you don't even need a list anymore unless you want to finish quickly.

Yes
I have a beta city now and it doesn't bother me at all to not have advanced knowledge.
And when the event goes live I hardly look at the lists at all.
Used to be I'd look at those cheat sheets and plan my moves 10 - 20 tasks ahead. Then I'd finish real early and sit twiddling my thumbs.
Even with the new style events where you have daily tasks to the end, it gets boring when you finish the main quest line and have to wait for that day's task. And then perhaps wait a couple days till it is worth spinning for prizes.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
As I'm reading some of the complaints it occurs to me that Inno may not be as bad as we think.
People look at the FA and see too much work for too little reward.
They look at Spire and see too expensive.
But I think we have to look at three "events" together rather than separately.

1 Tourny. It would seem most be are ok with the tourny. Sure "young" FS' cannot reach ten chests. But as you grow you can see progress. In fact often a smaller FS will get more satisfaction out of "We got SEVEN chests this week" than large FS' get from ten. Even with the new tourny I know my FS is pretty blah about getting extra chests. Maybe if they increased the rewards in each bonus chests we'd work harder.

2 The Spire. Now let's look at the Spire in relation to the tourny. The Spire is obviously harder than the tourny. Especially for "younger" cities. But it does give some useful prizes that you don't get from tourny. Small cities can use the fragment and everyone can use the CC and timers. The biggest difference is with Spire you only get the bonuses you earn. You can't win one fight then get all the rewards the rest of your FS earns. So even though it takes a team to excel it is a very much more solo task.

3 the FA is all about teamwork. And teams need to tailor their expectations to suit their membership. I've seen FS where just reaching the third map was an accomplishment. And then there is my current FS that fights for top five on server each time. Both FS require teamwork to reach their goals. Both can take pride in doing better each time. Again people whine about the prizes. I think they are OK. But to me it is really about the team challenge.

So the point I am trying to make, if you are still with me. If you look at all three together rather than separately, it seems like Inno is really trying to have something for everyone.

Dew Spinner

I think the problem is....Inno asks for our feedback and when they get a boatload of feedback they do nothing about it! How Many Times Has Inno Seen Feedback On The FA Needing Better Prizes For All The Work Needed! And they do absolutely nothing about it! Don't tell me it would kill them to give more that 1 time booster at the end, or make it a 14hr or 20hr, for all the effort! If their game plan is to make money by people buying more Diamonds then they are not going to do that by keeping the prizes so lackluster. These threads are littered with comments about how much the prizes suck!!

Deleted User - 1178646

Hell All,

It's my day to belly-ache. I am getting really exhausted with all the spires, tourneys, events, and FAs! Really wish Inno would back-off on the Spire and send it our way only every other week...or, perhaps, even less. I would also opt for alternating event frequency with FA frequency, if I could. For instance, Inno would only send us either an FA or an Event once a season. Of course, I could drop one or more of my cities....but, that would be awful as I would miss the people I have met. So, It would really be nice, in my humble opinion, if Inno would let up on the frequency of the spire and the FA/Event cycles. I haven't thrown the tourneys in there with a reduced cycle because, I love nothing better than a good fight! LOL! Anybody else, out there in the Elvenar world feeling like I do?

Feel absolutely free to skip some of these if it's to much for you, no one forces you to play them.
Then those who like them can play them.

AtaguS

Anybody else, out there in the Elvenar world feeling like I do?
Sometimes, absolutely. Personally, I had a hard time ignoring shiny things when placed in my path until I met this game. (And even still, let's be honest!) Over the years I've had to learn to force myself to ignore some of it, take breaks, slow down, be strategic about my approach, etc etc. I wouldn't say it comes naturally to me, lol lol, but it has greatly improved my enjoyment of the game. As mucksterme says, there is something here for everyone. The trick is to only take on what you can at any given moment and disregard the rest.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I can't help but participate. I take what I win and try to be satisfied with it. I don't mind the prizes, but since everything is evolution now (just like in FoE) and random lottery (just like FoE) I really think they need to incorporate upgrade selection kits, where you can pick the base or an upgrade. ie evolution (just like FoE) or a universal evolution.

neeronie

Welcome to the Forum :)
That is a very good post!

I am seeing some of the feedback we have offered: to make the events feasible while providing less opportunities for disruption of city development. That said, the events do take some focus and some work. I feel exhausted afterwards, and I think that I am not alone. Given that the pace is not likely to slow much, tell me what you do to compensate? And how can folks like myself, or some of the other game leaders who respond regularly, help you best?
I have had one player say "the game is not fun anymore" and has stopped playing, another say "all my city building progress will stop because of the FA", I myself have delayed installing the next guest race so that I can have space for the FA and I am good with that. Some of the goods needed for the new badges will be difficult for the smaller cities in my second Fellowship. With the real world situation that is currently causing stress, I think it would have been a better idea not to add to it in the game.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Or another way to see it is that the FA, the Spire, or the Tournaments aren't supposed to be about getting paid big rewards for doing them, but to have the fun of doing them as it's own reward. My fs doesn't do the FA for the rewards. Or the tournaments. And certainly not the Spire. If it's a cost/benefit analysis we'd all go home. We do it for the fun. That might mean the thrill of teamwork. It might be the satisfaction of finishing in the top 10. Or getting that 10th chest each week. The "rewards" aren't strictly things you can put your finger on and thus, part of those rewards are intangibles. In the long run I doubt all the tangible rewards you can think of would sustain any of the things Inno offers because eventually all of them become commodities. You learn to win them as easily as they can be won and then the whole thing becomes rote....and boring.

But sustaining a team effort each week with people having a bad week or a good one, watching one person step up when another steps back, that's where the fun is and that's what's most rewarding.

So let's not forget the intangibles because they are probably more important than how many instants we pick up, what artifacts we can get or even a blue print or two.

AJ

BrinDarby

@ajqtrz ,
ok, lets use your premise, its not about the prizes its about the journey.....
Lets also call this for what it really is... MistyForest ind. & MistyForest FA....

What is so wrong with a 1x1 culture bldg each level ( FA ) with a density of
lets say 50,75,100 respecctively .... Theme'd for each FA. THis certainly doesn't
imbalance the game, because Lava Codex from MA, has a density of 100ish...
I'd say 85% of every account has 1 of those.... The way players can have those
"badges of honor" displayed for all to see... Its a token prize I agree, but its also
a highly collectable token prize.... or @ major waypoints have chests, and even
if the prizes seem weak, it does give FSs things " to go for "....

Now 1 beef I have is that in reg events or FAs, far too few bldg prizes exceed
some of the craftable MA bldgs, therefore its less necesssary or even coveted
to win event bldgs.... When us players spend hours/hours & diamonds/$$$$
for events, then the stuff possible to win should be somewhat better than
--anything-- that can be crafted by normal means.

From what I've seen, all thats necessary is for a CH3+ player to earn 2-3 sets
of Moonstone Library, then ignore the events because they can have just as
productive of a city with craftable MA bldgs and std researched bldgs.....

From Misty Forest the big badash culture bldg was 5x3 and 1330 culture
for a CH4 player.... a 2x2 Lava Codex, has a higher density by ~18%....
I agree, I am not into guest race goods, mana, sentient goods and the like,
so event bldgs that give those I can't address, but pretty sure there's craftable
items that help there, iono........

I guess I'm saying ... now that Ive played for a couple months, I'm finding
that for most stuff... the event bldgs aren't special enuff compared to reg
items to warrent huge outlays of time/effort for... I also think they should
be harder to aquire, making them that much more coveted..... Since I am
accumulating far more bldgs that I can use, I'd rather have less of them, but
ones better than I can craft..... so that it keeps my interest in playing events.

SoggyShorts

a 1x1 culture bldg each level ( FA ) .... Theme'd for each FA. THis certainly doesn't
imbalance the game...The way players can have those
"badges of honor" displayed for all to see... Its a token prize I agree, but its also
a highly collectable token prize.... or @ major waypoints have chests, and even
if the prizes seem weak, it does give FSs things " to go for ".
This sounds pretty good (with the culture numbers edited out as they are WAY off for higher chapters)
There was once a "totem pole" idea suggested for a kind of growing trophy that was similar.
I'd say 85% of every account has 1 of those....
Not even remotely close.
Ive played for a couple months..... Since I am
accumulating far more bldgs that I can use, I'd rather have less of them, but
ones better than I can craft..... so that it keeps my interest in playing events.
A very significant part of this is that you could be in chapter 7 or 8 with your level of play but have chosen to remain in the tutorial and therefore aren't outgrowing your buildings.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Hmmm let's think now. I think I had a collection of different colored codexes - last seen in chapter 6. They were a memorial to the days when I had a cityful of blue ones, to remind me of when I needed my map brothers to polish them :) I carefully collected them over the course of 2016 but I dropped them like a hot potato when the Grounds of the Orc Strategists was released. I have never been tempted to craft them or anything.

DeletedUser4372

Why do you participate in EVERYTHING? You have the option of participating in w/e you want. but if you are trying to do it all, i can understand. i even quit my fellowships. i have too many cities and i am growing tired of even playing this game. When i started, i looked forward to running my cities once a day but with goods only on a maximum of 9 hours instead of 24... that is gone, you HAVE to log in twice a day now, and with them stealing 10% of the important things you make / collect, every single day, heaven forbid missing a couple days.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
From what I've seen, all thats necessary is for a CH3+ player to earn 2-3 sets
of Moonstone Library, then ignore the events because they can have just as
productive of a city with craftable MA bldgs and std researched bldgs.....

Yep. I have 7 and craft pretty much all day long the things I want. Because of that I have 20 Orc nests so I never run out of Orcs, 11 Golden Palaces and 11 Festival Merchants so I never run out of seeds, and enough mana production buildings so I never run out of mana. The crafting area, once you get the libraries, is a game changing thing for players like myself who are here at least most of the day and not doing more cities than can be effectively handled.

Of course I don't ignore the events but, as I noticed in the last one, absolutely no daily prizes worth my effort because I either have multiple of them or better ones from crafting. Since I keep my Venar's Rocks III up to day with RR spells I have over 45,000 pop from the 4 of them. And since I do the tournament to insane amounts each week and because I always finish the Spire, well, I'm set for everything....which is my point. Your sort of have to do it all to win it all. The events give you the artifacts, the FA's give you the artifacts you might not have gotten in the events, the Spire gives you the CC and/or Libraries to craft or (sometimes) to exchange the artifacts you won/earned in the Spire/Libraries that you used to get the CC to craft them and so on and so on. It's all interrelated and very complex....so I do it all and am glad I have only one city.

So, in essence, you are right. I could ignore the events, but that would have a cascading impact upon all the other things, so I don't.

AJ

SoggyShorts

Soggy, as usually any post of mine, anything I say, you find fault with....
WEll there are faults in them, and that's not my fault.
you are a sad excuse for a human being
Wow, a little touchy are we? You should be thankful and try to learn when I correct you.
please don't comment on my posts ever again.

----- LEAVE ME ALONE -----
Sure, just stop posting on a public forum and I'll have nothing to comment on.
I will continue to post when and where I please.