• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Who messed with the tech tree?

• Thread starter Deleted User - 850238979
  • Start date

Deleted User - 850238979

I used to play this game a while ago and a recent injury has me on my tuchus a lot more so I thought I'd build again.

Well! I can see they've changed a lot of stuff and it's not all bad but I just can't figure out why they've messed with the tech tree.

I've hit ch 3 and FA has been unlocked but because I can't do tourneys, spire or crafting I'm pretty useless. Why unlock a feature that's no good to the player or their team? I mean, what's the actual point?

Is this new system working for other newbies or am I just being a big ol' baby?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Allegedly, it should be faster to progress, if only you could grind gold and supplies from the cyclic quests, except those are gone. I am really not sure of the rationale behind delaying tournament but hey! Welcome to the way I learned how to play back in the day, when the only relics we had for cooking spells were earned solving provinces. So we had to avoid relying on spells. I had my MA off road except for four times a year for events, it was that useless.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I used to play this game a while ago and a recent injury has me on my tuchus a lot more so I thought I'd build again.

Well! I can see they've changed a lot of stuff and it's not all bad but I just can't figure out why they've messed with the tech tree.

I've hit ch 3 and FA has been unlocked but because I can't do tourneys, spire or crafting I'm pretty useless. Why unlock a feature that's no good to the player or their team? I mean, what's the actual point?

Is this new system working for other newbies or am I just being a big ol' baby?
This is a new thing that has been changed for the newer cities several months ago that was gradually rolled out.

I was fortunate. I had several dead cities in Chapter 1 when I decided to restart them (chapters 15 and 16 were too exhausting. I decided to return to the beginning.) So they get the tourney and Spire in the old tech tree.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I was fortunate. I had several dead cities in Chapter 1 when I decided to restart them (chapters 15 and 16 were too exhausting. I decided to return to the beginning.) So they get the tourney and Spire in the old tech tree.
On beta Inno is migrating ALL cities onto the new tech tree. Any cities below chapter 4 was moved to the end of chapter 4 with all techs filled. Any city in chapter 5 was moved to the end of chapter 5 with all tech filled. Any cities in chapter 6+ just got the new tech tree with all tech filled, but no change in chapter.

The assumption is that this will be happening on live servers soon.

Deleted User - 850238979

Yep, and I'm one of those newbies o_O lol
How are you finding it? I'm a bit bored tbh. There's really very little flexibility to create your own city the way you want it. Like, I gotta have x residences, gotta have barracks up to a certain level etc. And it's not like you can afford to decline quests cos that's how you get the stuff you used to get from tourney an spire (although a lot less).

But I like the hobby room and the reels that drop.

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
How are you finding it? I'm a bit bored tbh. There's really very little flexibility to create your own city the way you want it. Like, I gotta have x residences, gotta have barracks up to a certain level etc. And it's not like you can afford to decline quests cos that's how you get the stuff you used to get from tourney an spire (although a lot less).

But I like the hobby room and the reels that drop.
Gordo, I found it just as frustrating in the beginning. My Archmage was a HUGE help in answering all these questions for me. I couldn't have gotten through all the confusion without him and probably would have quit the game.