• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Who thinks the Fairy buildings are over-ornate?

Do you think that the Fairy buildings are over-ornate?

• Yes - there is so much unnecessary detail that the notification icons get lost

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No - they are perfectly fine

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • The Devs are doing a great job. Stop hitting on them!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I'm struggling with the massive Fairy Workshops!
Their design is so over-elaborate that I cannot see at a glance whether they are ready to harvest, or need to be fueled up for the next cycle.
The little hammer and zzz thingees get totally lost in the forest of multi-colored curlicues and twiddledy-diddles.
Here is a picture to compare them with the previous Dwarven versions, where the notification thingees jumped off the screen and smacked you right between the eyeballs!
:)

I mean - the Fairy Workshops are very pretty, yes.
But they are not, IMO, awfully functional...

Captur1e.JPG

Last edited:

DeletedUser627

Yes, I find it difficult to see the supply icons floating. And at L19, the waterfalls could be really pretty if they were on the visible end exposure, rather than on the side.

Deleted User - 107391

Their design is so over-elaborate ...

Good point. I don't have one yet, so didn't know, but I can see from your picture that it's a bit difficult.

DeletedUser1016

Their design is so over-elaborate that I cannot see at a glance whether they are ready to harvest, or need to be fueled up for the next cycle.
The little hammer and zzz thingees get totally lost in the forest of multi-colored curlicues and twiddledy-diddles.
Here is a picture to compare them with the previous Dwarven versions, where the notification thingees jumped off the screen and smacked you right between the eyeballs!

:)View attachment 785
Totally agree - starting to look more like a forest of flowers than a city?

DeletedUser627

When it comes to buildings, they tend to look really good solo - like on the Wiki page. The difference between how they look solo and how they looked combined en masse in our cities is interesting, yes? Enough to make me speculate that the designers aren't part of the game process itself = it's pretty hard to imagine that they could create such interesting solo buildings and yet fail to perceive the overall city appearances.

We also see a trend where intermediate buildings tend to be better than final buildings in the sub-series (think Workshop 14 vs 15, Residence 16 vs 17 and 18 v 19, Silk 18 v 19, etc.)

Deleted User - 107391

... the waterfalls could be really pretty if they were on the visible end exposure, rather than on the side.
When it comes to buildings, they tend to look really good solo... it's pretty hard to imagine that they could create such interesting solo buildings and yet fail to perceive the overall city appearances....

Now that I finally have them, I see what you mean. It's really short-sighted.

maeter75

It is a little difficult to see over them but they are really nicely done. Good Work Elvenar team on the artwork.