• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

whom can i polish

antiguan1

I Noticed that a certain player has been polishing my culture buildings. i checked the may and said player is not one of my neighbors. player is actually quite some distance away. i visited player's city but i could not polish any of his buildings. Why is that so?

DeletedUser5521

When I was smaller and had players outside my "green area" help me, I would send them a message of thanks and let them know I was still too far away, but when I was able, I would return the favor. If they still continued to visit me regularly I would often drop a few KP in their Ancient Wonders. It was the only way I could reciprocate until I "discovered" them on my World Map, and a great way to get to know the players in my 'hood :)

fitress

I was very fortunate when still very small, that several players visited me every day, and I did the same thing as Aramina. Some replied and some did not, but I don't think I lost anyone. Now, when I discover a city, especially if they are a new player, I visit every day for at least a week to let them know I'm there. Again, some will acknowledge and some not. Enjoy the game....

Frayea-1

Many in my neighborhood dont help ir respond same in my fellowships- it not fair in my opinion so i help those who help me-on the left of your city are little tabs one looks like a bell you can see who is helping you-help them! Dont waste coins on the others many have lost interest in the game and check in just to catch up but dont help anyone

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Many in my neighborhood dont help ir respond same in my fellowships- it not fair in my opinion so i help those who help me-on the left of your city are little tabs one looks like a bell you can see who is helping you-help them! Dont waste coins on the others many have lost interest in the game and check in just to catch up but dont help anyone
It may just be that they aren't close enough to you yet. If you see their score going up, you'll know they are active. I suggest you keep helping them; I always do. Sometimes I get a surprise a few weeks later and find that they are now able and willing to help me. Don't burn your bridges, as they say. As far as wasting coins ... how do you waste coins by helping them? I gain coins; I don't lose them. Is that not true for everyone? I'm curious to understand what you mean.

DeletedUser25004

I second the question of wasting coins. Helping is a Win-Win for both players imo. The only cost of helping is the time it takes.

AtaguS

I try to think of my neighborhood as an extension of my fellowship...Strong neighbor relationships go a long way to help you, perhaps in transition times in your own fs where you have an imbalance of goods. I can't see a downside to visiting every neighnbor out there. The ones who don't play anymore, or who don't visit, still give you a coin reward, and the ones who do...can become a lifeline in the game when chips are down.

I feel very fortunate that players with large cities have helped me. They have taken the time to answer my questions and take my small trades especially since I am still rather new and need the help. Sir Squirrel spent time making me a beautiful and meaningful signature and avatar.
This game seems to bring many kind, talented and generous beings to it. I am just beginning to try to help others and it is rewarding.
Love this game.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I try to think of my neighborhood as an extension of my fellowship...Strong neighbor relationships go a long way to help you, perhaps in transition times in your own fs where you have an imbalance of goods. I can't see a downside to visiting every neighnbor out there. The ones who don't play anymore, or who don't visit, still give you a coin reward, and the ones who do...can become a lifeline in the game when chips are down.
Exactly!

NightshadeCS

As far as wasting coins ... how do you waste coins by helping them? I gain coins; I don't lose them. Is that not true for everyone? I'm curious to understand what you mean.
I second the question of wasting coins. Helping is a Win-Win for both players imo. The only cost of helping is the time it takes.

There is no waste of coins. When you help others, you are not actually giving them the coins they receive. Aiding the Main Hall, Builder Hut, or Culture buildings costs you nothing (well, except time, as Venar El said). : )

NightshadeCS

If you are not receiving help from most of your fellowship, then I would say you are not in a very good one. If you are highly active, you may want to look for a new home.

[EDIT: I went and looked up your group, and they are very new and full of very new players. Do they auto-accept applications? This may get you a lot of folks who try the game out and then quit shortly after. As I said above, if you are active and plan to stick around for a while, start looking for a better FS]

Neighbors, on the other hand, that one can be more tricky. How many pit mines you have around you, and the timing of aid can contribute to less reciprocation. Also, which may seem counterintuitive, if there are a lot of "big" cities around you, you may actually receive less aid. Large cities are rarely in need of coins and supplies, so while they might return aid if they catch it in their notifications, they could be less likely to roam around the map giving aid to all of their neighbors.