• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why Are There So Few Trades?

• Thread starter DeletedUser3616
  • Start date

DeletedUser3686

You don't have to discover someone for them to show up on your trader list
They just have to be one of the closest 200 cities near you
If they are undiscovered there is a yellow exclamation point next to rating and the trader charges you a fee if you accept the trade

Ohhhh that makes a lot of sense then, thanks for clarifying that!

DeletedUser1094

I haven't seen this explained in the forum or in the Wiki, and if this post belongs elsewhere please move it...

I have seen posts by people talking about sorting through 50 pages of trades. On a good day, I'm lucky to have 3 pages worth of trades, including fellowship trades. There are only 5 non-fellowship names I see on a regular basis, and 3 of them offer really awful 1-star trades (which I try to avoid, but sadly I do get desperate!). Only 1 of these names is one I recognize as a neighbor, and I've explored pretty far away from my town.

So how are the available trades made available? When we start moving towns, will I get an increase in the number of trades listed? Or do I not see many trades because players just don't trade? It's tough to believe that out of an entire world, only 5 players outside of my fellowship do any trading! I depend on trading to help me play, so this is very frustrating!

Why Trade, you can make what you need I think trading is useless because I can make all I need why can you.

DeletedUser3297

Why Trade, you can make what you need I think trading is useless because I can make all I need why can you.

Because you are just wasting resources making insanely small amounts of goods in non-boosted manufatories. The game is designed for you to only produce your boosts and work as a team to get everything you need. Once you realize that, you can start producing a lot more goods and trade for the rest, you'll even have free space in your city by selling useless manufactories and make room for other buildings that you need. It will help you progress further, more easily and it's just a wiser use of the limited space you have.