• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why can't I place my magic academy?

Gandelf

I have space, but it doesn't turn green, just stays red. I don't know if it's a glitch, or if it's because I'm (ooh, horror!) doing things out of order.

Gandelf

Ok, never mind. I've found out. There's a bit of road hiding behind my main hall. What a pain! Now I can't see a way to get rid of that.

Vergazi

Ok, never mind. I've found out. There's a bit of road hiding behind my main hall. What a pain! Now I can't see a way to get rid of that.
If you mean get rid of the bit of road. Go into sell mode and carefully click on the road bit. Safer if other buildings are around is to move the road bit to a clear spot and then zap it. I hope I understood your post in the way that you meant it.

Gandelf

You did understand it, thank you. (The biggest problem was that it was behind my main hall, which was too big to move out of the way so that I could select the bit of road. So I had to rearrange the entire city--at least I had the space the academy was supposed to go into--to move the hall, and then put it all back afterwards. A pain, but, well, worse things happen in real life.)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You did understand it, thank you. (The biggest problem was that it was behind my main hall, which was too big to move out of the way so that I could select the bit of road. So I had to rearrange the entire city--at least I had the space the academy was supposed to go into--to move the hall, and then put it all back afterwards. A pain, but, well, worse things happen in real life.)
Next time, put yourself in move mode and click a bit of road and drag it over your main hall. That will make your main hall go semi-transparent, and you'll be able to see exactly where the road is. Then you can get a clear idea or landmark to pick it up after you put the other bit of road back where you got it.

(example below, red arrow points to bit of road I'm currently holding onto during move, while green arrow is point to a piece of hidden road behind Main Hall (which is transparent because I have a piece of moved road hovered over it.), that I will be able pick up after I put down the other one, because I know exactly where it is.
upload_2019-10-22_12-43-18.png