• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why does Cerberus have only 2 heads?

DeletedUser12741

Since in Greek Mythology Cerberus has three heads, why does the one in the game only have two? Just curious.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser5800

Since in Greek Mythology Cerberus has three heads, why does the one in the game only have two? Just curious.:rolleyes:
Actually he originally had fifty heads, has been described as having up to one hundred and commonly only had two in early art... so there is no standard.
upload_2017-11-24_21-29-49.png

Heracles, with club in his right hand raised over head, and leash in left hand, drives ahead of him, a two-headed Cerberus, with mane down his necks and back, and a snake tail. (c. 530–515 BC)

DeletedUser12741

Yes, I heard that too, if they count the "snake head mane" that has many heads.

DeletedUser6653

you also left out copyright/trademark/patent/etc laws...INNO doesn't have the rights to three headed Cerberus, this is also why their haflings have horns. :p

DeletedUser12741

you also left out copyright/trademark/patent/etc laws...INNO doesn't have the rights to three headed Cerberus, this is also why their haflings have horns. :p

I don't think anyone needs rights to Greek Mythology or can have them, so they could have done that if they chose to. Also, there was another adventure game that I played a long time ago that had a three headed cerberus...I think it was Quest for Glory V: Dragon Fire.

DeletedUser12586

Because it's not Cerberus the mythological hound, but a species of animal bred for battle, named after the mythological hound. Have you noticed that we also have dinosaurs in Elvenar? :D
Dinosaurs?? Which creature are you referring to? :)

DeletedUser5800

The other one I was thinking of has something that resembles a triceratops skeleton
Not sure on that one... there are two orc culture things with sabertooth skeletons and one with a dragon skeleton... and of course the raptors nest has another pterodactyl... I couldn't find a triceratops skeleton. :eek:

DeletedUser12586

Awesome! Having those [orc armory and grab shroom] must be quite the milestone of achievements. Elvenar is wonderful, a bit of everything for everyone.

DeletedUser5800

Having those [orc armory and grab shroom] must be quite the milestone of achievements.
I was sad when I had to upgrade the Orc Armory and lost my Mammoth! The Grab Rap Shroom is Premium and I got one because it looked cool and I had not seen the full animation... but after watching the mushroom eat the pterodactyl every three seconds for days, I sold it. Most annoying animation in Elvenar I think. :(