• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

why does chat always break after an FA?

• Thread starter DeletedUser12171
  • Start date

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
We were pleasantly surprised to still have chat after this last one ended. (in Elcysandir) Then, we got on this morning and even the annoying 100 message alert is gone (along with all the chat msgs; it was completely clear). Typed /who into the chat box and it didn't work, but it typed it out and some other members answered me. I saw complaints when the new chat was in beta that things like whisper and /who weren't working for this chat. Could it be they're releasing it live?

SassKatt

Totally blank chat when I go on also, though I am getting responses back from a message sent. Maybe we did too much chatting during the adventure.
I so wish they would get things fixed. How hard can it be??

DeletedUser5521

If they are releasing the Beta-tested chat already, it's still not bug-free, and we often have multiple postings of the same messages displaying, as well as no shortcuts working. Still needs some work, imho :oops:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
multiple postings of the same messages displaying, as well as no shortcuts working
Well, both these things are happening in our chat today. Plus, there's one member (so far) whose name does not display for him or anyone else when he posts in chat today. He cleared cache/reloaded at first thinking it was his problem; nope. Now he's taken to typing his name first, then the rest of his post, lol! Now I'm almost convinced that's what they've done. Releasing to live with known bugs doesn't seem to phase them in anything else...

DeletedUser3220

It's not just my chat that keeps messing up. I get knocked off Elvenar about every 15mins now. I've gotten over 60k error messages since 5/1/18 and all I do is get on Elvenar or play puzzles while I'm waiting on productions. Nothing else goes wrong with this pc unless I'm on Elvenar. What's up with that? Anyone else have this problem too?