• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why does Inno continue to push poor gameplay?

Everyone who has been at this game for a while realized long ago that the most effective way to build a city is to build only your boosted goods then trade with others. Gaining 700% for the same length of time you gain only 100% of a non-boosted is completely worth the effort of posting trades.

Good gameplay = Build only boosted goods

However, in both this Fall event as well as the fellowship adventures, Inno has been pushing us to build all 3 goods. Why? It needs to stop.

Bad gameplay = Building all 3 T1 goods

qaccy

just got on, i was laughing because as soon as i open my map, well, i could not open my map until i closed the offer to sell me nuts? have not even opened up the game and inno is trying to get in my wallet.

Or looking at it another way, Inno provides an opportunity to realistically obtain the current event prize for those who may be interested in it and willing to spend. I don't see a problem with it.

DeletedUser3805

They pushed for us to do it in the Masquerade event, too.

I think part of it is that they are trying to slow down players, so they won't rush through the game. Obviously, they're not trying too hard because the prizes they're offering for some of these events aren't worth the effort it would take to get them, so a lot of people will opt to not try to complete the event.

Mainly, I think they're trying to entertain players who are either between guest race chapters or are at/near the end of the latest chapter. They already have space carved out of their cities for whatever buildings the next guest race will need, so dropping a few manufactories isn't difficult, and the costs of building level 1 manufactories and producing from them are a drop in the bucket for players at that level.

I don't particularly like this new trend, either. It may be all well and good for more advanced players (if they're not in the middle of a guest race chapter), but I'm sure it's rough for players who are in the first five chapters and need all the space they can get.

DeletedUser7367

Everyone who has been at this game for a while realized long ago that the most effective way to build a city is to build only your boosted goods then trade with others. Gaining 700% for the same length of time you gain only 100% of a non-boosted is completely worth the effort of posting trades.

However, in both this Fall event as well as the fellowship adventures, Inno has been pushing us to build all 3 goods. Why? It needs to stop.

Bad gameplay = Building all 3 T1 goods
OK the current tournament is another Alice in Wonderland spin-er-ama abuser of everyone's time just to [GAIN?] wasted needed supplies, goods et al....ending up with quite but lowly stat quality 'goodies'.....I see through this like new Anderson Glass. Gimme a friggin' break, Inno..... go back to making great return for great games and not suddenly carnival kerapp prizes that are so low in quality? You're losing peeps like crazy due to this 'concept' called greed. It won't last.

DeletedUser7367

They pushed for us to do it in the Masquerade event, too.

I think part of it is that they are trying to slow down players, so they won't rush through the game. Obviously, they're not trying too hard because the prizes they're offering for some of these events aren't worth the effort it would take to get them, so a lot of people will opt to not try to complete the event.

Mainly, I think they're trying to entertain players who are either between guest race chapters or are at/near the end of the latest chapter. They already have space carved out of their cities for whatever buildings the next guest race will need, so dropping a few manufactories isn't difficult, and the costs of building level 1 manufactories and producing from them are a drop in the bucket for players at that level.

I don't particularly like this new trend, either. It may be all well and good for more advanced players (if they're not in the middle of a guest race chapter), but I'm sure it's rough for players who are in the first five chapters and need all the space they can get.

DeletedUser7367

It's an afterthought preceded by giggles of OMFG what are they 'stooping' to now? Outright anathema to getting 'accomplished' and MUCH more powerful, boosted goods 'raped' troops, supply stores... for WHAT? nonsensical 'names with lousy stats as well'???The REAL game is being derailed and unfocused with these sideline parodies that people pay even MORE money for!! Ludicrous.

DeletedUser4366

C'mon folks....we all know without a heavy donation of diamonds, that it is impossible for anyone to get the third building prize even if you finish all the quests. So the screen opens and essentially announces the event and asks you if you really really want that third building? If so = pay up. If not = great hit that little "X" in the top right corner like so many other popups and keep playing.

IMHO not a lot of players are (rage) quitting over the popups. Over gameplay changes, scouting,fighting matrix, AW devaluation, and failed adventures - yeah, that's happening.

DeletedUser7367

What's funny is that people like you have been doomsaying this for years now (not just here in Elvenar) and yet everything's still running. Do you actually know what you're talking about?

DeletedUser7367

Funny that you question my 'cogent mindset' or more blatantly, having my perceptive **** together, yes..... I more than think I know..... What's your other side than being an Inno shill?

shimmerfly

Funny that you question my 'cogent mindset' or more blatantly, having my perceptive sh*t together, yes..... I more than think I know..... What's your other side than being an Inno shill?
Aren't you "barking" up the wrong tree complaining here? I bet your still playing at the end of this event. Some of us might be able to listen to you better without the profane language. But if you feel it's necessary continue on>>> :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Good gameplay= a personal decision. If you like doing events, it = not only building boosted goods. The best games give you multiple paths to follow and aren't set up so that there is only one successful strategy. The fact that so many of us think "Build only boosted goods"=good gameplay means that the design was bad before.

DeletedUser9601

In this event, they're pushing you to devote 12 or 16 squares (4 level 1 buildings, which are either 2x2 (steel) or 2x1(plank/marble), and needed roads) to T1 goods. Hardly a "push." And the rationale is obvious. If you want to proceed through the event and receive a meaningful reward, you need to sacrifice part of your city to build useless buildings. You marginally slow down your city growth for the 2-3 weeks it takes to earn the 2 main prizes, then you delete the buildings. Its no different when they set up quests that could only reasonably be accomplished with a dozen level 1 workshops. Level 1 workshops aren't encouraging "good gameplay," but no one complained during Winter/Easter events.

The Adventures requirement is the same rationale, but more pronounced. If you want to power-game through Adventures and win prizes, then devote a good chunk of your city to worthless level 1 buildings. If your FS wants the top prizes and FS points, then expect it to cost something. Not much in terms of gold/time/supplies/population. But in terms of losing useful city space, yes.

You're asking for a great reward for having a city layout that you already have. Why would Inno reward that? Why have an event at all? If you want a good prize, expect some sacrifices/effort.

qaccy

Funny that you question my 'cogent mindset' or more blatantly, having my perceptive sh*t together, yes..... I more than think I know..... What's your other side than being an Inno shill?

Do you really, though? I'm willing to wager both that Inno and other game developers know something you do not regarding how to keep a persistent game running, and that your claims may not be entirely false, but are nowhere near as impactful on the game as a whole as you think they are.

DeletedUser7367

I'm always amused by the expectation that a company with 150 million euros in sales last year ought to drop whatever they are doing and listen to random (anonymous) forum person who knows the "one-true-path" to success
LOL it's the double whammy of any oxymoron,,,,Lighthouse/Bellspire 'boosts from ALL visits? ALL gone... That's lucid and fair? Rubbish.

In this event, they're pushing you to devote 12 or 16 squares (4 level 1 buildings, which are either 2x2 (steel) or 2x1(plank/marble), and needed roads) to T1 goods. Hardly a "push." And the rationale is obvious. If you want to proceed through the event and receive a meaningful reward, you need to sacrifice part of your city to build useless buildings. You marginally slow down your city growth for the 2-3 weeks it takes to earn the 2 main prizes, then you delete the buildings. Its no different when they set up quests that could only reasonably be accomplished with a dozen level 1 workshops. Level 1 workshops aren't encouraging "good gameplay," but no one complained during Winter/Easter events.

The Adventures requirement is the same rationale, but more pronounced. If you want to power-game through Adventures and win prizes, then devote a good chunk of your city to worthless level 1 buildings. If your FS wants the top prizes and FS points, then expect it to cost something. Not much in terms of gold/time/supplies/population. But in terms of losing useful city space, yes.

You're asking for a great reward for having a city layout that you already have. Why would Inno reward that? Why have an event at all? If you want a good prize, expect some sacrifices/effort.

I'm not someone who complains about games just to complain or who is never satisfied like many forum trolls, so don't treat my OP as such. I'm someone who has been playing many types of games for the past 28 years and understand what makes a game fun.

My main point isn't that they should reward me for doing nothing. My point is that I think the entire design of the event is flawed if they must rely on forcing people to drastically change their city layout to accomplish it. They keep pushing this idea from one event to the next and and asking you to rework your city in a less than optimal design. In my opinion there are better ways an event could be run (I've shared some in suggestion posts before.) that encourage good city design.