• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why is there a limit on the amount of Ancient Wonder help ?

Tawneywild

I am curious as to the purpose behind the Ancient Wonder limit. Why does the game care how many points a player receives each day?

Ancient Wonder Limit.JPG

It only happens to one person in my fellowship, and I know they are also regularly giving points to other people.

It annoys me because I can't give them the runes or kp points I wish to and prevents me from getting runes if I don't give in the window of time they are allowed points.

Just wondering what the reasoning is behind it.

Sprite1313

I am curious as to the purpose behind the Ancient Wonder limit. Why does the game care how many points a player receives each day?

View attachment 15701

It only happens to one person in my fellowship, and I know they are also regularly giving points to other people.

It annoys me because I can't give them the runes or kp points I wish to and prevents me from getting runes if I don't give in the window of time they are allowed points.

Just wondering what the reasoning is behind it.
It's a mechanism to avoid "push" accounts. There was a long discussion about this when rune shards were first changed to grant 10/15KP on AWs.

Yogi Dave

This does not stop push accounts, but it does reduce/slow the effectiveness of push accounts since the owner of the AW's limit is reduced faster than it rebuilds. However, someone hitting the limit does not mean they have push accounts. Once someone hits that limit, it can take a while for them to get out of it. Hitting the limit was more of a problem when it was introduced then it is now.

There are several aspects to the receive limit:
  • Filling an AW:
    • Donor: Increases limit by the number of kp given plus 15 times the number of runes given
    • Owner: Decreases limit by that amount.
  • Chests returned after when an AW fills:
    • Donor: Decreases limit by the kp in the chest. Runes have no effect on the limit. You just have more of them.
    • Owner: Increases limit by the kp in the chest. Runes have no effect on the limit, and it doesn't change the number of runes you have.
  • Time passes: Every day everyone's receive limit grows a bit.
Consequences when donating to an AW and receiving chests back when it is filled:
  • You put 15kp in someone's AW and get back 15 from a chest:
    • Regardless of runes received, neither receive limits change.
  • You put a rune in someone's AW and get back 15kp from a chest:
    • They received 15kp and give back 15 kp, so their limit remains the same.
    • You gave a rune which counts as 15kp and got back 15kp, so your limit remains the same, but you are down a rune and up 15kp. Essentially this is how to convert a rune into kp.
  • You put 15kp in someone's AW and get back a rune: *
    • They received 15kp, but returning a rune doesn't affect their limit, so it decreased by 15.
    • You gave 15kp, but got a rune back, so your limit increase by 15 and you have a rune. This is how to convert kp into a rune.
* This can't actually happen since no chest ever just gives back runes, but it shows the principle. Some of the other examples may not exactly be possible, but the principle holds.

Yogi Dave

PS: You are never blocked from donating to people in general; just from the people who have a receive limit less than or equal to zero.

Tawneywild

interesting but still hurts me since they have the higher level AW's - they are finished with all the chapters.

thanks y'all - Sprite1313 and Yogi Davie - I appreciate the time you took. I did do a search for a thread but missed that one.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
interesting but still hurts me since they have the higher level AW's
Make side deals. Look for people who are helping you frequently and send an email asking if they'd be interested in a KP trade then set up a thread to swap 100, 200 or 500 as pleases both of you.