• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why should I craft???

Smooper

I am a mid level player who crafts things I need and only things I need. I do 19 provinces in the tournament and have just started to ascend the spire every week instead of once a month. I see many posts where people are saying "craft, craft, craft" but I don't really understand why. I think some want spell frags but I have 293k spell frags and the only use for them is crafting the things I need (expiring buildings, pet food, an rarely a culture building). I have 453 CC's so I seem good there but should I be making skips and instants every time I see them? Do you speed them along to keep your offerings rolling over 5 at a time? Should I be making enchantments and using them much more often?

What is YOUR strategy in the MA and why do you use this strategy?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
You want to aspire to have the largest collection of Smallest Rooms.

Besides Spire, it used to be is a good source of free diamonds with the MO chest. Your chances have been significantly nerfed but you can't win the lotto unless you buy a lotto ticket and play. I also craft all the time instants that come through because time instants are like a poor man's diamonds that can be used in a lot of places to speed things along when you don't have enough resources. Coin rains are for FAs and Supply Windfalls are for Brown Bear.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
I keep crafting to win diamonds from mystery objects as well. As you do I craft the items that I need and on top of it I craft all the cheap items that give good vision vapour per CC. At this moment, I'm using CCs and spell fragments equally and don't have excess of either of them.

Flashfyre

After crafting all the 1-shot bases (those evolving buildings you can only have 1 of at a time), I craft any time booster worth more than 1 hour, pet food when it appears, KP instants over 10kp value, and PP/coin/supplies instants 50% or greater.
I don't fight much, so I avoid all those martial buildings like the plague.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I craft all the time...but, like you, pretty much only what I want. And what do I want? Military buffs (ELR, MMM, UUU and the new ones), pet food, replacements for my mana sawmills, orc nests, and Grounds of orc strategists (as it's cheaper to replace them than upgrade them with RR), and sometimes, the time instants. As for the instants, it depends on how much time there is on the clock and when I'll get back to the game to collect them. So, if I get a 30 minute x 5 time instant that takes 3 and a half hours to do but rewards me with 2 and a half hours of help, I either start it and wait until there is less than 2.5 hours left, then finish it off (at a "time profit") or I skip it. It depends on if I think I'll get back to the game and remember to finish it off or not. What I don't want is to have that slot working when the reset occurs because I want the next time instant. Since most time instants give you more than you need to spend to make them instantly, anything above the 15 minute one I usually build with time instants. So, I do craft, craft, craft, but I also only craft what I need/want.

AJ

elvenbee

I craft as much as I can, since I still run low on CC's. Spellfrags are easier for me to get, because I disenchant prior chapter buildings. I always craft the relic spot, for the pet food. The Coin Rains & Supply Windfalls for the FA/events (or when I get a little overzealous on upgrading in a new chapter). The building spot, I constantly craft to help rotate out the building offered, since I'm trying to get specific bases. Crafting the spots helps produce a new item in that spot imo. I seem to get pet food faster when I craft the relics or a new building faster when I craft that spot.

It's a game set in a magical world. Crafting is part of the magic.

You have a mighty Crafting inventory there. You could be quite the hero for Residue-doo during FA, if you have the 5-hr Instants to crank it out.

I find Crafting amusing, and the occasional 500 Diamonds is good fun, like finding a fiver on the sidewalk. I use Time Boosts constantly, so having a source of those is quite useful.