• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why your army is not rising as the army of the provinace:

Are you fed up with the system of your army:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser2163

I have been doing my quest to upgrade my army's and yet the further I rise them the further the army I am fighting is rising: I notice either you have to buy the upgrades and it does not give you much am I the only one with this problem really why are you buying diamonds and yet your getting further in the game but your not achieving much because you have not fought the battles or scuffled to get what you have: What the point of raising your army and they are not giving you what you need to get ahead of the game:

DeletedUser3312

I cannot win a battle. no matter that I am now a squad upgrade 13, have 5 armories and a level 13 barracks. none of it matters in the least. my paladin goes out against rock and lizard people and get's creamed in about 3 hits. It is just plain frustrating!

DeletedUser594

You need to send AxeBarbarian, and Dogs against rock people (steinling & golem).

The lizard ppl must be Orcs or Swamp Monsters. You can send 2 Paladin up front against Swamp monsters with 3 archers behind shooting at them. If it's only swamp and and trees you can send 4 archers- they can shoot 4 spaces but the lizard ppl and treants can only move 2 steps so use the distance, you can have 1-2 paladin up front to get in their path and keep your archers safe.
For Orcs Paladin should have no problem.
If your heavily out numbered the golem and stein will be a headache and are a general pain in the rear any time

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3312

Thanks varron, will try that. I usually send in a priest with the crew to help but he always gets killed as he is the last one left with 4 opponents. I do good to take out one opponent. I just finished the research on the paladin upgrade and it did not seem to help any. And the lizard took out my green dog in one swing.

DeletedUser594

The human army doesn't have a good answer for Heavy Ranged (HR) Golem and Steinlings (great against canon though). The cerberus get a bonus against HR but will get killed by light melee and heavy melee in one shot. So it's just a difficult fight if there's a mix with golem/steinlings.

DeletedUser3610

I usually send in a priest with the crew to help but he always gets killed as he is the last one left with 4 opponents.
If you know that it's futile to continue fighting because you will be defeated anyway I recommend surrendering (clicking the little white flag at the left bottom of the screen). You will lose the fight (as you would anyway), but you will at least save your remaining fighters that would otherwise all die in vain if you continued fighting until the bitter end and you can then use them in your next fight.

DeletedUser3312

have been doing my quest to upgrade my army's and yet the further I rise them the further the army I am fighting is rising: I notice either you have to buy the upgrades and it does not give you much am I the only one with this problem really why are you buying diamonds and yet your getting further in the game but your not achieving much because you have not fought the battles or scuffled to get what you have:

Hetima, I am not sure that I know about using diamonds to purchase battle things. I complete the research tree (time line) and grow the military as I advance in the game. I negotiate provinces as I cannot win a battle to save my life. The opponents are way to powerful to overcome. So I continue paying the land sharks their exorbitant fees. I would love to win a battle. I did when I was back in chapter 1. I won most of them and then I won a few in chapter 2. after that it has been annihilation all the way.

DeletedUser594

After some consideration and actually going to an 11th ring elixer province and fighting 5 fights I feel like I got a better handle on some of the fighting for the Orc/Steinling/Dog attack you're struggling with.
I fought with 1 paladin 2 Axe, a Dog and a Priest (always sounds like a bad joke set up).
  • The key(s) as I saw them were to skip the first move (=set up correctly and you won't need to move except some small adjustments)
  • Don't send the Cerberus across the field to attack unless you are pinning the enemy back or have some other strategic reason.
  • If at all possible seperate the Golem/Steinlings- give them out of range bait at top and bottom of the screen
  • set up one hex outside of Golems/Steins range
  • use priest to hit golem or stein, follow up with Axe or Dog
  • Use Paladin to kill Orcs, support from Axe if Golem is out of rang
The 1-2-3 punch of Priest-Axe-Dog or Priest-Axe-Axe really puts a dent in the golem. By waiting on the first move you take away te enemies chance to gang up on it and they spread their firpower all around.
I Think it may have worked just as well with an Axe added in place of Paladin- but I only had 2 so i didn't try.

DeletedUser594

This one is for you Jewess. I went and fought against an army of steinling + Golem and Orcs. Then I found an identical fight on my Fel world map and fought again using a different set up.
The province army in both cases was
11goi0j.jpg

I had a slight troop size advantage so it's not going to be the same situation you're in- I would negotiate this fight if heavily out gunned in troop size.

The first link is using the Axe and Cerb and includes the scouting portion to show a bit of the how and why you scout. Both fights have some mistakes made during the battle- it's not a perfect fight- it was meant to show more general concepts like troop placement, using terrain, troop choice etc...

The other ones I believe you can see the others from there if interested.

DeletedUser3312

This one is for you Jewess.

Thank you so much Varron. I am going to give it a try. and I am naming my opponents "crazy cross tier traders" as I am so frustrated with the dang trades on my trade wall today. Going to go practice as soon as my scout clears a province.

DeletedUser3575

@Jewess I find myself running into impossible battles every couple weeks. I take some time to build up more troops, and by the time I'm ready to fight again, I've hit another squad size research or two and it seems to make a big difference. I just got my most recent squad size activated, and suddenly 20 encounters I couldn't win for anything were a total breeze. The game is turning into such a waiting game, but at least SOME of the waits pay off...

DeletedUser3312

. I just got my most recent squad size activated, and suddenly 20 encounters I couldn't win for anything were a total breeze.

I am in chapter 5 and just finished squad size 12. I have 5 armories at level 14 and my barracks is level 15. By the end of this chapter my squad size will be level 15. I still haven't won a battle, smiles, but I did kill 3 of the opponents before my last guy bought it. so think I will wait to the level 15 and try again.