• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Will we see linked buildings available again?

Smooper

I think I am going to break down and remove my Dwarven Citadel. I put it out minus one piece but have never seen it again. I have an Ancient Promise set that isn't complete in storage also. Does anyone know if pieces are ever available for these or should I frag them?

Glandeh

I think I am going to break down and remove my Dwarven Citadel. I put it out minus one piece but have never seen it again. I have an Ancient Promise set that isn't complete in storage also. Does anyone know if pieces are ever available for these or should I frag them?
It's possible that we can win or buy a tome that can provide a missing piece. I got an extra piece for the sorcerers set that way.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I haven’t seen them come up again after the following FA, although it is certainly possible they will turn up in sales or future Tomes. However, the Dwarven Citadel is an excellent use of space; why would you want to remove it? :oops:

Smooper

I haven’t seen them come up again after the following FA, although it is certainly possible they will turn up in sales or future Tomes. However, the Dwarven Citadel is an excellent use of space; why would you want to remove it? :oops:
It is missing a piece and I am running out of space so it doesn't give me the full benefit.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
It is missing a piece and I am running out of space so it doesn't give me the full benefit.
None of the pieces except the Moon Vendor require more than 3 connections and there are 7 buildings in the set. If you’re only missing one piece, it should be quite possible to get full connections on everything still, with the possible exception of the Moon Vendor. Its last production is only a Vitality Surge, so you wouldn’t be missing anything spectacular.

Glandeh

None of the pieces except the Moon Vendor require more than 3 connections and there are 7 buildings in the set. If you’re only missing one piece, it should be quite possible to get full connections on everything still, with the possible exception of the Moon Vendor. Its last production is only a Vitality Surge, so you wouldn’t be missing anything spectacular.
I do like my free vitality surges. Never craft them, but built a nice stock by now. Very useful if the tides of battle turn against you, but only if you fight (at least a bit). Useless for catering cities, but I would not recommend the Dwarven citadel to them.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Yes, Vitality Surges can certainly be useful. :) It just seemed to me like an extra little bonus, not the main reason anyone would have the set, the way I hear some people talk about keeping entire sets for a CC or KP production (not that that’s ever made sense to me either, haha!). That could be because I’m not a fighter, though. It would depend on which pieces Smooper has; they may be able to get all the full connections anyway.
Useless for catering cities, but I would not recommend the Dwarven citadel to them.
Why not? I run a catering city and I consider the Citadel a very important part of that. It produces a generous amount of free Sentient Goods which saves me a ton of space, plus a lot of Orcs; both very important for high-level catering.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
I don't get attached to many event buildings. They keep coming and especially when we keep progressing through chapters it's hard to keep upgrading them. I'd only hold on to the outstanding, must-have ones, the rest can be replaced by new event buildings or by standard buildings. In different stages of the game we need different things so it's more about flexibility and always using the space for things that we currently need.