• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wonder Society Badge to Building Conversion

Zoof

Details: To provide an award of some number of a new building(s) at the end of a Fellowship Adventure based on an excessive amount of leftover badges.

Some badges are spent like water. Others are collected and piled up like a dragon's hoard cough cough wonder society badge cough cough so perhaps instead of making the poor dragon sad that their hoard disperses like a fart on a breeze, reward players for their stupendous collection of badges they'll never spend by providing somewhat thematically-appropriate expiring boost buildings.

Or not-so-thematically appropriate. They're badges. When you collect over a thousand of the suckers, you might as well get some gather 'em up and glue them together to get gambesons and greaves, generating some global HP gains for your glorious troops. Perhaps 5% increase and only allowing one to be placed at a time since you can't exactly wear two suits of armor at the same time and expect twice the benefit. None of this is magic, after all. Just a (mis)use of Dwarven Engineering™ and Fae Embroidery™.

Benefits/Pros: Make the players feel good that their horrifyingly unbalanced pile of badges don't go completely to waste, and do so in a humorous manner. Because seriously. You could use that stuff like a legitimate ablative shield at the volumes they're collected at.

Downsides/Cons: Some people might complain because their sense of humor died due to natural causes, which would be a shame because the amount of effort in creating a new building in response to something that needs to be kept track of (FA badges) might be nontrivial and go totally unappreciated. Bad feelings all around. Possible workarounds would include telling us to get over it and perhaps suggest a hot cocoa or a bar of dark chocolate to make our inner dragon feel less bad about their suddenly disappearing hoard of badges.

Miscellaneous: Totally not a serious idea. I simply find this funny, and I hope y'all do too.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Lol, I like it!

I don't see why the "pit" can't be a "PIT" ... where everything gets thrown in and badges are given a point value to add to your total. That would draw interest in the pit, because then everyone can just keep churning out whatever they want and help the team in the way they chose, not be stuck at certain points because they don't have arcanes or blacksmiths and just get tired and give up even trying. I think it would add a whole new interest to the FA. Right now, the PIT IS THE PITS!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
You should get tickets dispensed at the end of the Pit, like a really long CVS receipt, relative to how many badges you dumped. Then you can cash them in for things like ring pops, plastic tchotchkes, sippy cups, etc...you know, all the things that'll probably end up in the Mystery Object chest next.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I like Darielle's idea of just awarding points per badge. Maybe scaled to how hard it is to create some badges verses others. By the end of this I'll probably have a couple hundred Guard badges I can't use. If they gave a point for each that would help... or maybe have "5 Arcane Residue or 10 Guard Badges" in place of 5 Arcane Residue requirement. Each need might have two choices, scaled to production cost/difficulty.

It's a sound idea and maybe somebody (Darielle?) should write it up.

Just a thought.

AJ

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I like Darielle's idea of just awarding points per badge. Maybe scaled to how hard it is to create some badges verses others. By the end of this I'll probably have a couple hundred Guard badges I can't use. If they gave a point for each that would help... or maybe have "5 Arcane Residue or 10 Guard Badges" in place of 5 Arcane Residue requirement. Each need might have two choices, scaled to production cost/difficulty.

It's a sound idea and maybe somebody (Darielle?) should write it up.

Just a thought.

AJ
Thanks, AJ. I'm not sure, but I think I have asked for that in the past. I'll have to go through the suggestions thread to see.