• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wonders

DeletedUser3297

When you sell it, you get back unused runes that you can try to shatter. You don't get back the 9 since they completed a circle already. The game you play with this is hoping that the fewest runes possible lock into the circle and the most runes shatter on the inserted ones. That way you can start forging runes for the wonders you want.

DeletedUser3613

none of my runes went anywhere not even back to the ToS
You only lose the runes that you actually used to build the AW. Any runes awarded subsequently (ie. after the AW has been built) simply get stock-piled. When you sell an AW, the stock-piled runes will then be available to re-build that same AW.
My point was that during that re-build, a fair number of those stock-piled runes will likely shatter, and those shards - once you have 10 - can be used to fill a wheel space on some other AW that you are also constructing and that you actually want. So, if you have the space then it might be worth building it purely so you can knock it down and use the re-building process - with the stock-piled runes - to assist with the construction of a different AW. Obviously, if you don't have any other AWs that you're trying to build then there's no point.

Edit : Kaylee beat me to reply!

DeletedUser3312

Thanks for the clarification! That totally makes sense. smiles. I rebuilt mine with diamonds and my wonderful fellowship helped me upgrade it. So all is good in my world. Right now I am only going to have that one AW. Saving all the space I have for Dwarves. lol...

Thistleknot

In Forge of Empires (another game by Innogame), there are similar wonders that give Knowledge Points. By level 15, that wonder is producing 6 to 8 KP per day. If the Tome of Secrets did this, it would be more worthwhile. Personally I still like the extra KP even if it's not much.

And Bobbykitty, I have posted my dissertation on Wonders to the link that you suggested.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
In Forge of Empires (another game by Innogame), there are similar wonders that give Knowledge Points. By level 15, that wonder is producing 6 to 8 KP per day. If the Tome of Secrets did this, it would be more worthwhile. Personally I still like the extra KP even if it's not much.

And Bobbykitty, I have posted my dissertation on Wonders to the link that you suggested.

To get the ToS to level 15 so that it produces 3 per day would cost thousands of KP, taking years to break even.
In FoE are KP worth about the same? That is does it cost a similar amount of KP to research a tech?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I think a lot of people look at tome of secrets differently to the other wonders as no other wonder returns KP. So people are solely judging its value based on KP in/out. All other wonders are viewed based on their merits of what benefits they provide.

With the tome the supplies are nice but limited based on how far into the game you are as long scouting times means this benefit has diminishing returns.

I suspect the KP benefit is the main part of this wonder. One way to look at is it gives you 300+KP a year more then someone else. Or a 4, 8 or 12.5% increase in KP production. Whether that is worth a 4x4 space in your town is up to you.

DeletedUser3312

The ToS is a total waste. The only thing is.. it is a cool looking building. but 1 kp a day? really??? and then you have to spend at least 100 more kp to upgrade it to give may 2 a day? sigh.... that AW was not given a great deal of though other than design. Maybe they hoped that we would be so delighted with the looks of it we wouldn't care if it provided any game benefit smiles. I tore mine down and it will stay torn down. grins. no matter that is delightfully cool to look at.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
.....it gives you 300+KP a year more then someone else. Or a 4, 8 or 12.5% increase in KP production. Whether that is worth a 4x4 space in your town is up to you......

-If you upgrade it 2x in that year you almost break even, losing a 4x4 space all year though.

-to get that "8% increase in daily KP"n costs 888 KP, and even if you did that instantly it's more than 2 years to break even (still losing that 4x4 space)

-for a "12.5% increase in daily KP" (3 KP per day) costs 2,688 KP which at +3 per day takes 2 and a half years to break even.

Going up from level 11 to level 15 gives you ZERO extra KP, and a pathetic extra 3,000 supplies per scout. for the lovely cost of just 2,500 more KP

If the ToS gave 3/6/9 it'd be worth building...almost

DeletedUser3312

Hope this helps and enjoy building your city.

This is really wonderful information! I shared it with my fellowship and gave you total credit for it! I joined a very young (new players) FS when I began a new world so I could be an elf. smiles.... and the question was just posted..... what is a rune and how do I get them. smiles. perfect timing thistleknot!!!

DeletedUser1590

Once an AW gets to level 5 and 10 you must complete the rune ring again. So if they stopped giving you the runes you'd never level the AW past lvl 5. There is no AW that is game breaking or a must have. Choose which ones you want based on your goals and just have some fun :)

Your reasoning is pretty much why I suggested the Rune Recycler a couple of weeks ago. To let me choose what I want to build, I need to have the runes I need to build those structures. There is absolutely no way on God's green Earth that I will ever advance my Tome of Secrets a single level, let alone to a level I'll need more T of S runes again. So, either let me grind up into shards the ones I no longer need, or give me the option to stop receiving runes for AWs I've already built.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
as a silly wonder of mine do you at anytime get a 2 kp per day level on the tomb of secrets?

I saw this 3kp a day is at level 11+ https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Secret_Ancient_Wonders#Golden_Abyss

yes at level 6. Every 5 levels it gains an extra KP per day up to a max of 4KP. I have one currently earning 2KP a day and really quite enjoy it. I look at in terms of reward over a longer period of time, if I manage to get 300 days collection in a year that is 600KP more I got which is an awful lot of technologies or levels on wonders

DeletedUser3390

I have read through a lot of the discussions on wonders and opinions vary about what is good and what is bad. None of them really give you an idea of what may be useful for your style of play. I hope that I can give a general idea of the usefulness of the different wonders without too much bias. There are several discussions about the cost of having a wonder. There are always trade offs and costs associated with having a wonder, but that is part of deciding how to play the game. Also keep in mind that the wonders are level dependent; they are more powerful at higher levels. My analysis does not go into the usefulness at higher levels, merely a synopsis at various stages of the game. I have defined the following stages: Early Game (Ages 1 to 3), Mid Game (Ages 4 to 6), and Late Game (Ages 7 and 8). Everything is based on the current version of the game as of 9/16/16. In other words, things will change after all of this is typed in.

Age 2 Wonders
Tome of Secrets (4x4) - KP/day and Supplies for Scouting
Early - extra KP is useful, bonus supplies easily available due to quick explorations
Mid - extra KP is useful, bonus supplies are at average to slow availability due to longer explorations
Late - extra KP is useful, bonus supplies are only available once every couple of days.
Note: This only gives 3 KP per day once you reach level 11

Golden Abyss (3x3) - coin/3 hours and extra population
Early - extra coin needed, extra population needed
Mid - extra coin useful, extra population needed
Late - coin is not needed as much, but can be useful at the wholesaler; extra population needed
Note: Best population/square at level 15 (about 288 people per square)

Age 3 Wonders
Endless Excavation (5x4) Extra relics/province conquered and supplies/24 hours
Early - extra relics easily available due to quick explorations, potentially useful for boosted goods, spell creations, and wonder upgrades; supplies much needed
Mid - extra relics are at average to slow availability due to longer explorations, potentially useful for boosted goods, spell creations, and wonder upgrades; supplies much needed
Late - extra relics are only available once every couple of days, , potentially useful for boosted goods, spell creations, and wonder upgrades; supplies much needed but are slow to get

Needles of the Tempest (3x5) Attack boost for Light Ranged Units and training speed increase
Early - Heavy ranged units just researched, light ranged units reliable; training speed increase useful
Mid - Heavy ranged units are more available, light ranged units are still viable; training speed increase useful
Late - Heavy ranged units are used in majority, light ranged units might be useful if the Needles is at level 15; training speed increase useful

Age 4 Wonders
Martial Monastery (5x5)/Sanctuary (5x5) % health increase for troos and extra culture
Mid - Needed for any combat; extra culture always useful
Late - Needed for any combat; extra culture always useful

Crystal Lighthouse (6x4)/Great Bell Spire (4x6) Boosted Goods for Neighborly Aid Given and % Increase of time for Neighborly Aid Received
Mid - Extra goods useful, dependent upon having neighbors to help and get help from; Longer cultural bonus is useful
Late - Extra goods useful, dependent upon having neighbors to help and get help from, not a lot a bonus goods for once per day; Longer cultural bonus is useful

Age 5 Wonders
Watchtower Ruins (4x5) % Culture bonus on Neighborly Aid received and Extra culture
Mid - Bonus culture useful; extra culture needed
Late - Bonus culture useful; extra culture needed

Thrones of High Men (4x6) Bonus ranking points
Note: This wonder should only be built if ranking is important to you
Mid - Dependent on having multiple wonders, preferably at high levels
Late - Dependent on having multiple wonders, preferably at high levels

Age 6 Wonders
Dwarven Bulwark (7x4) Extra Light Melee Units/3 hours and Increased training size
Mid - Extra free Light Melee Units are useful; increase in training size useful if you are producing troops
Late - Extra free Light Melee Units are useful, but Light Melee Units may not be used as often; increase in training size useful if you are producing troops

Mountain Halls (3x8) Relic boost and Extra Population
Mid - Relic boost is useful; Extra population is needed
Late - Relic boost is useful; Extra population is needed

Age 7 Wonders
Prosperity Tower (5x4) Spell of Provision duration increase and Supplies/3 hours
Late - Spell duration increase is useful; Supplies are needed

Blooming Trader Guild (3x7) Trader's fee decrease, Wholesaler trade value increase, and Portal production boost
Late - Trader's fee decrease is useful even if you are in a fellowship; wholesaler trade value increase is useful for coin/supply overflow; Portal production boost is extremely nice, but currently has a limited use

Age 8 Wonders
Heroes' Forge (5x5) Orcs/24 hours and Strength increase for Heavy Melee Units
Late - Because of the necessity of orcs, free orcs even once per day is useful; Strength increase for Heavy Melee Units is necessary for combat

Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms (5x4) Light Ranged Units/3 hours and Training size increase
Late - Extra free Light Ranged Units is useful but Light Ranged Units may not be utilized as much, Potentially more useful in conjunction with the Needles of the Tempest; Training size increase is useful.

Hope this helps and enjoy building your city.
What do you mean by "age"? Are you referring to chapters?

ChiefObie

Mountain Halls increases production with a 10% "relic boost." If I'm already at 700% boost, will the Mountain Halls add to that, or is 700% the limit period?