• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Quests Wonky Walters

Mighty Peach

Funky building with a unique design. I think it should be leveled to the chapter we complete the quest on. Instead of automatically being tied to chapter I. Almost nobody is going to bother pumping RRs into it.

Untitled.jpg

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
That has to be a mistake. Either it's in the chapter we're in or it's just a building with no changes, so you can't add rrs to it. At least that's what I assume, since it would be crazy for them to put it at chapter one. Are you saying it's different?

Mighty Peach

Either it's in the chapter we're in or it's just a building with no changes, so you can't add rrs to it.

You can definitely pump RRs into it. As @Lady Dastardly mentioned, it used to be an event building and now it's a low level quest reward. I've just noticed now that in two cities, it's always rewarded as a chapter I building regardless of the chapter I am in upon quest completion.

Untitled.jpg

Pheryll

Set Designer
You can definitely pump RRs into it. As @Lady Dastardly mentioned, it used to be an event building and now it's a low level quest reward. I've just noticed now that in two cities, it's always rewarded as a chapter I building regardless of the chapter I am in upon quest completion.
Note also that many of the premium buildings awarded for chapter quest completion are a chapter or more behind the current.

JackofShadows

Can confirm that the WW building is CH1 when you get it. I was mid-chapter II.

Shortly after you get the WW building, you can get another quest from Walt that rewards you with 12 RRs. Walt suggests you upgrade the building to CH II, but this is not required.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Okay, that's a whole lot different than the original event, which gave it to you at your own chapter level. Sounds like Inno is playing around with new players and the quest line. I never had anything like that in either of my ids, but new players, yeah, I can see them having a different experience.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
No I played a mini event for my Walters in Septemer 2016. I seem to recall waiting a couple of days to claim it so I could advance to a new chapter. My map brother and I tested this aspect of the game, back then.

I have Walters from more recently, as an FA reward. No, mine were  never chapter 1. Sorry I cannot help with this, perhaps ask one of the staff.

Lady Dastardly

Can confirm that the WW building is CH1 when you get it. I was mid-chapter II.

Shortly after you get the WW building, you can get another quest from Walt that rewards you with 12 RRs. Walt suggests you upgrade the building to CH II, but this is not required.
Ah ha! I vaguely remembered there being something like that in the questline, but it's been too long and didn't want to mention it since I wasn't sure. I suppose it makes sense as a way to teach new players what royal restorations do, but it does run counter to how other building rewards work, so that's rather confusing.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
WW has been given out three times in the game. First time way back in 2016 as the main prize in a mini-event, second time as an FA award a years or two ago, and third as a reward for one of the new quests in the early chapters that goes with the new tech tree and all the changes to chapters 1-5. When I got the first two, my city was in chapter 3 and 19, respectively, and when I got the 3rd one, it was in my Beta city that I used to test the tech and quest changes. It has been long enough since then that I do not remember which chapter those quests were in or what level the WW building was when it was awarded, but both were definitely in the first 5 chapters.

Glandeh

WW has been given out three times in the game. First time way back in 2016 as the main prize in a mini-event, second time as an FA award a years or two ago, and third as a reward for one of the new quests in the early chapters that goes with the new tech tree and all the changes to chapters 1-5. When I got the first two, my city was in chapter 3 and 19, respectively, and when I got the 3rd one, it was in my Beta city that I used to test the tech and quest changes. It has been long enough since then that I do not remember which chapter those quests were in or what level the WW building was when it was awarded, but both were definitely in the first 5 chapters.
Was the second time a FA? I remember a mini event between one and two years ago that gave me a WW as main prize. That was on the US server W world.

If I got a chapter 1 version in chapter 2, I would keep it in storage and frag it after upgrading my MA. It's big enough to give some nice frags and those early chapters don't last long enough to use precious RRs on a culture building. It's not even purple (which is supposed to indicate legendary status).

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yeah maybe it was a Craftsman Challenge.

Edit: Okay, found comments about it from last year in the New From Beta thread and yes, it was a prize in the last Workshop Challenge. There is no info in the Announcements subforum for it because those were never announced in advance.

Last edited:

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
It's not even purple (which is supposed to indicate legendary status).
The buildings are not color coded.
Elvenar_2023-09-21-15-51-26.jpg
It is purple because it has been helped by a neighbor not because it is a great building.
Elvenar_2023-09-21-15-51-50.jpg

Same building without help.

Last edited: