• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Woodelvenstock rip off

LordRezal

I was excited for this event. Although I was too little to attend the original woodstock I have fond memories of that time. What happens quite often with me and these events is, I am disabled. Sometimes I miss days at a time playing and once you get behind in these events, you can almost never catch up and finish.

To insure that I was able to finish, I bought diamonds to help. Using some of the diamonds to help with long production times. SO I finished over a week early. Much to my dismay, it is the day before the event ends and I am not going to obtain the third grand prize. I spent gobs of time and about 400-500 diamonds in making sure I completed this event. Thinking I did something wrong I asked around. Turns out 7 of the 8 people I asked, finished the 100 tasks, and they also will not be able to obtain the 3rd grand prize. Fortunately for them they did not WASTE hard earned diamonds to finish.

I think there needs to be a warning at the start and maybe throughout the event stating. "Completing all tasks and the use of diamonds does not guarantee you will win all the prizes. Additional purchase of (goo or whatever) may be required for you to do so". I feel totally violated.

As a paying customer I am not satisfied with the product. I would love to have all the time back I wasted. More importantly I would love to be able to give back the pieces I won and get my diamonds back. I am on a fixed income and would rather have used the diamonds for something else. But of course like anything else in Elvenar world, support can do nothing to help.

So my suggestion is a warning that these events are designed for you to spend money. My second suggestion is the Inno pay more attention to customer service and satisfaction.

CanDaMan

Their ONLY goal is to get you to buy diamonds, you have to keep that thought in the back of your mind while playing this. Events - to give you more buildings, wasting space, and hoping . . (wait for it) . . . that you buy expansions. When I get buildings from an event, I sell the last event buildings, and use the space for the new ones. The challenge for me is to stay competitive, while never buying diamonds. Look at my picture (throwing it back at The Man).

Gath Of Baal

You can win the 3rd grand prize without spending a single diamond or $$ but certain things have to be decided before you start spending your tickets on several different daily event prizes... If you spend tickets every day to win that days prize, you most likely will not get all 3 of the grand prizes... If you save all your tickets and use them on Double points days you can win all 3 grand prizes..

By spending tickets daily , you most likely will end up with a few daily prizes that you like but maybe only get the 2nd grand prize, which is fine as long as you are happy with all the prizes you did win... This method is what I did..

By saving your tickets for double points days, you can get the 3rd grand prize but you miss out on a lot of the other cool, useful event buildings that were offered as daily prizes.. This is ok also as long as you are happy with the outcome

A few other things that factor into it.. Choosing boxes that have a chance of extra tickets as the prize also helps, especially if you do manage to win the bonus 150 tickets a few times.. Also how many times you log onto the game a day and collect the tickets that spawn around your city is another factor, because they do add up over the course of the event

You have a lot better chance now of winning the 3rd grand prize without spending a diamond or $$ then players had a year ago when there was no double points days, and it was 100% chest prize luck if you got the bonus tickets or not that was the determining factor..

With using diamonds or $$ on the events, it all comes down to how you spend them.. If you are using the diamonds to finish tasks then basically you are gaining no extra progress towards the 3rd prize whatsoever, since all you are doing is just completing the tasks faster or depending, maybe just as fast as a free player who planned out a lot of tasks in advance .. in the end both the free player and the diamond or $$ spender still end up with the same amount of tickets because there is a set number of tickets available from doing the tasks...

Now if you are using your diamonds or $$ to buy tickets then that's a different story, but it still comes down to things like how many times a day are you attempting to win that days prize and what point value boxes are you choosing to open for those prizes.

This post will not help you this event but maybe it can in future events, anyways good luck with future events and happy gaming :)

DeletedUser12171

Long story short: if you don't spend any money, realistically there are two options

1. Use double days to get grand prizes
2. Go for daily prizes but forgo the grand prizes

If you are willing to spend money, then it depends how much are you willing to spend. If your main goal is grand prizes, you'll still want to focus on double days and be very particular about which daily prizes you're going after. If you have an unlimited spend, then congratulations, you can get pretty much anything you like

DeletedUser12171

For your reference, I completed 100 quests got 2 mosh pits, 1 dancing ground and all 3 grand prizes by Day 19 with about 1k tickets remaining after that. There are lists of "best chests" to go for posted elsewhere on these boards if you care to look for them

HJK84

Without sounding too harsh, I'll say this.

Elvenar is a game, it's meant for people to play and have fun!

Although, if you want to "WIN" in Elvenar, as in most other games, you need to play, wait for it........ "smart" ;)

There's ample information on these forums to help anyone get to their goals. As mentioned by @RandomNo.

Good luck! :)

bkbajb

I went into this event with a different thought process. I did not want the grand prizes. Just the ancient KP. Both of my cities finish 8 days early and I completed all 3 prizes. I spent, oh where is my calculator?? Oh ya, nothing and enjoyed it. As someone commented. This is a game and you have to play smart. I will not get into the fixed income and spending money on a game, that is your business. Good luck and I hope you fine that perfect free game out there, somewhere.