• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Woohoo! New battle section!

DeletedUser43

Sweet!!! We have needed this for sooooo long! Thanks for doing all of that!!

DeletedUser1989

This may not be much of a help for battle tips but the new combat system turned me on to negotiation as a tactic to beat provinces
After several unsuccessful attempt to win even a single provincial site using the new combat I gave up. Sold off my armories and vowed that if the game was not still satisfying for me i would leave

Now this happened as was as I was about to enter the Dwarven levels and needed 8 provinces to get the 100 required and advance
I won them in 3 days. In the combat venue old school this would have take me 10 days minimum and more likely 15
Not sure how this compares to others but that is how i was playing

Boosted goods production which is recommended works so well for the negotiation
I now regularly get 5 sites in a province easily before i have to consider trading for more goods. then a few trades and I am finished

I am just casually working the provinces right now. I have 2 expansions pending and I am not placing them as i need to fill my current space with new goods manufactories

I truly miss the strategy involved in the combat side
But i am growing far quicker this way and try not to reminisce about the good old days

DeletedUser3468

I truly miss the strategy involved in the combat side

When you think about it though, there is strategy to being successful (really successful) going the negotiation route too... There can be an element of wheeling/dealing when doing trades; seeing something you know you can easily move but don't really need, picking it up and trading it on for something you do need. It's just a different type of strategy and can also be very satisfying... plus helping out people with the trades they need. ;)

DeletedUser1989

"Sheianna, post: 30604, member: 3468"]When you think about it though, there is strategy to being successful (really successful) going the negotiation route too...

Agreed, but it was already part of the game for me although I was not playing it this heavily.
Still a loss of one aspect of the game for me.

I see so many others struggling with it including in my fellowships and wonder when their frustration leads to them leaving. I wonder if the designers are even tracking that- or even can given there is no direct "I quit" button. Maybe seeing my option will keep them around

DeletedUser3468

Agreed, but it was already part of the game for me although I was not playing it this heavily.
Still a loss of one aspect of the game for me.

Very true, especially if you'd already been doing the strategic trading! Sad to lose an aspect that you enjoy. I feel much the same way in my one human town which was the only one where I was fighting from the first moment I had troops to fight with. I've had to give that up as a waste of resources now. I do hope the devs will eventually realize that by making fights all but impossible to win, they haven't done anything to improve the game or to convince people to stick around. They have, in fact, done the exact opposite.

DeletedUser1989

It gets worse or more comical depending how you look at it
Now they are giving incentives for non-combat

My barracks which I cannot sell off I stuffed in a corner of my city out of the way with the little red circle above it showing it was not connected to the pathway network

A side quest came up asking to connect the roads. I made 10,000 coin for moving my barracks

Needless to say it is back where it was awaiting my next 10,000 non combatant bonus.
Not well thought through is all I can say

DeletedUser3468

A side quest came up asking to connect the roads. I made 10,000 coin for moving my barracks

Not just for barracks... I got the same one because I'd moved one of my "hovels" (level 3 house that I just need for a quick population boost) to an area not connected by roads. I didn't need the piddly amount of coins it brought in for "taxes" and didn't have any place to move it where it could connect so I had to turn down the easy money from the quest! *sigh* :( :p