• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

world map coins

DeletedUser

when i visit my world map i have 10 places that have a coin symbol over it and im not able to visit it anymore. what is the reason? im only receiving half of the coins i would if i could visit it

DeletedUser2191

This is a feature implemented nearly 2 months ago. When the game purges/ removes cities which are dead/idle for more than 30 days, they replace it with a gold mine. (the coin symbol you see, also not able to actually visit the city)

Once a new player or a player from another world starts playing on your world, they will replace that gold mine with their city. It's not an ideal solution to dead cities, but it is better than not receiving any coins at all. A gold mine gives you 50% of the value that a normal neighbourly visit would in coins. (ex/ if you would normally get 200 coins from a visit, a gold mine will only give 100 coins).

DeletedUser3116

exasperation!!! you see a name on the map so you decide to spend the coins (up there as you get farther away) to scout toward the name, and once you have scouted and go back to it, it is a goldmine. AHHHHHH!

DeletedUser3575

Eventually new cities will replace those goldmines, and you'll always need provinces scouted for later expansions/relics/runes/etc, so I wouldn't write it off as a waste quite yet! I've never seen a goldmine last longer than a day or two in my area on Felyndral, though I know other players (especially on map edges) haven't been so lucky...

Mykan

Oh Wise One
There are also plans to add to this solution that will help people to be in active neighborhoods. The beta will be see how this works within the week.

DeletedUser3312

Eventually new cities will replace those goldmines, and you'll always need provinces scouted for later expansions/relics/runes/etc, so I wouldn't write it off as a waste quite yet! I've never seen a goldmine last longer than a day or two in my area on Felyndral, though I know other players (especially on map edges) haven't been so lucky...

I am on Wynandor and my gold mines are popping up all over and stay there forever. I am not on the edges of the city map. It is very frustrating as I have 3 people that I can trade with and that visit me. Out of 115 provinces there are about 11 cities. several of them are dead.

Piper870

I have the same issue... Out of 170 provinces in my Arendyll city there are 25 cities on my map. 19 of them are inactive and 6 actively trade and/or visit. I have 89 old mines available... I may be off by a couple :) I would love to be in a more active neighborhood!

DeletedUser3312

I will definitely move Mykan if people are either not placed close by or move in within a week.