• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

World map question

Kekune

There are a limited number of symbols and colors, so there's inevitable overlap in the banners.

I have two neighbors - who aren't in the same group as each other - who have the same colors and symbol as my fellowship. The flag shape is the only difference.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I barely made it through Finite Math) that another Fellowship has a black, ragged edge banner with a white griffin on it. Slim but possible.
Statistically, 1 in 10,000. But a single difference drops that to 1 in 1000.

In any event, there is substantial overlap in the colour combinations, and symbols that are most attractive to human beings, especially who share a cultural background. Some colour combinations look dreadful to people of various backgrounds. Add to that visitors to your city might well decide your banner looks great and borrow it. Black and white is a stark contrast which is probably over-represented for the 100 theoretical options, especially if there are pirate fans about.

Aargh matey!

DeletedUser5371

technically white is the presence of all colors and black the absence of all colors

hvariidh gwendrot

subtractive the base is white and colors come from the white light, but it's still called a neutral the 2 are still part of the 10 choices so the math does stay the same