• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

World "Viewer"

• Thread starter DeletedUser6335
  • Start date

DeletedUser6335

Since we (the players) know of some cities that are on our World Map but "vacant", sometimes because they were created for the sole purpose of "watching the world for scores and information" by other players, and this is something that hurts neighborhood help; could you possibly add a way for those 'Phantom Cities' to be made in an area far off to the side or made but not actually placed on the maps? Those who gather data could do so without actually existing in the world as far as having to (or be there to *not* ) interact with players who need those neighboring cities help.
You could offer the option at creation to be a World Participant or a World Watcher/Viewer (with brief description to explain for new folks).
I don't know if this is possible or not - I'm just trying to think up any ways I can to see that inactive, dead/Abandoned cities are moved off of the playing field so as not to interfere with a game designed for Neighbors and their help.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'd like this. I've personally wanted to check out tournament rankings etc a few times but couldn't be bothered going through 5 minutes of tutorial just to make my own ghost town.

But how many of these cities are there? Winyandor has over 40,000 cities with under 8 minutes of play time, and I'd estimate another 10-30K cities that haven't been played in over 100 days.but are protected from deletion by level 4+ buildings, chapter 4+ or 200 purchased diamonds.

I don't think the (dozens?) of cities made for viewing ranks or gathering info are having much impact compared to those.

DeletedUser6335

I guess it depends on if you only have 1 or 2 as a neighbor or are surrounded by them...lols. As I said, I'm trying to think of ways to get some action from INNO on moving the dead/abandoned cities -and think of ways to limit having more - since moving them seems to be much more difficult than one would think...

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I guess it depends on if you only have 1 or 2 as a neighbor or are surrounded by them...lols. As I said, I'm trying to think of ways to get some action from INNO on moving the dead/abandoned cities -and think of ways to limit having more - since moving them seems to be much more difficult than one would think...
The insane part of the problem is the quote from support:

"After 30 days of not logging in a city is flagged as inactive(if it doesn't qualify for protected status), but even deleting inactives once a week, there are so many that it may take several months for a flagged city to be deleted"

It just makes no sense to me. Why can't every single flagged city be deleted in a few minutes, or an hour, or whatever? If they can nuke 1,000 during a 5 minute server maintenance, why not have a 1h server maintenance?

DeletedUser6335

I know, right @SoggyShorts ! It seems to me that they should change what "markers" they use; look at actual *cities* not the Account as a whole, use "protected status" to place those under it in one area different from those dead/abandoned that exist. I mean players can look at the Ranking pages and see just how many cities on a given world haven't moved in *months* much less being able to tell about immediate area neighbors.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the game was set up to have neighbors helping (not just Fellowship), so INNO really needs to step up and move those inactive cities off the world from where active players are. I mean, we're not asking for them to delete cities (though I have seen some that pretty much are "asking for it" with what they've changed their city names to), we just want them moved out to the far edges where the active players don't have to encounter them.

I'd gladly go for having an icon I can use to mark and/or report those dead/abandoned cities I encounter if it would help INNO move them faster...I'd settle for a way to mark those cities for myself so I don't have to try to visit them to no avail. /shrug.

All of that aside, I still think a "World Viewer" account would be cool in that it would allow for those of you who compile and use the information from each world to help make the game better (or at least offer those of us who aren't good at it the helpful information you glean from it).