• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forum Yea or Nea for Forum vs Discord

Opinion Poll-Is Forum or Discord more preferred by game players?

• We need the Forum!! We only want the Forum!! (please not Discord)

Votes: 19 100.0%
  • Yes, Let's go Discord!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thedarkboo

there needs to be a third option, "both suck" because if it's not in-game, it's hard getting people to use it.

OR... to be fair.. make it super super super easy to get people into the forums.. not having unique passwords, or separated servers (us/eu).
Basically you should be able to get to the forums by clicking a single link in the game, otherwise people just won't bother.
and of course.. forums that are phone/tablet friendly.

for the record, i'm also a web developer.. and i understand how companies either don't have the resources, or the desire to create something from scratch, and would prefer to use a 3rd party option, but it's very clear that players just hate leaving the game to do any kind of interaction. I mean facebook is about as easy as it gets for boomers, and i still can't get everyone in the fellowship to get on facebook pages. Having them join discord, or these forums or anything that is not in the game just isn't' something they're interested in.

Last edited:

quin629

@thedarkboo : the current forums do not require an account or a password or a membership to read. The stats show there are generally far more people visiting & reading the forums than there are active members online at any one time. While there is a lot of conversation on the forums, there is also a lot of information. People with questions can find prior answers without ever posting. That seems to be appealing to many FS members. Discord does not afford that option: you must have a Discord account even if you only want to go read official Inno announcements.

Lady Chessa

I'll be very sad if the forum is ever closed. I learned so much from the forum. I took one look at the discord popup and I know that it's not for me. I don't like what others are saying about discord and how hard it is to set up an account and also how very intrusive discord is, asking for way too much personal information.

YarL

It reminds me of the issue of web-based vs. app. Both options have been good for the game.

i would argue that the cost of the forums is probable much smaller than the loss of revenue from unhappy players. Maybe just have one forum with different sections for the servers if money is that tight. Shutting down the forums seems unwise, petty, cheap, and mean. Getting rid of the forums makes me think about spending less because of reduced support.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
It reminds me of the issue of web-based vs. app. Both options have been good for the game.

i would argue that the cost of the forums is probable much smaller than the loss of revenue from unhappy players. Maybe just have one forum with different sections for the servers if money is that tight. Shutting down the forums seems unwise, petty, cheap, and mean. Getting rid of the forums makes me think about spending less because of reduced support.
This was almost the same thing I was thinking. Just have one forum. The only issue someone did comment to me was that cities on other servers can and do have same names as cities on others. I'm thinking it could be possible to find a solution like maybe the server attached to people's names maybe? But my suggestion was keep both bc they did not do away with the forums over Instagram, Facebook, or YouTube.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The thing is, if you loose you link to Discord it's a bear getting back in. This has happened twice to me. My system crashed and after a reinstall of the OS I go to discord via the in game button It assumes I am a new user and asks me to pick a name. I use AJQ. I then asks me to reclaim the account. But when I put in all the info it tells me that account isn't available I then notice I'm logged in as somebody I do not know and therefore log out. Trying again lands me in a screen with two little boxes dancing in the middle of the screen.......forever This is the second time. Last time it took 3 days before I got back in.