• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forum Yea or Nea for Forum vs Discord

Opinion Poll-Is Forum or Discord more preferred by game players?

• We need the Forum!! We only want the Forum!! (please not Discord)

Votes: 19 100.0%
  • Yes, Let's go Discord!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mikeledo

"The thing is, if you loose you link to Discord it's a bear getting back in. This has happened twice to me. My system crashed and after a reinstall of the OS I go to discord via the in game button It assumes I am a new user and asks me to pick a name. I use AJQ. I then asks me to reclaim the account. But when I put in all the info it tells me that account isn't available I then notice I'm logged in as somebody I do not know and therefore log out. Trying again lands me in a screen with two little boxes dancing in the middle of the screen.......forever This is the second time. Last time it took 3 days before I got back in."

That happened to me. You must delete your old account and start a new one.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
The thing is, if you loose you link to Discord it's a bear getting back in. This has happened twice to me. My system crashed and after a reinstall of the OS I go to discord via the in game button It assumes I am a new user and asks me to pick a name. I use AJQ. I then asks me to reclaim the account. But when I put in all the info it tells me that account isn't available I then notice I'm logged in as somebody I do not know and therefore log out. Trying again lands me in a screen with two little boxes dancing in the middle of the screen.......forever This is the second time. Last time it took 3 days before I got back in.
My friend cannot get back into discord at all sadly. One day she was in, then later one day she wasn't anymore. She tried to log back in and ran into way too many problems and couldn't figure it out and sadly gave up trying.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I just realized why I come here more than Discord. Here you get feedback when somebody likes or responds to what you say. I've always responded to that. There I get nothing unless somebody makes an extra effort. Don't like that
I've noticed some of this going on in there. A lot of new players that before discord, it was even harder to try to even get an account made on forums to be able to ask a question and not just view it. I gave up for months then later on in year tried again and couldn't, then finally someone told me that I could use actual in game support for Forum help. I thought they were 2 completely different things before as I was very new. So I'm assuming many couldn't actually come here and make their own posts. Now though, yes some issues at first logging in through discord through the game instead of regular to get on their server. Gave me issues I never had with discord before. BUT it is better now. In game links for anything discord take me to wrong place still so I look around myself or just ask in there. Point being of all this is that discord is much easier to create an account and ask a question super quick. So now we do have all the new people able to make posts. Many people. Much more than just the forums. So it is more challenging to keep up maybe? I'm not positive, but feel it plays a part.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
That happened to me. You must delete your old account and start a new one.
I'm not sure if this is what happened to my friend or not or why they can't use discord at all anymore and kicked them out and won't let them log back into their account, but I will let them know about this and try to convince them to try again bc they were in a server we made with another player so we could all stay in contact while my friend decided to take a break from game.

sam767

I use discord for other things. the look and feel here is much better but I understand the desire to use it. I'll start posting my suggestions there.

quin629

Forum, not Discord. The way Discord didn't - couldn't - handle the recent game changes explains why. For nearly 2 weeks everything was crammed into 1 single stream-of-consciousness thread. Over 14K posts and you can't find a darned thing in it. No way to have a meaningful discussion lasting more than 30 seconds about a legitimate idea or concern, because it was immediately lost in all the off-topic fluff and occasional trolling. My sympathies to the mods & CM who have spent the last 2 weeks 24/7 trying to copy/paste out of all that noise all the actual ideas & feedback.

Silver Lady

The multiplicity of reasons to avoid social media is forever increasing and I can’t stress enough how much loathing and abhorrence I have for Discord, X (formerly Twitter), Facebook, Snapchat, et al. I WILL NOT use them, it‘s the FORUM for me please!

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
The multiplicity of reasons to avoid social media is forever increasing and I can’t stress enough how much loathing and abhorrence I have for Discord, X (formerly Twitter), Facebook, Snapchat, et al. I WILL NOT use them, it‘s the FORUM for me please!
Thank goodness it is still here so far. I'm grateful for that and for the ones that still use it and know it's here. I do still feel the need to continue to spread word and let others know it still exists. One of the previous announcements made it really look like it would be gone by the end of last year and not long after is when they took the link to it out of the game. That is when so many people stopped logging in etc. Yes, there is a way to find it somewhere on discord but it is not in a place where many would really know to look to see it I feel. In game it was easily visible and not hard to figure out it was there.

Amanirenas

I am able to get to Forum, log in, and run a successful search before my login to Discord even goes through (and yes, I just rechecked it). Perhaps that is because I don't have the latest technology. I am also one of those who had to create new accounts after Discord crashed and would not allow me to log in under the original account. Regardless, I find the Forum incredibly more versatile. FORUM FOR ME!
I must add that most of my FS members don't care for Discord, either.

JackofShadows

IMHO it's impossible to have real discussions on Discord because Discord doesn't thread worth diddly-squat. It's just a glorified chatroom.

Where Discord shines is the voice channels - the ability to talk to people in real time and coordinate with them. Many MMO players use Discord for this. Elvenar, though, doesn't need instant communication.

Dhurrin

Sadly, I missed the moment I could vote, but FORUM!
I'm not as often on the forum anymore, because it seems to be slowly dying. However, I refuse to use Discord. I tried it for a while a couple of years ago and didn't like it at all. I guess it's fine when you need to voice-chat, but really, Elvenar doesn't need that.
Furthermore, it's a CHAT program. Great for instant communication, but there is no real way of looking back, or looking up something from a while ago. The whole purpose of a forum is exactly that; being able to retrieve information.
So I'm sure that on Discord one will see the same damn topics over and over because it's al but impossible to read back.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Sadly, I missed the moment I could vote, but FORUM!
I'm not as often on the forum anymore, because it seems to be slowly dying. However, I refuse to use Discord. I tried it for a while a couple of years ago and didn't like it at all. I guess it's fine when you need to voice-chat, but really, Elvenar doesn't need that.
Furthermore, it's a CHAT program. Great for instant communication, but there is no real way of looking back, or looking up something from a while ago. The whole purpose of a forum is exactly that; being able to retrieve information.
So I'm sure that on Discord one will see the same damn topics over and over because it's al but impossible to read back.
exactamundo, Dhurrin. I feel the same way.