• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

YOU MUST MOVE! NO EXCEPTIONS.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
If someone wants to stay in a baby chapter, they should be allowed to do so. I have created an ID that is in Chapter 2. I've filled the research bar for the start of chapter 3 but I have not pressed the button to enter the new chapter. That's where I want to stay. Seems to me I should be able to play the events without getting stuck on the very first day with, "spend KP." There is absolutely nothing to spend kp on without entering chapter 3. When I wrote to support and told them that, they just sent me back a reply saying that "Unless you can spend it on ancient wonders, there is nothing else to spend knowledge points on besides research. I hope that helps, blah blah blah." First of all ... UNLESS??? Of COURSE I can't spend it on ancient wonders; I don't have that tech and she should know that. And secondly, why should she "hope that helps me" when nothing she said helped me? All she said in answer to my question about wanting to stay in Chapter two is basically, "NO! YOU MUST MOVE! SO GET OFF YOUR DUFF AND DO IT!" Anyway, that's how it felt to me. :(

Wouldn't it be nice if you could "unfill" research, just to get through a quest? How about a button saying "refresher course" to delete all kp in that research and take it over again? I'd love that and it would help so much with quests. Sure, some people would just go to the easiest one, unfill it, and get that credit for a quest. So what? What would it hurt anything?

How about being allowed to give 1 kp per person every day? 1kp would not be abused ... no one would build up their other IDs with only one kp. And you could give a kp to every one of your neighbors. It could come in handy to them.

Or think of SOMETHING that a new player could spend KP on. Don't make them build up 100s of kp with no place to put them. And don't lock them out of events on the very first day. :( At least in the old days before this STUPID IDIOTIC NEW TECH TREE, this did not happen. Even a raw newbie could gift kp in other people's ancient wonders. :mad:

BrinDarby

All she said in answer to my question about wanting to stay in Chapter two is basically, "NO! YOU MUST MOVE! SO GET OFF YOUR DUFF AND DO IT!"
At least in the old days before this STUPID IDIOTIC NEW TECH TREE, this did not happen.
They might as well put, in those "as loading" suggestions, that in order
to play the game, you need to be CH5.

Lets use 1 of my superpowers, master of the obvious :rolleyes:, this is
NO harder to fix than using a multi-dimentioned array to hold
the tasks. I'm guessing this is already done to have "or" tasks...
Lets also look @ FA badges that are tied to the players' CH.
Is it so hard to imagine Event tasks also tied to a players' CH ??

Just as Spire difficulty doesn't change in the middle, perhaps
neither should reqs for tasks. By that I mean, if you start the
event CH2, then all of your tasks are based on you being CH2,
even if you go to CH3 1/2 way thru.... but @ the very minimum
as Darielle has pointed out
, you should never be lock'd out of
a task due to research. The fix to that is simple, tasks based on
what a player "can do", no matter thier level of progression.

Because this is not rocket science, and Inno has no intention of
changing things, all that can be concluded is that this is done
intentionally. Good job Inno, the odds of piss'n off your new
players, is pretty high. I know gamers, and there's a short
window of time before a gamer moves on to another game.
Because of current conditions, you're paying for customer
aquisition.... knowing customer retention sux. You're torching
almost every dollar spent on aquisition. its illogical !

hoopity

It's ok for the game devs to design their game with a specific play-style in mind (advancement) and not design it for anything else.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Can you spend KP in the wholesaler or is that later than chapter 2. I can't remember

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It's ok for the game devs to design their game with a specific play-style in mind (advancement) and not design it for anything else.

Yes, this has how it has been since the game was launched. The core gameplay is to start at chapter 1 and advance through the story until you reach the current final chapter. Anything else is optional gameplay and Inno is not required to support it in a way that hurts or delays advancing through the chapters.

Keomint

Maybe someone can help me. We're thinking of doing a sister city but i was wondering how do you keep up with the ghost and marble badges if you can't do tourney and spire.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Maybe someone can help me. We're thinking of doing a sister city but i was wondering how do you keep up with the ghost and marble badges if you can't do tourney and spire.

There is no way to make Ghosts without the FA or tournament. Marbles can be made with any relics collected from anywhere. Wonder badges cannot be made until you unlock the first Ancient Wonder research in chapter 4. Staffs cannot be made until you have a way to gain CCs. I think all the rest can be made before chapter 4?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
If you have a baby ID for making bracelets, that is basically all they're going to make. Sure, they could make statues or necks, but that would be less efficient. To make the most bracelets they need to do 3 hour runs as much as possible. (The exception to this is the 2 days leading up to the FA ... have all the factories do 2 days. ... get a huge amount of bracelets plus statues.)

They can do marble badges by just opening up new provinces ... and there are plenty of provinces for a chapter 2 player to do, but of course they are all going to be red and the only thing you'll be able to do is negotiate, not fight. By doing cross trades for your boosted t1s (since you don't have anything but t1s), you can keep up with the negotiations despite the expense. You may get a few coin badges, a few workshop badges, but nothing to count on. Bracelets is the focus. You can build a chapter 2 city to where they have 40 maxed factories, or maybe more, depending upon how much you're willing to scout and expand.

sam767

You can spend KPs on the other AWs in your FS. what did I miss? I'm holding an alt in a pre decaying goods CH. I built a large footprint of L6 planks. You have given me the idea to try L23 planks to address the bracelets problem. I'll miss all of those extra necklaces and statues though.

Keomint

If you have a baby ID for making bracelets, that is basically all they're going to make. Sure, they could make statues or necks, but that would be less efficient. To make the most bracelets they need to do 3 hour runs as much as possible. (The exception to this is the 2 days leading up to the FA ... have all the factories do 2 days. ... get a huge amount of bracelets plus statues.)

They can do marble badges by just opening up new provinces ... and there are plenty of provinces for a chapter 2 player to do, but of course they are all going to be red and the only thing you'll be able to do is negotiate, not fight. By doing cross trades for your boosted t1s (since you don't have anything but t1s), you can keep up with the negotiations despite the expense. You may get a few coin badges, a few workshop badges, but nothing to count on. Bracelets is the focus. You can build a chapter 2 city to where they have 40 maxed factories, or maybe more, depending upon how much you're willing to scout and expand.
We have the bracelet covered. I tried coins but didn't help much. We have one ws world but was sick and couldn't help. So we're thinking of making fa cities, t1 and ws. I'm just trying to learn how teams with sister cities do those badges. Do you leave some good fighting members in the main city to do the battles? Or do you have the fa cities go to chapter 5?