• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Zero star trade posts

SunsetDanar

Not to make a soap box issue of it but these, along with one star trade posts just remind me of the sleezy little guy in a trench coat with wrist watches up both arms and a myriad of other items for display upon opening the coat. Players are posting these in multiples of tens with the obvious intent of taking advantage of other players. Granted, there are those who will take these willingly and glad to have them but they are few and just satisfying a glaring immediate need. This is intended to be a game of fellowship rather than one of greed. We are all in this together, as I see it, and should be helping each other to succeed This has been grating on me for quite some time so figured it was time to say it.

Count Rupert

Well, it's not always obvious what the player's intent is as there times when fellowships use those exact trades you label as greed to help new players get the resources they need to grew in the early chapters. Also many 1 star trades are really 2 star trades where the player posting the trade is in your neighborhood but you're not in his neighborhood. I'm not sure it's that big a problem. Your trade list orders the trades so all those no and one star trades are at the bottom. So need to continue going through the list once you start hitting them. And you get to know those in your area that do it a lot intentionally.

BrinDarby

Not to make a soap box issue of it but
Remember the totally unfair 50% tax to non neighborhood
ppl , is just as "sleasy". Early CH players not yet to 700% boost
shouldn't have to trade 1:1 with those already @ 700%.

At the end of the day, taking such offers, is..... optional....
( and if I have to pay +50% to take ur offers, you can also pay
the same price to take mine , and thats on Only 1 of the 4
worlds I play in..... the rest are 1:1 only )

Glandeh

Well, it's not always obvious what the player's intent is as there times when fellowships use those exact trades you label as greed to help new players get the resources they need to grew in the early chapters. Also many 1 star trades are really 2 star trades where the player posting the trade is in your neighborhood but you're not in his neighborhood. I'm not sure it's that big a problem. Your trade list orders the trades so all those no and one star trades are at the bottom. So need to continue going through the list once you start hitting them. And you get to know those in your area that do it a lot intentionally.
True, but when you visit that poster and find he's the largest in his FS and find him with 1 KP in a lot of wonders, I think his intent is clear..... I would like to be able to block such players from my trader, as I will not take any of his trades, even fair ones.

SunsetDanar

To be clear, perhaps I should have acknowledged each of the pro arguments mentioned in response. It's more or less commonly known that certain goods are in short supply which seems to vary by world. Those rascals who are aware of this and are lucky enough to make those goods and subsequently post those zero star trades by the tens are the intended target segment here.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
There are trades that the fellowship agrees to do, and I have no problem with those. But those trades do not stay on the trader for hours or days, trying to snare accidental clicks. Those are agreed upon and removed quickly by the big guys in the fellowship. In my fellowship, the rule is that they are prearranged and off the trader within 5 minutes.

I like to help new players. I am the person who will click on 20 or 25 trades of five marble for five planks when I have 5 million planks ... never mind my carpal tunnel. They need help and I want to help them. New players with zero or one star I just ignore, thinking they either don't know any better or their fellowship member is about to pick it up.

But when I see non-newbie players who have zero star trades for thousands of goods on the trader, that stay there for many hours or days and are constantly replenished, I put those names on my ahem list and I don't even take their trades when they decide that cheating doesn't work and reluctantly offer two stars. They can eventually get off my ahem list, if they never again offer zero trades for more than 5 minutes on the trader. But it takes months for me to stop cringing when I see their name. Call it whatever you like; that's how I feel.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I like to help new players. I am the person who will click on 20 or 25 trades of five marble for five planks when I have 5 million planks ... never mind my carpal tunnel. They need help and I want to help them. New players with zero or one star I just ignore, thinking they either don't know any better or their fellowship member is about to pick it up.
I will always take little single 0-1 star trades from new players.... they are so cute with their 8 planks asking for 64 marble or 64 marble for 512 steel, poor things!!! I stop taking them when they spam the trader.

I always assume spam trades are aimed at a specific target and I am not it.

BrinDarby

Eliminate the 50% trade fee, and boost levels....
then everyone could trade 1:1 on an even playingfield.
Otherwise, if ya don't like an offer don't take it, and if
you can't be carefull when accepting offers, your misclicks
are Your fault, not the trade poster's.....

Perhaps ask Inno to change the 1:8 or 8:1 rule, since
you (playerbase) can't even allow 1:1.5 trades.....
If its ..... wait 2 days to do something.... or pay double
for a good.... I'll gladly pay double for the time savings.
@least players aren't charging :diamond: like Inno does, to
eliviate frustration.