• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Ads Feedback thread

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Yes, I reported it. Didn't hear anything back, but hopefully they're doing something about it. I never saw that particular ad again.

I don't (and will not) use autoplay since I detest it. But so far the ads are almost always working well.
Considering you are not the first, and likely not the last, for this to happen to, it is concerning. An ad shouldn’t be able to execute anything, let alone something this shady.

mallatia111

Hi, when starting from a new account, what would be the earliest moment to confirm if the account is flagged to receive the the new bonus ads and hobby room?

i.e. If you don't see the hobby room tab in the builder hut during the tutorial does this mean the account will not be getting ads? Do you need to have a minimum progress for the hobby room to appear?

Thanks

Alram

Flippers just flip
You have to complete the first 18 quests for the tutorial. The Season of Triumph unlocks at the same time as The Hobby Room.
Screenshot_20230813_202520_Elvenar.jpg

Last edited:

lauren1957

I have received messages from Inno support indicating that I do not have the hobby lobby because I am in an 'experimental' group.

Typically, the 'experimental group' receives new features. The way Inno does it is backwards.

I think it inappropriate that Inno has created an unlevel playing field by refusing to just give the feature to everyone.

I would like to hear the opinion of others - then perhaps create a poll so that Inno understands what it has done wrong and is encouraged to rectify their blunder.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Be careful what you ask for. The latest trend seems to be things are optional until it isn't. Don't want to do cauldron? Too bad. Your tech tree is faded out until you research it. Don't want to advance to next chapter? Too bad. The game will play itself and advance you through a few chapters. Right now clicking ads is optional. We might be heading towards a day when they're not...

Elvenar357P

Favouring some players with the option of using a hobby lobby, while others on the same server do not have it, seems very backward to me as well. I suspect there is more to this. The programmers at Inno are probably trying their best within the system they have to work to: at least Endless Scrolls got evened out eventually.

lauren1957

Ugh please no!! I really hate my builders right now they're  more annoying than the Sorceress and her 'Moon' time alone in the woods.
I'll take your builder's hut off your hands. Yup, two builders to upgrade 10 buildings at a time. Not so bad, given the 6 or 9 squares the builder takes.

Alram

Flippers just flip
You don't have to view the ads. Just keep an ad blocker active. But since the treasures sometimes contain diamonds...
I don't know how to adblocker my phone and I haven't seen any diamonds. I did see some scantily clad lasses and laddies a few times though.
Screenshot_20230723_182811_Elvenar.jpg
Screenshot_20230831_091440_Elvenar.jpg

Last edited:

Dhurrin

My problem here is that it was pushed to the live worlds. Whether one likes it or not, wants it or not, uses it or not is irrelevant as it shouldn't have been pushed on live this way.

BETA is supposed to be the testing ground, just ramming it through to live is absolutely not acceptable.
On beta, I can understand the testing and thus possible unfair advantages, as that is the purpose of that world, but that shouldn't be happening on the live worlds.
My guess is that Inno is pretty desperate for extra revenue and that's why it went live as well.

For those who do have the hobbyroom AND want to use it, it does give an advantage, especially during the FSA as it makes it (a lot) easier to collect certain badges, which gives an unfair advantage in the ability to go for ranking for those who care about that, or as a FS want to go for a certain ranking in order to gain the building that goes with that.

And how much 'testing' is needed on the live worlds? There should be a reasonable amount of data now on how many people of the 'in-group' have used it and how often, considering the number of live worlds active.
So either implement it or scrap it. But keeping an uneven playing field for months is just a horrible way of handling this.

Flashfyre

I have received messages from Inno support indicating that I do not have the hobby lobby because I am in an 'experimental' group.

Typically, the 'experimental group' receives new features. The way Inno does it is backwards.

I think it inappropriate that Inno has created an unlevel playing field by refusing to just give the feature to everyone.

I would like to hear the opinion of others - then perhaps create a poll so that Inno understands what it has done wrong and is encouraged to rectify their blunder.
Every experiment has to have 2 groups: the Test group and the Control group.
You are probably in the Control group for the experiment on your server.
This is not "backwards". It's not "inappropriate". It's not "wrong".

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I'll take your builder's hut off your hands. Yup, two builders to upgrade 10 buildings at a time. Not so bad, given the 6 or 9 squares the builder takes.
No thanks, most of mine are level 5, I might have a couple at merely 4.

satchmo33

I open the ads and wait out the few seconds cuz I like to get the little prizes. Also cuz some of them completely crack me up:

-The plush hanging dead monkey being strangled by a human hand

-"Cremation Urns Are Our Passion"

-Re: the 'scantily clad' hangman's girl: just walk down the street in your city and you'll see more boob that she's showing (IS quite well built, however...jealous)