• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Just dont get it

DeletedUser7527

I just dont get it we have been trying to get folks to join us here i felyndral to come be apart of a great fellowship called the queens guard even tried to get small fellowships to join in with us and we only have 11 folks with us but one good thing we are all active so i guess that counts for somthing i guess
The Queens Guard1.jpg

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
A few weeks back there were a bunch of us suggesting that it will be far easier if you merge into an existing FS rather than starting your own, but you insisted repeatedly that you wanted your own FS.
IIRC you even got an offer or 2 for joining/merging which you turned down.

Are you now willing to give up being AM and merge into another FS? If not, you can't very well expect others to be willing.

Getting 11 together in a few weeks isn't bad, but it takes longer and longer as the pool dries up.
If a brand new FS manages to find 24 other players with the same activity level and goals without any personality clashes in under 6 months I'd be shocked.

I've had a spot or two open in Khelonaar almost constantly due to various reasons, and it's nearly impossible to fill. This in a FS where all we ask is that you show up daily and do 600 points in the tournament each week. For that you get 10 chests, and trades taken instantly, still almost impossible to fill that last slot.
Pretty much the same thing in Winyandor too. Filling a FS is hella hard. I think having 7 servers is too many with this playerbase.

Last edited:

DeletedUser12171

So you're basically saying, "I don't understand why people don't want to join an FS as good as mine"

I said it before and I say it again, your FS is simply not the best place for a newbie to grow.

Can you push uneven (even 0 star) trades to newbies in need of help?
Do you have veterans who can give tips and advice?
Do you have heavyweight carries who can propel the FS into 6+ tournament chests weekly?

Lots of other mid to higher-mid tier FS can do all that I mentioned above and are willing to take newbies. So if I were a newbie, why would I choose you?

Activity and neighborly help are the most basic expectations of an FS. Otherwise why be in an FS at all? You are not special just by having active players. You think that by keeping a loose rein, people will join because it's easy to be in your FS. Well, easy come, easy go. No investment = no commitment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
On Winyandor I am AM for a very small FS. The AM left and made me AM without even asking. Odd since I don't play that city :rolleyes: I have it set so anybody can join. I put in description that all are welcome, 2 star trades and after 1 month missing members will be removed. Today I removed 4 players and still have 18. I guess the point is that it has been a long time to get to even that point so I can imagine your frustration. If I was actively playing that city I don't think there is a chance I would keep that FS. I would have to move to an established FS for trades if nothing else.

DeletedUser7527

Maybe im just tryng to hard to get folks I guess I will just wait and see what happens I just don't give up on something that I start and its not going to start now yes soggy I know what you said to me and I understand that and Randomno im not saying im special maybe you don't understand what im trying to say sorry that I started up a hornets nest I was just saying I see so many out there that have no fs and was wondering why its so hard to find olks I guess its because they have quit playing and the game hasn't removed them lol

SoggyShorts

Maybe im just tryng to hard to get folks I guess
Nope. In fact if you want a full FS you'll have to keep working,even harder for months.
I just don't give up on something that I start
I know it may seem like that is a virtue, but an unwillingness to adapt to changing circumstances is not.
I see so many out there that have no fs and was wondering why its so hard to find folks I guess its because they have quit playing and the game hasn't removed them lol
Are you checking out these players on www.elvenstats.com ? Or just sending random invites to anyone without a FS? Are you getting "no thank you" replies, or none at all?
I wouldn't be surprised if 95%+ players who are in chapter 4+ without a FS are abandoned.
Another huge chunk aren't even getting your recruitment message because they are mobile-only users

DeletedUser12171

there is a time for everything

there was a time in this game where everyone was new and necessarily, newbies have to get together with other newbies to form FSses. That time is long past.

If I were to make an FS now, I'd make sure I grew to a good size first, and get a few other experienced players, then form a FS and take newbies. I would be that much more able to add value to these new players. Of course, it's your game and you can play it how you like. All the best in your FS venture.

DeletedUser7527

Nope. In fact if you want a full FS you'll have to keep working,even harder for months.

I know it may seem like that is a virtue, but an unwillingness to adapt to changing circumstances is not.

Are you checking out these players on www.elvenstats.com ? Or just sending random invites to anyone without a FS? Are you getting "no thank you" replies, or none at all?
I wouldn't be surprised if 95%+ players who are in chapter 4+ without a FS are abandoned.
Another huge chunk aren't even getting your recruitment message because they are mobile-only users
ty for your insight and yes I have been all over and yes again you are right lol

DeletedUser7527

there is a time for everything

there was a time in this game where everyone was new and necessarily, newbies have to get together with other newbies to form FSses. That time is long past.

If I were to make an FS now, I'd make sure I grew to a good size first, and get a few other experienced players, then form a FS and take newbies. I would be that much more able to add value to these new players. Of course, it's your game and you can play it how you like. All the best in your FS venture.
ty for your insight I will just keep chugging along and im sure it will get better as time goes on lol

DeletedUser3297

This has already been said by Soggy and a few others. But there is 0 incentive for somebody like me to join your 11 player fellowship. I have been playing this game for a month again and 3 out of the 4 cities I play is in a 10 chest fellowship and one of those fellowships also scores in the top 2 for each FA. Now I just need to find a 10 chest fellowship in Winyandor...

I would rather be a fellow in an awesome fellowship over being an Archmage in a disappointing fellowship :)

DeletedUser7527

well it seems like things are going to get better had another person join that is a higher ranked person and they believe in what we are doing so at least i have some that believe in us lol

SoggyShorts

The game has had this problem since the day fellowships were introduced: Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.
So now we end up with a huge number of fellowships with 22-24 players and even more with 10-16 players all fighting for the same members.
Smart would be combining forces, but everyone thinks that they should be the boss because somehow a FS under their leadership will be different.:rolleyes:

Seriously it's like having 20 basketball teams and only 70 players: Just a bunch of teams with 3 or 4 players on the court, and almost no one able to play properly. How do you fix it? Hint: adding team #21 doesn't help.:oops:

DeletedUser7527

The game has had this problem since the day fellowships were introduced: Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.
So now we end up with a huge number of fellowships with 22-24 players and even more with 10-16 players all fighting for the same members.
Smart would be combining forces, but everyone thinks that they should be the boss because somehow a FS under their leadership will be different.:rolleyes:

Seriously it's like having 20 basketball teams and only 70 players: Just a bunch of teams with 3 or 4 players on the court, and almost no one able to play properly. How do you fix it? Hint: adding team #21 doesn't help.:oops:
LOL i understand that one of my reasons for trying to keep this fellowship is i like our name and so do all our members lol as far as the archmage thing someone else could have it i dont care about the top position i just would like to keep the name of our fellowship

SoggyShorts

LOL i understand that one of my reasons for trying to keep this fellowship is i like our name and so do all our members lol as far as the archmage thing someone else could have it i dont care about the top position i just would like to keep the name of our fellowship
Solid chance you could make that deal in a merger- They get the AM spot but the name is your choice? Deal!

DeletedUser19818

Or just go new name? Idk, my FS is on Ceravyn, so it doesn't matter :D

NightshadeCS

The fellowship I am in on Winy has a hierarchy of FS's. They have one for newbies, with a couple of high level players who help us little guys out. Then, when you progress far enough, you get "promoted" to one of the more ambitious fellowships. It seems to work really well, though I feel for the AM's, as it must take a lot of work and coordination.

My point is that they are actively recruiting and training brand new cities/players. It provides a great farm for their higher-level fellowships.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I said it before and I say it again, your FS is simply not the best place for a newbie to grow.

Can you push uneven (even 0 star) trades to newbies in need of help?
Do you have veterans who can give tips and advice?
Do you have heavyweight carries who can propel the FS into 6+ tournament chests weekly?

Lots of other mid to higher-mid tier FS can do all that I mentioned above and are willing to take newbies. So if I were a newbie, why would I choose you?

On the other hand
I think many newbies don't realize the advantage of joining an advanced FS
They look at an FS and see people with 100K 300K 500K ratings, with cities that look unimaginably huge, and they fear they will get lost
So they join an FS that looks more their size
They don't realize the pool of knowledge they are passing up
or
If they join an FS like mine, somebody like me will load them up with so many goods they'll sail through the early part of the game