• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Feature: Crafting announcement feedback

DeletedUser3297

Well, now that the Magic Academy is cluttered with so many different functions, it is now missing 2 buttons that are available everywhere else in the game, and that is the ability to use time reducing instants. We need a button for timed instants on crafting and we need a timed-instant button on new recipes. EVERYWHERE else in the game including scouting, you can reduce by timed instants, so that feature should have automatically been included in crafting...

hvariidh gwendrot

craft smaft are there going to be restoration spells or not ? as far as crafting is related dear beta players are all the bells and whistles worth it to learn? are there decent things to craft worth the effort ?or is this just a bunch of levers and gears to distract ? i don't want to spend weeks crafting to get the right amount of items to spin a chest or whatever and get 5 kp lol:cool:
edit add....wiki has nothing on the crafting, might i suggest you add a how to crafting section so players have at least a basic understanding vs a 100% blind release

Last edited:

DeletedUser2870

Prime example of Innogames workings
Great idea, but a lousy execution. I was very excited by the idea at first, then just sank down in despair again.

- The time needed to create the CC-spell is extremely high and considering the fact that one needs several for the things that are really practical it makes it a very tedious process.
- The reset time of 48 hours also is extremely long. 1 reset for coins and/or supplies (like a percentage of the full Main Hall-capacity, and the percentage could be dependant on the level of the MA) in that same period would not be unbalancing. Having to wait 48 hours to see another 5 recipes with most of them useless is waaaaaaaay too long.
- From what I understand there are something like 90 recipes (and maybe more coming), with 5 offered at a time. Considering the fact that some will be offered multiple times it will take at least 3 months to even see every one appear. So even if there are a few items one would like to craft the chances of them being available are pretty lousy.

I've read up on the beta forum @SoggyShorts I don't know how you get that many diamonds from the wishing wells. I am EXTREMELEY disappointed in that building. I had 3 up, only got diamonds 2 times during their whole lifespan. And that is 2x total, not 2x per WW. So the chances of getting diamonds from them suck. The coins, supplies and goods I get from them are such small amounts they are not worth it either.
So the WW is something that I would disenchant as soon as I got it. But even so, there is only a limited amount of buildings one has in storage. Once those are gone that source is dry.

On beta there have been so many suggestions to improve the MA, give some functions (especially to create runes for specific AW's since the chances of getting the one you want is abysmally low) but Inno seems to be unable to actually adress some of the main issues.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@SoggyShorts I don't know how you get that many diamonds from the wishing wells. I am EXTREMELEY disappointed in that building. I had 3 up, only got diamonds 2 times during their whole lifespan. And that is 2x total, not 2x per WW
in 100 days, you should collect 200x if you are a robot. with 3 WW that is 600x. According to our data miner players, the odds are 10% of diamonds which was my experience on ~50 WW as well as my wife's experience with ~45. You should have gotten diamonds 60 times. Assuming not a robot collection call it 50x, so anything under 20 times is pretty shocking, and getting them just 2 times is a 1 in a billion event.:(

SunsetDanar

@Ælfwine are there any changes from EN launch to US release? There was quite a bit of feedback from both Beta and the EN forums without an official response.

Summary of feedback that hasn't been implemented/addressed since latest tweaks on Beta:
  • Disenchanting event buildings in our city: Once our supply of old inventory buildings is gone, there is no steady source of Spell Fragments. For newer players, there is really no significant source at all. Getting something back for older event buildings is an excellent way to encourage a player to keep their city fresh while giving access to the new crafting feature. Perhaps 1/2 as many SF as disenchanting from inventory.
  • Disenchanting Relics: Many players gain more relics each week than the MA can consume, and there really isn't anything you can do with your boosted ones after 500.
  • Disenchanting Runes: This one is something the player base has been asking for for years, and crafting is the perfect chance for inno to do it. There are recipes for getting Rune Shards, so if disenchanting Runes gave close to enough SF to make a shard then we could stop building wonders that we don't want just to delete them and smash runes on the wheel repeatedly.
  • Rune Shards Another issue (always having 10/10) that can be fixed with crafting. Either a special recipe that costs 10 BRS, or let us disenchant them.
  • New building ideas for crafting - Light melee, Light range and Mage versions of the Vallorian Vallor and Grounds of the Orc Strategist.
  • Set Buildings as a recipe Only the most recent set buildings should be offered so as not to flood the list.
  • Unique crafting set: A set of buildings that are only available through crafting.
  • Other sources of Combining Catalyst spells: Tournament rewards, visit chests etc.
  • A way to see all possible recipes This list exists in the database and is how our 5 recipes are generated, it just needs to be displayed to the player
  • The overflow of "same" recipes. Having 8 Coin rains and 8 supply windfalls is overly redundant. 5%, 25%, and 50% is enough variety of those. 2x5KP instant and a 10 KP instant is also unnecessary, lose the 10 KP one. The 3 codices, 4 Flames, and observatory that are all 2x2 pure culture might be a little much as well.
  • Relic recipes These have some major flaws. If a player needs relics from crafting, there is only a ~1% chance of the right recipe appearing, but for players who don't need them, the recipes take up 10% of their slots. Using these recipes as a way to get Vision Vapor offers some functionality, but the cost of 300 SF and a CC makes most of the other recipes better for farming VV.
  • Mystical Object relies too much on chance. Getting 50 KP instead of 500 diamonds because of bad luck is pretty harsh.

Some really good stuff here...I like it. How about including the crafting spell in tournaments since every other one is? Should be available around chest 5 so that most FS can obtain it.

SunsetDanar

Saw that but a bit sketchy so I didn't get the gist of it. Not sure if I'd advocate replacing those spells though. Smaller FS may have need for them so they are available in the correct place. I mentioned chest 5 because most FS that are not able to achieve that level on a consistent basis probably don't have 4 pages of expendable items in their respective inventories and probably won't have moving forward so crafting, for those folks, may not be as useful as it might be for a top 100 FS.

Arkadia

I feel like we should have different icons for the PoP and the Supply Windfall :confused:
...or at least slightly different color

What's the Mystical Orb?
Can someone explain what it does?

And what's the vertical banner on each crafting items, what's that icon referring to, how to get it?

I haven't seen anything so far I'd like to craft.

What happens when we run out of access buildings in ur inventory? cause i don't think i'd want to disenchant spells n instants, or at least not the time boosters.

Last edited:

DeletedUser12171

There is no pressure to "craft" anything, Craft what you want...when it is offered, otherwise....wait and save the spells.....
Word

I mentioned in a previous related thread and will say again - this is not (at least it doesn't seem so) a "crush some stuff and make a bunch of mad crazy great stuff with it", but more of a "hey I have some stuff I don't use so let's make it into something I would use" thing. So really, I'm pretty cool with what's on offer

I do have a L5 MA so it takes me 6h to get one crafting spell. This is a perk I paid a premium for and I'm pretty satisfied with it. I still would like spells to come from other sources because my MA is pumping out MM mostly and I need those more. Still, as mentioned, this is entirely a side thing so I'll be doing it only when I have the resources and time to

DeletedUser2870

in 100 days, you should collect 200x if you are a robot. with 3 WW that is 600x. According to our data miner players, the odds are 10% of diamonds which was my experience on ~50 WW as well as my wife's experience with ~45. You should have gotten diamonds 60 times. Assuming not a robot collection call it 50x, so anything under 20 times is pretty shocking, and getting them just 2 times is a 1 in a billion event.:(

Thanks.
Definitely not a robot, and my collection would be (much) lower. Still, I am not ANYWHERE near the 10%. Even assuming it's a bit lower and a collection rate of only half the time, it means every WW should on average yield diamonds at least once every 2 weeks. Its just not happening. I seem to be stuck on Inno's special list of sucky rewards, since I see the same with the daily rewards during events. I can save up to try 16 times for a 25% chance of a special building and end up with 1. If I'm lucky that is. From where I'm sitting, the percentages are way off.

But apart from the diamonds I am extremely disappointed in the nearly constant yield of supplies. Which sucks BIG TIME since the amount yielded is lousy considering it is supposedly some kind of special building. Same for the coins. Nowhere near interesting. Goods, same story. It would be interesting if it yielded sentient goods, or the meditation spell (or this new spell) at times.

DeletedUser2870

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why the heck I can 'craft' an ensorcelled endowment spell that I could just create in that same MA? Or get several a week in a regular tourney without trying too hard?

Seriously, craft a spell I can already create at will at a cost of more than it costs to create it normally (considering I have to sacrifice stuff to get the spellpoints for it) really? REALLY?

That is not just a sucky offer, it is completely ridiculous. It also takes away a spot of one of the only 5 recipes I can see that MIGHT be interesting. If this is what the crafting looks like it's even worse than I thought before.

elvenar crafting example.png

Last edited by a moderator:

The Unbeliever

Yep, the 'basic' 3 spells (PoP, EE, MM) need to go from the list, OR, they need to be a pack of 3x said spells to at least make them worth the cost of the fragments required to craft them.
Likewise, Runeshards & especially broken shards need to get the boot as well, since those are beyond plentiful as is through completing provinces, tournaments + FS reward chests, events, etc...

Otherwise, this a great new feature, and one that will be immensely useful to anyone regardless of play style!

My own plan currently for this is;
- just craft as many CC's as possible, as I'm nearing the very end of Fairies chapter.
- use the upcoming Winter event to simply collect a bunch of stuff to later disenchant.
- look to craft a shiny new Valorian Valour + Orc Strat Grounds once I move into Orks & Gobbos chapter, then look at some of those lovely little 2x2 codices that become a hilariously amazing pile of super efficient culture/square! ;)

DeletedUser4699

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why the heck I can 'craft' an ensorcelled endowment spell that I could just create in that same MA? Or get several a week in a regular tourney without trying too hard?

Seriously, craft a spell I can already create at will at a cost of more than it costs to create it normally (considering I have to sacrifice stuff to get the spellpoints for it) really? REALLY?

That is not just a sucky offer, it is completely ridiculous. It also takes away a spot of one of the only 5 recipes I can see that MIGHT be interesting. If this is what the crafting looks like it's even worse than I thought before.

From your screenshot, it looks like the spell can be crafted in 3:30 hours, as opposed to 13:00 hours by normal means. Also it doesn't take a combining catalyst spell like most other crafting recipes, so there's that too.
Does that make it worth it? For some, maybe, maybe not. Not for me to discern. But not worth getting that worked up over to rant over. This is a new feature, and even it it comes up as one of the craft-able options, there are still 4 more to choose from until they rotate. This was implemented to give us a way to clear out old event buildings that were never going to be used and make some sort of use out of what was left, not as an integral part of the game..I think there is far more good to come out of this new feature than disappointment.

The Unbeliever

From your screenshot, it looks like the spell can be crafted in 3:30 hours, as opposed to 13:00 hours by normal means. Also it doesn't take a combining catalyst spell like most other crafting recipes, so there's that too.
Does that make it worth it? For some, maybe, maybe not. Not for me to discern. But not worth getting that worked up over to rant over. This is a new feature, and even it it comes up as one of the craft-able options, there are still 4 more to choose from until they rotate. This was implemented to give us a way to clear out old event buildings that were never going to be used and make some sort of use out of what was left, not as an integral part of the game..I think there is far more good to come out of this new feature than disappointment.
The basic spells aren't worth it in any way, simply because you need to invest like 10x the fragments you get from disenchanting just 1 spell. (assuming Lv2 MA)
Even if you've got a fully maxed out Lv5 MA, you still only make what, like 90'ish fragments from disenchanting 1 PoP/EE spell?
So you'd need to disenchant 4 spells to make just one back, and get only 1 vision vapor in the process?

That's pretty insulting to the intelligence of most players who can do even basic grade 2 math. :p
At least if it was a pack of 3 spells & say 5 VV's, it would be more usable, though still come in at a slight loss in fragments for even a Lv5 MA.

Remember: the biggest limiting factor for most players will be how to keep a steady supply of spell fragments coming in.
Spending potentially up to 10x what a single item would give back is well, many, many words I'm not allowed to say without getting perma-banned!;)

DeletedUser4699

The basic spells aren't worth it in any way, simply because you need to invest like 10x the fragments you get from disenchanting just 1 spell. (assuming Lv2 MA)
Even if you've got a fully maxed out Lv5 MA, you still only make what, like 90'ish fragments from disenchanting 1 PoP/EE spell?
So you'd need to disenchant 4 spells to make just one back, and get only 1 vision vapor in the process?

That's pretty insulting to the intelligence of most players who can do even basic grade 2 math. :p
At least if it was a pack of 3 spells & say 5 VV's, it would be more usable, though still come in at a slight loss in fragments for even a Lv5 MA.

Remember: the biggest limiting factor for most players will be how to keep a steady supply of spell fragments coming in.
Spending potentially up to 10x what a single item would give back is well, many, many words I'm not allowed to say without getting perma-banned!;)

Obviously, nobody is going to disenchant a spell to make a spell. Read the last two sentences of my reply that you had quoted, because I have a feeling you didn't get that far. In no way did I allude, reference, insinuate, infer, state, or imply the purpose being to disenchant spells for spells. That is ridiculous. I think you may have missed the point of my post entirely.

DeletedUser8946

Obviously, nobody is going to disenchant a spell to make a spell.
I've disenchanted spells to make spells. There's a pack that crafting has: Three Inspiring Meditation for some Spell Fragments and two Catalysts. Since I now devote all my MA energy into making Catalysts instead of Meditations, and I always have a Meditation up and running (I'm gone overnight for 12 hours or more) This is a deal I always take.