• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Feature: Crafting announcement feedback

DeletedUser4699

I've disenchanted spells to make spells. There's a pack that crafting has: Three Inspiring Meditation for some Spell Fragments and two Catalysts. Since I now devote all my MA energy into making Catalysts instead of Meditations, and I always have a Meditation up and running (I'm gone overnight for 12 hours or more) This is a deal I always take.
That's excellent, especially considering that's what someone earlier in the thread was asking for, saying that is what might make it worth it. The part of my reply that you quoted (slightly out of context, but no biggie) was in reference to an outlandish conclusion of disenchanting 1 MM to make 1 MM.

edeba

This is so true, but for some reason, reading it, I just can't stop laughing.... Wouldn't you want to be a fly on wall when they came up with this one... Can you imagine, there was a bet, it had to be a bet... And the terms of the bet were, who could come up with the dumbest idea for crafting and get the most players to actually do it...

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why the heck I can 'craft' an ensorcelled endowment spell that I could just create in that same MA? Or get several a week in a regular tourney without trying too hard?

Seriously, craft a spell I can already create at will at a cost of more than it costs to create it normally (considering I have to sacrifice stuff to get the spellpoints for it) really? REALLY?

That is not just a sucky offer, it is completely ridiculous. It also takes away a spot of one of the only 5 recipes I can see that MIGHT be interesting. If this is what the crafting looks like it's even worse than I thought before.

View attachment 4740

Risen Malchiah

So it would appear the strategy is to make and hoard CCs, wait days or weeks for a useful recipe to pop up, then frantically try to make as many of those things as you can before the recipe goes away. Better than nothing, but not quite as exciting as I imagined. Now I need to make a habit of checking the recipes all the time in every city.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
wait days or weeks for a useful recipe to pop up
Well there are fewer than 100 recipes, and you get 5 new ones every 8h, so 15 per day, or pretty much all of them in a week.
It "shouldn't" take more than a few days to get something useful, depending on what you think qualifies, and this should give you time to cook CC.
Personally, both rainbows and all 5 military interest me, so I never have over 10 CC spells ready despite cooking 24/7 (on beta) I've actually had to use some timer instants to get a CC spell because I didn't want to miss out.*

*Note: I have seen far more Vallors than I statistically should have on Beta, YMMV

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That's helpful to know. Do you know if it's completely random every time or does it cycle through so that you're guaranteed to see everything at least once each week?

I have already seen repeats in just the couple of days this has been available.

And for the people who know about what we get to craft, are all the buildings that show up purely culture? Or can buildings that give population or other stuff be crafted too?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thanks.
Definitely not a robot, and my collection would be (much) lower. Still, I am not ANYWHERE near the 10%. Even assuming it's a bit lower and a collection rate of only half the time, it means every WW should on average yield diamonds at least once every 2 weeks. Its just not happening. I seem to be stuck on Inno's special list of sucky rewards, since I see the same with the daily rewards during events. I can save up to try 16 times for a 25% chance of a special building and end up with 1. If I'm lucky that is. From where I'm sitting, the percentages are way off.

I had one of the older WWs that gave 10 diamonds. I managed to collect from it somewhere between 180 and 190 of the 200 total times and I got the diamonds somewhere between 15-18 of those times, so just under 10%. For my current WW that gives 25 diamonds, I have gotten the diamonds 5 times in about 60 tries, so just under 10% again.

Risen Malchiah

Well, my plan to frantically make as many military buildings as possible when they're available doesn't seem to be possible.

After crafting my Enlightened Light Range building, the recipe changed to a checkmark and doesn't appear to be clickable again. It also still took up a slot when the recipes changed over, presumably because it was still cooking.

craftingdone.jpg

edeba

As near as I can tell, you can only make one when a recipe finally shows up.

So it would appear the strategy is to make and hoard CCs, wait days or weeks for a useful recipe to pop up, then frantically try to make as many of those things as you can before the recipe goes away. Better than nothing, but not quite as exciting as I imagined. Now I need to make a habit of checking the recipes all the time in every city.

edeba

The rainbow buildings give population/

I have already seen repeats in just the couple of days this has been available.

And for the people who know about what we get to craft, are all the buildings that show up purely culture? Or can buildings that give population or other stuff be crafted too?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The rainbow buildings give population/

Logged in for the first time today and had three buildings to choose from that were not just culture: a Vallorian Valor, a Traveling Merchant I, and a Rainbow Unicorn! I was even at the very beginning of the 8-hour refresh, so I could craft two of those three if I wanted to. Making the Unicorn for sure, though. :)

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
  • Disenchanting event buildings in our city: Once our supply of old inventory buildings is gone, there is no steady source of Spell Fragments. For newer players, there is really no significant source at all. Getting something back for older event buildings is an excellent way to encourage a player to keep their city fresh while giving access to the new crafting feature. Perhaps 1/2 as many SF as disenchanting from inventory.

I so wish they would do this. It would help smaller fellowships who aren't able to reach the tenth chest for blueprint or spell upgrades. I could clear out space while gaining something instead of just losing. It would make the nerfing of so many of my early event buildings less painful. I might actually work to get to the end of the events again, because after the GREAT NERFING, I sort of lost the heart to do it since they were only going to kill it anyway.

shionnach

In the last 2 days I have had absolutely nothing in one of my worlds that I want to craft...very disappointing. My other 2 worlds however where my MA is not as upgraded has lots of really cool things to craft that I can't make cause I have to wait so long for my catalysts. Is anyone else noticed something like this. And when we run out of things to disenchant what then?

DeletedUser9601

• Disenchanting event buildings in our city: Once our supply of old inventory buildings is gone, there is no steady source of Spell Fragments. For newer players, there is really no significant source at all. Getting something back for older event buildings is an excellent way to encourage a player to keep their city fresh while giving access to the new crafting feature. Perhaps 1/2 as many SF as disenchanting from inventory.
I so wish they would do this. It would help smaller fellowships who aren't able to reach the tenth chest for blueprint or spell upgrades. I could clear out space while gaining something instead of just losing. It would make the nerfing of so many of my early event buildings less painful. I might actually work to get to the end of the events again, because after the GREAT NERFING, I sort of lost the heart to do it since they were only going to kill it anyway.
I've given this some thought, and I don't think its actually a good idea. Especially with the increase in temporary event prizes (like wishing wellss or the KP buildings). If Soggy's system is permitted, you could have a WW for 100 days, collect all its diamonds, and then also get spell fragments. Seems like double-dipping. Still true, but less so, for other event buildings. If you're deleting an event building, you probably have something more useful to replace it. Spell Fragments are clearly a reward for foregoing a benefit (either a spell, an instant or a building).

Also, you should still clear out space to put in better event buildings (assuming you're progressing in chapters).

Trehki

explain why everything I want to craft costs me diamonds? While taking things I already have, and more or less trading them in for something that costs me diamonds?

DeletedUser3297

explain why everything I want to craft costs me diamonds? While taking things I already have, and more or less trading them in for something that costs me diamonds?

Have you disenchanted enough Spell Fragments?
Have you produced enough Combining Catalysts?

As with everything else in this game, if you are missing a resource, the diamond option will fill that in for you. If you want to proceed without diamonds, please produce the required resource :)

Edit: please note, the item in red is the missing resource :)