• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 1178646

Yeah, I think I have seen everything possible come up at least once or twice since the crafting system was added.

The thing I would change about the system would be to make each of the five crafting spots a specific category, so that we don't have five instants or five relics at one time. And if they made this change, maybe also lower the refresh from 8 hours to 6 hours.

The refresh rate was already lowered from 48/72? hours to 8 hours. the 8 hous was only supposed to exist for testing purpose.

Of course the list is bloated with junk, thats the whole idea behind it, the goal is to have you wait for those few that you actually like.
It's a happy moment when you get it. and for them hopefully frustrating enough for you to spend a few diamonds.

If it becomes to easy to get whatever you want, then it becomes just another build menu with different build recources.

hvariidh gwendrot

well i keep getting the same items just moved from 5 to 2 or 3 to 4 etc..it's ridiculous, a build menu sounds great, they need to just do a drop down and let players pick items they want to craft

DeletedUser3297

I think the current system is just fine. Your Magic Academy used to be for spells too, not just for crafting. For me, I am trying to build up enough Combining Catalysts so I can go back to producing spells. I like to have a good balance of both so I can gain Mana from spells while still crafting the occasional item. Once of my cities has about 20 Combining Catalysts and I have been producing them non-stop since crafting began. It's hard to stockpile the CC's when you get 2 to 3 items a week that you want to craft.

So far, I have not been able to go back to producing spells, so my Dragon Abbey is not as good as it should be :(

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The refresh rate was already lowered from 48/72? hours to 8 hours. the 8 hous was only supposed to exist for testing purpose.

Of course the list is bloated with junk, thats the whole idea behind it, the goal is to have you wait for those few that you actually like.
It's a happy moment when you get it. and for them hopefully frustrating enough for you to spend a few diamonds.

If it becomes to easy to get whatever you want, then it becomes just another build menu with different build recources.

If we are talking about the same rate, then yes, ever since the crafting system went live the five crafting options change every eight hours. And I have crafted something almost every day, two items a day a few times. I close to having enough vapors to open the third chest right now. But I have also crafted some items for the vapors and have disenchanted them as soon as they finished crafting, mainly doing this with the tiny culture items when there is nothing I want to craft and keep. I also crafted the 5-relic option a couple of times because those relics counted for the event quests. :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
a build menu sounds great, they need to just do a drop down and let players pick items they want to craft
Massively overpowered:eek:
  • Priority #1 would be to craft 4 Unleashed Unit Upgrades each week to give my troops 200% health, and 4 MMM/ELR for those weeks giving me 300% damage in steel, gem and marble tournaments allowing me to crush out an extra 30-40 provinces yielding massive KP and I'd disenchant all the FS rewards which is more than enough to keep the party going
  • Priority # 2 would be to stock up on as many Vallors and GoToS as possible to replace my training needs for 4 of the 9 tournaments, allowing me to do even MOAR!
  • Priority #3 would be replacing all of my lower culture/pop with rainbow flower cages that are 50% more efficient than a residence(more room for Vallors and GoToS!)
On second thought...forget I said "overpowered" this sounds like fun:D

Announcing my retirement from game, I had it with Elvenar not listening, tourney cycles of 16 hrs etc.
When next chapter comes out I am trough....:)
Again? I think that makes 4:p

Last edited:

DeletedUser3507

• Priority #1 would be to craft 4 Unleashed Unit Upgrades each week to give my troops 200% health, and 4 MMM/ELR for those weeks giving me 300% damage in steel, gem and marble tournaments allowing me to crush out an extra 30-40 provinces yielding massive KP and I'd disenchant all the FS rewards which is more than enough to keep the party going
  • Priority # 2 would be to stock up on as many Vallors and GoToS as possible to replace my training needs for 4 of the 9 tournaments, allowing me to do even MOAR!
  • Priority #3 would be replacing all of my lower culture/pop with rainbow flower cages that are 50% more efficient than a residence(more room for Vallors and GoToS!)

Who's counting but this is it.:)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
IS THERE A CHANGE COMING TO THE SYSTEM THAT DELETES INACTIVE PLAYERS? ANOTHER 'BIG MOVE'?

49444662_10213110874347120_5847125784799477760_n.jpg

What is SUPPOSED to happen with player deletion is that any city that has been inactive for more than 30 days, and the owner has not spent real money on Diamonds, and the city is lower than chapter IV - these cities should be flagged for deletion, and a while later when they need space a script is run and the cities are removed and replaced by 'Goldmines'

What SHOULD then happen is that active players from the poorly-populated outskirts of the World Map should be moved in to the vacant spaces - and inactive cities that do not meet the criteria for deletion, should be moved out to the fringes of the Map - so if they start playing again one day, their city should not have vanished, and once they demonstrate that they are active, they should soon be moved back to the better-populated center of the Map.

On practice, it seldom happens that an active player fills the vacant spaces; these days those places are taken by 'newbies' - who can't offer much in the way of trades, and only about ten percent of whom continue playing after the initial euphoria. So instead of the center of the Map growing stronger and stronger in terms of neighbor help and trading - recently the opposite has been happening; strong players in one's neighborhood give up the game and they are replaced by weaker or inactive players.

Deletion has always happened in a spiral wave radiating out from the center of the Map - removing just as many players as they need room for.
This week the whole of Beta has seen massive deletions or 5 - 10% of neighbors (or at least three of my cities - which are widely separated - have experienced this).

I am watching eagerly - are they preparing for another 'Big Move'?

Happy New Year everyone!
:) :)

NOTE: There is DEFINITELY something on the go!

They are testing something - so next week's Tournament in Beta has been cancelled / postponed!! (see screenshot below).

48363076_10213111452281568_648133409897447424_n.jpg

The issue is being discussed in Beta - and you can follow comments from Community Manager Marindor here: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/next-tournament-timer-broken.12001/#post-67932

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

@Jackluyt IIRC the original intent was to do player movement weekly, which later changed to monthly, and then to whenever.
As for inactive but not deletable players moving "out", I don't think that has ever happened, and was just a feature we told the devs was needed for player movement to actually work.
I believe this is why they stopped doing sweeps weekly--there's no point.

My guess is that it's just an end of year flushing of inactive since it's been awhile. I know my neighbor 2 to the left has looked like this for over 2 years and is still there:
inactive3.jpg

He has a level 2 MA and BH, so I'm guessing that he didn't buy diamonds, which means he only exists because he has reached chapter 3. A very low bar if you ask me.

SoggyShorts

Here's some news from beta, but without any actual information!
Hi guys,
The shown info is indeed correct. We will be testing something else shortly and therefore the tournaments got postponed. More info will follow soon :)
That quote from the CM is regarding the 16-day timer until the next tournament starts!

Soooo something is happening that is major enough that they don't want the tournament to be running at the same time.

HJK84

Realllly curious now about whatever it is they will be testing that necessitates skipping a tourney. FA that involves combat? An event that makes use of lots of goods and/or troops? A brand new tournament system?

I hope it's not a PvP type game play option... cause that will just kill it for me... I got away from a PvP app on my cell (have mentioned alot about it).
I'm sure it will be fun for some, but really bad for most :eek:

DeletedUser9601

I hope it's not a PvP type game play option... cause that will just kill it for me... I got away from a PvP app on my cell (have mentioned alot about it).
I'm sure it will be fun for some, but really bad for most :eek:
I'd be surprised if there was a pvp or 'city attack' mechanic. They'd need to rework the game massively. They can't even get in game mail on the mobile device, so I can't see them devoting the sort of resources needed for this change when ktsi not even a change the player base is looking for.

Risen Malchiah

And in past Q&A events, Rike was pretty adamant about not having any pvp in the game. I wouldn't see how it could work at all either. As it is some might argue FA is too pvp-oriented when it comes to obtaining the prizes for placement rather than it being a threshold to be reached like tournaments. I mean how much would tournaments suck if your guild reached 10 chests and then were bumped to 9 at the last minute because another FS did more? :p

edeba

Sounds like lots of fun...

Maybe even fun diamond players would pay for...

edeba

Rumor on beta on reason for delay for announcement:

End of tournament, happy Fellowship Adventures every week.

Here's some news from beta, but without any actual information!

That quote from the CM is regarding the 16-day timer until the next tournament starts!

Soooo something is happening that is major enough that they don't want the tournament to be running at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.