• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What Would Be Your Favorite GoT Ending

Vergazi

Just a thought---If they ever have another series in that universe in the future of it there still could be dragons if ( I think this is true? ) the one sole female of the trio had placed some dragon eggs somewhere while the three were off on their own as they seemed to be often times: hunting, playing...or making dragon eggs?

I was pleased that the Iron Throne was unmade by the force that created it--dragonfire

DeletedUser

They were male, V.

Drogon, Rheagal, Viserion. All male.

There were rumors, stories, that either Vermax, or Meraxes, the Dragon of Queen Rhaenys Targaryen, may have hidden clutches of eggs somewhere, long ago...but these are only legends.

But, it's up to George RR Martin if there are future stories,

DeletedUser

oh, poop...:(

Emoticon-Evil-icon.png

Best. Reaction. Ever.

But seriously though, there were a lot of us convinced that Dany had found a fourth Dragon, a massive Dragon, maybe a descendant of Vermax, just going on Euron's expression in the preview for episode 5. Good thing she didn't though, because it would have been a bigger mess.

Keep in mind V, GRRM hasn't finished the books yet. The Winds Of Winter and A Dream Of Spring are still in the works, so we may discover other Dragons.

There's a comforting thought. :)

DeletedUser

Seriously
I think the sound that comes out of Drogon when he realizes that his mother is dead, and he knows why she's dead...that sound will stay with me forever. Don't let anyone tell you that he didn't understand.

The Iron Throne = The Elder Wand = The One Ring

Gath Of Baal

The last season in general and the last episode made me feel like I wasted 10 years of my life watching the show.. I mean really, It felt like such a rushed, fast paced mess with a few nice moments thrown into the mix just to keep you watching the show..

A few got off way to easy and a few who did nothing through the course of the journey ended up with everything..

Well at least there is Arya.. I am happy about that and the way it turned out for her, and I hope it leads to a new series just about her and her future adventures

After the final 2 episodes, I was left with the feeling that the many faced god was cheated :p

Alpha Lyrae

A few got off way to easy and a few who did nothing through the course of the journey ended up with everything..

I felt that way toward Bran. He's basically a seer. When did he earn the right, above Jon, to lead anything? I know he has the right to rule the North by blood, but still...ugh. His character didn't do anything for me really.

I would watching anything about Arya. Bring it, HBO!

Gath Of Baal

I felt that way toward Bran.

I felt this way about Him, Sansa and Sam..

All Sansa did was be a victim through out the whole series

All Sam did was get people killed who tired and help him because they knew he could not help himself.

Bran did nothing but tell people after the fact that they were exactly where they we supposed to be.

Poor Jon, he was never one of my favorites, but he got totally screwed over

Last edited:

Gath Of Baal

Agreed re: Sansa. Though she was part of one of my favorite scenes from season 7.

Yeah that one is probably her best scene in the entire series... Well that one and probably the one with Ramsey and the Dogs hehehehe.. She has got a mean streak to her. But the rest of the series she is a victim

DeletedUser19723

I read all the books, then I watched all the episodes on television. When it was all over on Sunday night, I felt flat. You know, like, "It's over? Really over?" The final scene with Drogon was so sad. His cries were terrible.

I wish that when Drogon flew off with Dany, he flew somewhere as yet discovered. Dany was brought back to life (or maybe she wasn't really dead after all?) healed in body, mind, and spirit. Perhaps in Arya's travels, she finds them. And there are more dragons, of course :)

I dearly hope GRRM decides to complete A Song of Ice and Fire, if not for his own satisfaction, then for all of us who have been waiting so long.

Alpha Lyrae

Yeah that one is probably her best scene in the entire series... Well that one and probably the one with Ramsey and the Dogs hehehehe.. She has got a mean streak to her. But the rest of the series she is a victim

Not only a victim, she was wilfully oblivious at times due to her ambition.

DeletedUser

All Sansa did was be a victim through out the whole series
who set Jon up to die. When she told Tyrion the truth, she knew exactly what she was doing. She knew the cards she was playing, and when she said, "what if there is someone better", she wasn't talking about Jon, she was talking about herself. She's no Stark, she's a Littlefinger.

Bran did nothing
to stop the slaughter of thousands of innocent people in King's Landing from a horrifying death. He saw it. All of it. He's seen his path for years, and at many points along that path, he could have stopped it. He could have stopped Dany when they were fighting the White Herring - er- Night King... But he chose not to. He's almost like Professor X but without the moral compass (and even his is a bit shaky as times in the comics). And now, "Bran the Broken" is the most powerful and dangerous person on that planet. If he finds Drogon's mind and can subvert the great Dragon's will, it won't matter that he can't sire heirs or get out of that damned chair...he won't have to. And Bronn knows this.

The hands of Sansa and Bran are just as bloody as those of Cersei and Daenerys.

That moment when Drogon is nuzzling his mum gave me the uncomfortable recollection of Thor clinging to Loki at the beginning of Infinity War.

why-me-icon.png

Glad this thread is here...I really need to vent, and my sister lives far away from me, so it's hard to vent together.

DeletedUser20951

I've been mulling it over off and on since I watched the final episode (which was as soon as I could; I forgot with a couple other eps and stumbled across major plot-point spoilers in THRICE-DAMNED ARTICLE TITLES). Season seven had disappointed me beyond retaining any shred of excitement and anticipation for how the series would conclude and I had already mourned its loss long ago, but there were some positives. The costume and set design, cinematography, and acting were all stellar, and I do feel a bit of sadness at what could have been and I don't believe I will ever forgive those in charge for not working out the budget, contracts, whatever, to allow for adequate time to wrap everything up decently. They blew what was possibly a once in several generations chance of a truly epic finale.

Sansa's evolution was the best delivered, likely because it was based on the life of Queen Elizabeth I (the writers did much better with a clear template to follow than creating their own). Many seem to believe that because she was utterly naive and ambitious, she almost deserved to be abused, but while I was never fond of her character, I certainly respected how she learned and grew and manipulated, navigating dangerous circumstances and working with what she had, in order to survive, and somehow managing to not lose sight of both the small and big picture. Her storyline felt the truest from beginning to end.

I thought the deaths of Cersei and Jaime, although poorly arranged to occur, were poignantly perfect for that screwed up relationship and there was a sense of rightness to Tyrion discovering their (ludicrously undisfigured, but I digress) bodies as he did.

Now, for the most erroneous negatives (I'd be up all night if I wanted to gripe about every one).

Euron and the crossbows. Cartoon character villain Euron and the fricking giant crossbows. Oh hey, need a dead dragon for plot purposes? Let's have everybody forget that these weapons exist and then miraculously remember that they have significant maneuverability limitations. Rubbish, the lot of it, and I don't know how any person with half a brain cell didn't shoot the idiotic idea down during conception, much less continue to support it until it reached the screen.

The decision making process of naming Bran the king was bafflingly and stupidly horrible, as well. That, and the assembly of the council, was like a fever dream straight out of a fan convention gathering, where all your favorite actors congregate and ad-lib a few lines on cue for the audience. None of that part of the script appeared to have been given any critical assessment. It was senseless, unrealistic, and completely asinine, enough so that I was confused for a bit and wondered if I had started hallucinating a gradeschool-level, novice writer's take on the show.

But where I believe there had been the greatest potential, which was squandered and failed at miserably, was the tale of Jon and Daenerys. It could have had the emotional impact of a two-ton sledgehammer, but they never had the faintest resemblance of chemistry, despite both performing their hearts out. They were thrown together to suit the story's direction, relying on our bird's eye witness of their separate journeys to foster it along. There was not a single moment when I was even briefly fooled into thinking these two pretty people had genuine love for one another, and the stabby scene had not an ounce of the sentimental value that Drogon's nuzzling did.

All in all, I was left with naught but vague disquiet and regret, yet even that is fading quickly into nothingness.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Euron and the crossbows. Cartoon character villain Euron and the fricking giant crossbows. Oh hey, need a dead dragon for plot purposes? Let's have everybody forget that these weapons exist and then miraculously remember that they have significant maneuverability limitations. Rubbish, the lot of it, and I don't know how any person with half a brain cell didn't shoot the idiotic idea down during conception, much less continue to support it until it reached the screen.

It's called "fridging".

They fridged Missandei too.

I can't even talk about that.

I don't believe I will ever forgive those in charge for not working out the budget, contracts, whatever, to allow for adequate time to wrap everything up decently.

LOL. D&D didn't give two poos about the show. Martin wanted to go another three to five seasons, HBO would have bought, but D&D decided to chop the series off at the knees because they want to go ruin Star Wars.

DeletedUser20951

LOL. D&D didn't give two poos about the show. Martin wanted to go another three to five seasons, HBO would have bought, but D&D decided to chop the series off at the knees because they want to go ruin Star Wars.
So they be the object of my disgust. I never looked up the reason behind the truncated and rushed conclusion (it was how it was gonna be and I didn't want to stew over something that wouldn't be changed), although I had noticed the wrath directed at these two and read that HBO wanted more episodes. No doubt they couldn't of been fired, but they sure as Hells should have been. Most popular, and deserving of that popularity, series ever up to the present time and this travesty happened because of a couple idiots? OFF WITH THEIR HEADS.

Vergazi

My favorite ending would be to throw out all of season 8 and begin from the end of season 7. Get in Peter Jackson or almost any writer/creator who gives 2 hoots about the craft of storytelling and we can relegate this last fake-season to the ashcan of cinematic history...or perhaps we can call it the "lost season." and include it in a special future dvd boxed set so we'll have something to laugh at after watching the ending that the series deserved.

Gath Of Baal

7 seasons of building up the Night King to only dedicate 1 episode to his demise.. I had to sit literally in front of my TV to see anything that was happening through out the battle.. They could have made a whole season just based on fighting the Army Of The Dead.