• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What Would Be Your Favorite GoT Ending

Gath Of Baal

I want to see Cersei win :p.. The last scene before it fades to black then the credits has to be Cersei sitting on the Iron Throne, she reaches up to her face, then smiles towards the camera, and starts to slide her face off.. End of series

Arya is my favorite character in the whole series followed closely by Podrick and Ser Davos... Everyone else can die in the final 6 episodes..

Oh wait.... Ghost cant die either, I like Ghost..

Arya has become quite the little killing machine, and in my opinion has the best storyline out of all of them.. I loved the interactions between her and the Hound when they were traveling together... Now that I said that, I wouldn't mind seeing the Hound survive either

EDIT: This thread now contains spoilers, since the show is over, and if you haven't seen the show yet or are behind in watching it, just be warned

Last edited:

Vergazi

I think the big surprise will be the Iron Throne is destroyed by dragonfire - unmade as it was made, and the larger kingdom will be broken up. The Stark kids, Danaerys and Jon will be rulers over their own domains in some fashion. Having said that Tyrion is the ultimate survivor and he might end up finding himself ruling even though he isn't inclined to do the work of ruling himself. Arya is my favorite story arc as well simply because she's gone through the greatest character growth and plus - she kicks butt. If she runs afoul of the faceless men they could end up taking her out. Bald advisor dude will end up serving the kingdom under whoever end up in charge...he serves the Land and not the rulers.

If any one these characters are already dead my defense is I don't have HBO and only see them much later and don't keep up with it in real time.

Last edited:

Gath Of Baal

If any one these characters are already dead my defense is I don't have HBO and only see them much later and don't keep up with it in real time.

The new and final season starts in a little over 2 weeks and everyone you mentioned is still alive..

Bald advisor dude will end up serving the kingdom under whoever end up in charge...he serves the Land and rot the rulers.

Varys is going to die.. the Red Witch already prophesized both hers and his death.. Daenerys Targaryen will die too just because everyone likes her..

I could see the Imp surviving

Last edited:

DeletedUser19483

I really want to see them all die and the dragons take over the world....BUT NOOO that won't happen(cries in corner)

DeletedUser

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what happens in the TV series unless Martin has written it in the books.

My favorite GOT ending is one that doesn't suck boulders. And gives me the great satisfaction of watching Jamie and Cersi receive the fates I feel they so very richly deserve.

I don't think it's safe for me to say much else on the forum, really. :p

Vergazi

What if in the last scene Varys is all alone in a throne room with corpses lying all about him and he quietly sits down on the throne and slowly peels off his face? ( not thinking Arya here of course, but assuming the Faceless Men have trained many members over the years surely they must be out in the World doing who knows what. )

Gath Of Baal

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what happens in the TV series unless Martin has written it in the books.

My favorite GOT ending is one that doesn't suck boulders. And gives me the great satisfaction of watching Jamie and Cersi receive the fates I feel they so very richly deserve.

I don't think it's safe for me to say much else on the forum, really. :p

I was reading a Yahoo article not to long ago about him getting ready to change his prior books to match what is out already on the show.. that to me is selling out.. If I can find the article again I will edit and link it for you to read...

I don't like Jamie Lannister but his character is one of the more developed ones and he has done a complete 180 from the first episode till the current

Gath Of Baal

I would appreciate that, sir.

I was reading a Yahoo article not to long ago about him getting ready to change his prior books to match what is out already on the show.. that to me is selling out.. If I can find the article again I will edit and link it for you to read...

Ah I misunderstood it... He is using what happens now to influence his last 2 books, and not change the rest he has already written..

I found the article, I don't think I can post an outside link on the forum or are we allowed to?

DeletedUser4968

I want to see Cersei or Jamie win. :eek: Jamie has change the most I think. o_O

DeletedUser20951

...I had so far fought off my natural inclination to rain all over parades, but I just came across an article that perfectly explained why, although I'll watch the last season because I prefer to finish stuff and did love the first six seasons, my excitement is zilch. Spoilers, of course, for anyone that isn't current with the show.

https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...ones-season-8-preview-hbo-last-season/586834/

Oh, right, and, yeah, I don't give a flying undead dragon who ends up sitting on the throne, hoping it has my favorite ending instead... Rocks fall and everybody dies. XD

DeletedUser23150

I've never watched it, but I can bet, by the way facebook is exploding, that nobody saw the actual ending coming.

DeletedUser

I've never watched it, but I can bet, by the way facebook is exploding, that nobody saw the actual ending coming.

I would rather the series be remade as a trilogy of feature films, with the same actors, done by any of the following three:

1. Peter Jackson. A properly Necromancer-y Night King, "Aragorn" Targaryan ( :p ), and Bran Stark done right (with the Director's Cut DvD having a special disc with the events seen through the eyes of the Dragons, voiced by James Earl Jones - Viserion; Gary Oldman - Rhaegal; and Jeremy Irons - Drogon). The Collector's Edition of the set would include a featurette about every known Dragon in the history of that world. :D

2. Russo Brothers ;)

3. David Yates and David Heyman. I'm not thrilled with everything they did with Harry Potter, but by Gods, it would at least be palatable. And the battle between The Night King and Jon Snow (as it should have been) would be comparable to the Last Duel between Harry and Voldemort. Dammit.

Anyway...whatever. GRRM has said that the tv series and the book series will end with the same person on the Iron Throne. He didn't say they'd be ruling. It's my honest, heartfelt opinion that

Daenerys will die on the Iron Throne

and after that, each of the Seven Kingdoms will stand on their own.

Gath Of Baal

GRRM has already said that he described his vision of how he wanted it to end, and for the most part HBO and D&D have followed his vision this season and except for the way it gets to the ending, the ending is what GRRM originally wanted..

The shows plotline so far this season has seemed very rushed even though the episode lengths are around 90 minutes, they are throwing to much into a season and it shows up in how fast paced each episode has been so far this year..

So far I am happy for the most part with some of the main character deaths, but a few got off way to easy compares to what was owed them..

DeletedUser

GRRM has already said that he described his vision of how he wanted it to end, and for the most part HBO and D&D have followed his vision this season and except for the way it gets to the ending, the ending is what GRRM originally wanted..

I've no argument with that.

The shows plotline so far this season has seemed very rushed even though the episode lengths are around 90 minutes, they are throwing to much into a season and it shows up in how fast paced each episode has been so far this year..

Exactly.

So far I am happy for the most part with some of the main character deaths, but a few got off way to easy compares to what was owed them..

I agree with this pretty much, although there are a few that really hurt me. They deserved far better than they got. But I agree with you totally about that last part there. I will say though that JL checked out pretty much exactly as I expected him to. Sure feel bad for Ser Brienne.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And that's a wrap. o_O

What the actors think:

Seriously, spoilers.
Reminds me of the cast comments about Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Alpha Lyrae

I'm kind of ok with the ending and where most characters landed. It's exactly how life happens. Through death, tragedy, loss, turmoil, all of it... life goes on. One thinks the world should stop because one's own life has imploded, but life continues, mundane responsibilities must be attended to, etc. That's kind of how the last episode felt to me. Perhaps a bit boring, but very real.

What bothers me most is Jon's story. Where he ended seemed like an afterthought. Unfinished. I dunno. Meh.