• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risen Malchiah

how long does event take to arrive at live world from beta usually?
i'm pretty new so wondering, are events (phoenix, summer solstice) back to back like this always? that's kinda exhausting somewhat...finding spaces to squeeze all workshops, factories to do events.....I guess you don't have to participate all events but who doesn't like free stuff? :)
The large month-long events are typically 4-5 times per year. Then there are typically smaller week-long events scattered between them. Nowadays it's pretty rare to not have anything happening for weeks at a time. Some people want more downtime. Others get bored. But you're right, it's hard to pass up an event. The hard part is saying goodbye to older stuff to make room for the new stuff. Early on, you move from chapter to chapter fairly quick. Later in the game, you're more likely to hold onto things longer.

Deleted User - 3932582

I just took a closer look at the quest list for the event. Man, this looks... difficult (as in difficult to complete fast). Brutal production quotas, need for provinces and upgrades, encounters (I am not even concerned with scouting, but some people obviously are) etc. I didn't check, but it feels like this is the hardest lineup in at least a year. And combine that with the meh grand prize...

There better be something really good in the dailies.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I just took a closer look at the quest list for the event. Man, this looks... difficult (as in difficult to complete fast). Brutal production quotas, need for provinces and upgrades, encounters (I am not even concerned with scouting, but some people obviously are) etc. I didn't check, but it feels like this is the hardest lineup in at least a year. And combine that with the meh grand prize...

There better be something really good in the dailies.
It appears this is the same event quest version as Dec 2017 'Glacier Giants' with more 'OR' options thrown in. But, iirc, we did not yet have the 'slot machine' chest rotation then, just the small, medium and large chests.

DeletedUser

I reached my breaking point last night, and I'm not doing any more of the sequential quests. I'll do the Dailies, I still want to level my Stonehenge of course, but I've had it with the monotony. :(

Not sure how far I'll go with this event when it hits Live.

It's kinds hard to do if you don't do the quests...

Seriously. "I want a decently levelled Stonehenge" and "I am only going to win 20% or so of the currency" does not compute.

I have done all of the sequential quests that I can afford to do. My goods and troops are depleted. The dailies so far have been less of a chore than the sequential quests. My Stonehenge is at level 4 right now, and with 15 days left, I can get a couple of more levels on it. I was never going to get it to 10 anyway, so if it ends up being 6 or 7, I'm perfectly happy with that.

Is that clearer? :p

Deleted User - 3932582

Ok, the strange spire building that was posted a short while ago on Facebook?

This is a Spire of Eternity, Elvenar's version of FoE's Guild Expeditions (check out the video, one of the screens with Elvenar's units and UI still says "Guild Expeditions" on top ;) )

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index....cenes-the-spire-of-eternity.10206/#post-60012

Coming to Beta right about now. I may want to finally create an account there ;)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Behind the Scenes: The Spire of Eternity

Dear Humans and Elves,

We are very happy to be able to share some early news about a brand-new, upcoming feature with you: the Spire of Eternity!

This new feature will be coming to Beta soon, but we'd already like to provide you with a sneak preview today. Check out the video below, where several members of Elvenar's development team give their exclusive insights into the development of the new feature they've been working on for the last months!

Keep your eyes open, because we will share more news very soon!

What do you think the feature will be like? Are you looking forward to it as much as we are? Let us know by posting in the discussion thread. We are very much looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
New in Beta World v 1.81 today!

Now you can see your Notifications when visiting friends - very handy for those players who only return visits to those who have visited them.

61908288_10214025672536503_2819768213053636608_n.jpg

hvariidh gwendrot

today being monday (colorado usa time) and a 2 week delay any mods out there wanting to announce a live release on summer solstice...with 2 day builds maybe a heads up on start would be good...yes yes this is beta and we livers shouldn't know it's coming but until there's no thread to read or players telling others it's a fact we know stuff ahead of time ) so how about that live start date ? 2 weeks is the 30th

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
As I have said in other threads, I do not like to look at the sequential quest list for an event until the first day it starts on the regular servers, but with all the talk of so many quests needing so much time to complete, I took a peek. Wow, 12 quests that require completing encounters, either map or tournament? 12? It is just a very good thing that this event starts during the steel tournament and includes the planks tournament. It still feels like this event came sooner than normal for the Summer event and I wonder now if this was part of their planning, giving it to us during the easier tournaments? If this event had not come until it was actually Summer, we would have had to complete these encounter quests during some of the hardest tournaments instead.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Still waiting on the return of the Glossy Garden. Mine are 6 chapters behind and it's been hard to justify keeping them. I was going to upgrade with RR but figured nah, they'll show up in Carnival, Phoenix or Solstice.... we shall see.

There was another garden like that one, but different coloring, that has never come back either. This game has so many culture-only event buildings that I am not sure they would ever bring them all back.

Status
Not open for further replies.