• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowella

I think there's a long way to go from "this event seems annoying and not all that worthwhile" to "the whole game is going to the dogs." It's possible, but I'm holding out hope that either they'll improve the event before it comes to live or if they don't they will learn from their mistakes for later events.

Speaking as a new player, the Evolution of the Phoenix event is probably why I kept playing beyond a few days and definitely the quality and fun of the event is why I decided to buy $5 worth of diamonds. Of course my $5 won't keep them in business, but I rarely spend on games, so if I'm spending others probably are too.

The Unbeliever

@The Unbeliever I'm only just entering Dwarves and my scouts take just over 9hrs so even though I am far from an end game player I can still feel your pain. I used up lots of time boosters to get through many quest and finished the sequential quests with about a day to spare. If I should stick around in this game until I'm in Constructs I shudder to think about dealing with scouting quests.

If I understand the general meaning of various comments on the forums about the way the game is changing it seems like it is becoming more like FoE. If that's the case how long is it until we are raiding each other's cities? If they do that it probably wouldn't make me QQ, but I definitely WILL NOT spend any money EVER on this game. As it is right now if I had the resources I probably would spend some, at least for builders, MA and a few expansions. Consider Inno that there are probably others in my position who are more than likely to be paying customers in the future...why piss off future customers as well as current ones. smh
This game won't ever become 'FoE lite', but we ARE getting more and more rough ports from FoE added into Elvenar;
- set buildings
- evolving buildings
- Fellowship Adventures being the world's $ittiest version of Guild Expiditions
- Sentient Goods basically being akin to FoE's 'Refined Goods'
- diamond farming via Wishing Wells

But actual PvP will never come into Elvenar. (so says Inno)

Still, expect to see other FoE basics such as perhaps the new Cultural Settlements -> Mars Colony features make their way over eventually. (ie: a small secondary city related to new chapter progression and/or a new side feature?!)
I'd also love to see us eventually get an event mini-game similar to the just finishing up Archaeology event. (ie: think something like 'minecraft lite')

Is anyone else bummed about there only being one newly designed building for the upcoming Summer Solstice event? With the phoenix event at least there were 3 evolving buildings to choose from making it slightly more interesting. But just one is bumming me out. New cool looking event buildings are my favorite part of this game. Admittedly there may be some new buildings peppered into the daily prizes that we don't about yet, but it's not highly likely they'll be valuable enough for me to find the space for them. (Is the Fruitful Fields new? I don't recognize it.)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Is the Fruitful Fields new? I don't recognize it.
It is present in the wiki under buildings for the "March of the Heards" event. https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=March_of_the_Herds#March_of_the_Herds_Buildings

Fruitful_fields.png

DeletedUser

I still have it in my second Beta city. In my main Beta, I've cleared out almost all of my stuff from March of the Herds, and I'm disenchanting all of these buildings in this event, except in the newest test cities.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It is present in the wiki under buildings for the "March of the Herds" event.

Took me a few minutes to find where the posts in the thread went to. I thought at first they were deleted, but then I found it merged into the Beta thread. Which makes sense since this event is still only on Beta.

Anyway, I did not look back that far and I do not remember it from that event, so I probably did not win one. I also do not have a single building still that I got from the Herds event. I know several of the Herds buildings have been brought back in various events since then, but I wonder which others will show up again for the first time since then like this one? I would like to see the Cozy Farm again and it's numbers post-Halfling. It is 4300 pop and 8500 culture in Halflings, so I would love to see the Constructs numbers for it. I wonder if anyone who got one back then while in Halflings, still has it and has upgraded it?

Also, after looking at the original buildings from the Herds event, not a single one of them gave mana or seeds, so we will hopefully see new buildings for that at least.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I know several of the Herds buildings have been brought back in various events since then, but I wonder which others will show up again for the first time since then like this one? I would like to see the Cozy Farm again and it's numbers post-Halfling.

The first daily prize for the solstice is the first grand prize of the March of the Herds event. It is very likely that the other grand prizes will be there too.

To answer the other question, you can look up the Cozy Farm in elvenarchitect. It has the population per square of a rainbow unicorn, with about twice the culture per square.

Last edited:

Heymrdiedier

For the Beta players, why not try and bombard Inno with the following;
'In Forge of Empires, during events, quests that demand a player "research a technology" or "scout/acquire a province/gain X sectors" will automatically be completed by players who have finished the full tech tree/completed the entire campaign map.

Surely it be easily doable to bring the same coding to Elvenar to allow any player who has finished the full tech tree to auto complete any "research a tech" quests, and/or auto complete any quests that demand "scout X province/s" for anyone who has pushed beyond the final expansion province?'

This is BS that Inno can't make the same damn thing work here...

they can make this work, and they have made this possible in the past. as soon as you had the ancient wonders tech completed of the last chapter, this quest autocompleted. Now the problem was that they forgot to update the last chapter over and over when a new chapter arrived. Resulting in the quest autocompleting if you had ancient wonders unlocked of the previous chapter or even the one before it.
So how i see it, they wanted to get rid of the manual thing they kept forgetting about, and they added the OR part to the quests. I'm pretty sure thats the only reason why it is like it is now, and no longer autocompleting.

Also i wouldnt like you're suggestion about full tech tree compared to ancient wonders tech that it was before. I really dont want to research all those optional squadsize upgrades. id rather they allowed me to unresearch some of those :)

Pheryll

Set Designer
So how i see it, they wanted to get rid of the manual thing they kept forgetting about, and they added the OR part to the quests. I'm pretty sure thats the only reason why it is like it is now, and no longer autocompleting.

For a long time they kept the OR from being scouting. Scouting OR tech for those who completed the tech tree means days (reducible by time instants) OR impossible. If the day requirement is long enough, then you are forced to use the time instants in order to complete the quests.

Heymrdiedier

For a long time they kept the OR from being scouting. Scouting OR tech for those who completed the tech tree means days (reducible by time instants) OR impossible. If the day requirement is long enough, then you are forced to use the time instants in order to complete the quests.
in case you missed it, todays beta update added a 3rd OR to that quest: collect 15 vision vapor. So i guess ill be making useless stuff in MA soon :)

DeletedUser22511

https://elvengems.com/solstice/evolving-buildings/

i'm just looking at event that will come up in live worlds after beta....
just noticed Stonehenge isn't worth that much for me (in chapter 3)
I will probably go for other grand prizes and daily prizes with pop/cul
what about you guys?

also how long does event take to arrive at live world from beta usually?
i'm pretty new so wondering, are events (phoenix, summer solstice) back to back like this always? that's kinda exhausting somewhat...finding spaces to squeeze all workshops, factories to do events.....I guess you don't have to participate all events but who doesn't like free stuff? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.