• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

When Art Fails to Intersect Life - An Exercise in Nitpickery

DeletedUser3468

Lol Sheianna, do you have the animations turned off? I do, but I have a very good desktop computer too though!

I don't think so but I've finally figured out how to zoom it out (yes, even with Chrome) to get a really good look at the full backdrop and now I'm really feeling cheated by the placement of the city grid. We're hanging off the cliff at the top (North?) yet we have at least two full grids worth of unusable space available at the bottom (South) that if the city grid were better positioned (as in moved one or both of those wasted non grid spaces) we'd be able to see the really awesome artwork... the turtle, the rocks on the bottom of the sea/lake, the cliff faces that are submerged. What a waste of an amazing illustration!:(

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yeah that's why I quit the beta, we would tell them about bugs and they would fix them in the next update and still let the bugs go out to live instead of fixing them before hand. Beta usually only gets the update a week before live so they don't have enough time to fix any bugs before they go to live,.They should give 3 or 4 weeks in between the time upgrades come to beta and go out to live so they could actually fix it before the bugs get to live, but I don't see that happening.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm amused that someone decided to make a path over the edge of a cliff (ladder?) instead of following a nice slope nearby that would be easy to traverse.

upload_2019-7-3_10-34-14.png

Pheryll

Set Designer
I'm amused that someone decided to make a path over the edge of a cliff (ladder?) instead of following a nice slope nearby that would be easy to traverse.

View attachment 6136

Looks like the path is headed down a switchback to me. If you hike mountains you will see this quite often. The path down might look dangerous from the distance, but when you are right there and able to look down, you see exactly how feasible it really is.

Pheryll

Set Designer
If only there were anything in the way of the smooth path that warranted creating a switchback a couple of hundred feet away.....
From the way I see it, the smooth path is still over a hundred foot drop and the city grid is still extending beyond the cliff in that small area.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So you are ssuming that htere is yet another, invisible, cliff edge running paralel to the path between the residence on the right and the primary cliff edge? Or are you postulating that people go down another cliff before they get to the path where the supposed switchback exists? So instead of coming up a smooth hill and then over an invisible cliff, they've chosen to come up a switchback and then over the invisible cliff? I feel like you're grasping at straws. It was an odd choice for where to put the path down.
upload_2019-7-3_13-1-51.png

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Here's a city with a better view of the north edge. There is no reason to reason to imagine an invisible cliff. They could have just done a smooth curve at the top and ended up in exactly the same place.
upload_2019-7-3_13-10-11.png