• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

When Art Fails to Intersect Life - An Exercise in Nitpickery

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'm even more surprised there is a path at all considering it doesn't actually lead to the city. Whoever heard of a path stopping a few hundred feet from a populated area? The thing is, it's a path because it's used and if it's used it means those using it are coming from somewhere -- like the city?

AJ

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I really like it now that I can see it all without any zoom. This is the most encouraging development in recent time. I'm really glad to feel like it has been put to rest whether we are nearing the end. There are more than enough new directions I can imagine from such a fundamental change. I am really intrigued by the turtle :cool:

FYI, onions in any form are sickening to me :eek: Makes eating out a challenge :(

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm even more surprised there is a path at all considering it doesn't actually lead to the city. Whoever heard of a path stopping a few hundred feet from a populated area? The thing is, it's a path because it's used and if it's used it means those using it are coming from somewhere -- like the city?
That doesn't bother me at all. Natural paths rarely have a clearly-defined start. There is a spot on the cliff wall that is desirable for traversing. People will approach from different angles, so the path will start to wear and become visible at the point where the largest number reach it, then become most clearly defined at the point where people no longer have any choice of approach. The path fading as it approaches the city is perfectly logical.

Now that you've got me looking in detail, what's bugging me is that the shadows of the trees are inconsistent, and the buildings at the edge of the city do not have shadows at all. The largest portion of the trees that are fairly consistent, but some appear to be shorter and at a slightly different angle, while others have no shadow at all. In particular, almost none of the palm trees (along with a couple of the deciduous trees on the bottom left) have any shadows at all, although umbrellas beside them do.

DeletedUser20951

perfectly logical answer to a challenge
I'm glad to have provided you with an easy one (intentional). I thought about about identifying the various ways my statement could be wrong and right, depending on logic, but I knew you could do it for me. Whee!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Toward the object of the strongest effective gravitation pull where you are is down. Away from that gravity source is up. To tell which is you just stop moving (come to 0 inertia) and see toward what you start moving. You will be "falling" down.

Other than that there is not down or up. Sigh.

AJ