• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire of Eternity feedback

GlamDoll

Well...I am not really sure about this whole "feedback" concept. I have been a gamer for over 30 years now, and if I had a dollar for every time I read comments about (people complaining about others complaining, etc) I would be sitting pretty.

Needless to say, whether I am complaining, etc, or not...I still stand by my last and only post, (til now) I have ever made on this games forum.

I have never been able to fathom why companies, especially those in the entertainment business, repeatedly opt for the, "let's insult and/or verbally attack, etc" the very ones that they are looking to make money from...it must make the bean-counters job a pita!

As for The Spire, I am really hoping it is a feature that I can look forward to doing, sooner instead of later, or never >.>.

My take from all I have read in this thread thus far? I am penalized on three fronts...

A: I am only in Fairies, so my troops, goods, etc is beyond a joke for it.
B: My Wonders (In one of my other cities) is making me wonder why I even built and are leveling them, now.
(They look cool, but they take sooo much space, and now they are "hurting" me in Spire too?)
C: But it gets better after that (to quote Gimli), because I stayed at a lower tech level and used KP's to level my Wonders, I am hearing I am a cheater, etc.

Seriously, it makes it sound like it is my fault (and anyone else's, that has similar strategy)....This IS outrageous!

Result: I can either get on the forums, and add my 2 cents. Except it and keep my mouth shut. Or just quit the game.

It is never a good time for me, when I feel like I am backed into a corner, and have been put into a situation that I shouldn't even be in.

I understand we have BETA players that INNO refused"?" to listen to, and now we have The Spire live...with it dead in the water, at least for me.

When I first saw the artwork for this game, I did a jaw-drop, and still do. I love this game. I have over 25 cities. It is a shame, that I can't have the same awe for the events & game's content, like I have for the amazing art!!!!

I want to though :(
EZ
TL/DR: This is not cool!

The Unbeliever

Yes. That's it in a nutshell. And we're still complaining.
Most insulting of all: we not only were aware of the complete levels of BS within about 3min of playing the Spire, and then figured out how to decently balance it after about 10-15min of some basic thinking & being able to at least add 2+2=4...

Elvenar devs on the other hand think they've got the balance "just right", as evidenced by comments being made by the beta CM's. >.<

DeletedUser3602

Well I just finished the thing. End result: 3 out of the 5 Moonstone buildings (with 1 duplicate), 1 Dwarven Armory and a whole lot of instants, cc's and fragments (that I personally don't need). It cost me an enormous amount of resources & timers and quite some diamonds (PLEASE give us a way to activate or win a fourth turn for Diplomacy). I can spare all of that stuff, because I've been done with the tech tree for a while now and have loads of wishing wells, but won't be playing the Spire until the end anymore anytime soon. I can only imagine how disappointing the Spire is for players that still need to develop their cities, :(

Black watch

A few people here do have some perspective and have offered some constructive ideas for Inno to probably ignore. But most comments in this thread, as well as in other threads, are "whine, whine, whine" or "bitch, bitch, bitch" or "hate, hate, hate". And I am sure some of them will quit the entire game just because of the Spire. And some will quit because the "random" quests in the Mermaids event "ruined" the game for them. Just like others quit because they could not handle cycling through the FA quests before we got the current system. And others quit because the Orcs chapter was too tough or ugly or whatever. But all of them would have found something else to quit over because that is just how people work when the are already getting tired of something.

Yes, but (there's always a but and sometimes a butt -not you-)
I want to be clear from my perspective.
I agree with you that INNO will probably ignore most or even all of the suggestions, at least for years, (case in point, how long did it take them to fix the FA collection system?)
As far as the whining or bitching... people that do that, I think are cutting to the chase and what's in their mind, is often not fully expressed by the written word. It's well known that chat/notes of any kind are easily misunderstood and often taken the wrong way due to the format. We can't see the expressions of a person's face or hear the tone of voice being used and that invites misunderstandings and a quick escalation of emotions (read the posts preceding this note as example).
So it seems to me that the whining/bitching is an expression of frustration of a person upset with something they enjoy- giving pain or disappointment in some way.
The spire, events that have changed for the worse, whatever... is effecting THEIR play of a game they used to enjoy thoroughly. This is a good game and when we see something not right, it's like watching our favorite TV show and seeing a character do something you know from experience, is wrong, it's upsetting... they are venting and hoping, in this case, INNO will do something about it.
Perhaps they are doing it poorly or even badly, but to me, it looks like a cry for help.
They want to play games, to have fun. Perhaps as a way to deal with pressing reality issues... escapism.
Some folks have a lower threshold or patience level due to how they are or their experience level. Some are stubborn thinking INNO will change and by golly, they'll stick it out until they do. Whatever the case, people are varied and it takes all kinds... I like that we're all different, it sure would be a different world if it wasn't so.
So Enevhar, though I quoted your post- I wanted to address what you've said above- but I'm not laying at your feet all the other posts that followed that expressed frustrations etc, on you. I valued your responses and posts just as much as others and then by default, I'm not trying to limit other's from expressing themselves either.
The Forum is a great way to pass ideas, information's of all kinds and even vent some emotions, especially when we feel so strongly about this game we've devoted so much time into.
It's a good game... often times we wish it could be better and we hope the developers will address our concerns and notes. So many things have been said and commented on and perhaps, someday, INNO will "fix" something else.
Personally, I think the Spire could be fun and a great addition to the game. As it stands, it's so debilitating for everyone, that it's unusable due to its huge effect on other aspects of the game and I have to say, fairly mediocre prizes compared to the resources expended.
Perspective and scale are needed. Some sort of compromise that addresses the problems and yet keeps the game challenging.
I like a challenge, but when the challenge becomes stressful and oppressive, it removes the reason I play the game.
Real life is a bitch... sometimes so much so, that I want to distance myself from it, to rest. When a game used for that purpose, stops being a haven, then the haven just adds to your pain and stress. There is no escape, just more...
I would suggest to everyone, that emotions, due to this game and LIFE, can be high at times and perspective, kindness and tolerance is perhaps needed when we see a person expressing their obvious frustrations with what they used to really enjoy.
Lastly, I enjoy the variety of comments and perspectives the many forum users post. It's healthy and even entertaining.
Thank you all for the time it takes you post information on what we all have gathered around... INNOs city building game.

DeletedUser16929

So...basically this is telling us we're being penalized for levelling wonders? Which wonders should we demolish then? Why is this a question we should be asking?

Seriously, take that factor out of this right now.

I feel like I've pretty much fallen for a trap of even participating in this. It won't happen again next week till this is changed.
i feel the same way! :mad::mad::(:(:eek::(:(:mad::mad:

shimmerfly

I like a challenge, but when the challenge becomes stressful and oppressive, it removes the reason I play the game.
Real life is a bitch... sometimes so much so, that I want to distance myself from it, to rest. When a game used for that purpose, stops being a haven, then the haven just adds to your pain and stress. There is no escape, just more...
I would suggest to everyone, that emotions, due to this game and LIFE, can be high at times and perspective, kindness and tolerance is perhaps needed when we see a person expressing their obvious frustrations with what they used to really enjoy.
Lastly, I enjoy the variety of comments and perspectives the many forum users post. It's healthy and even entertaining.
Thank you all for the time it takes you post information on what we all have gathered around... INNOs city building game.

Well said. Thank YOU!

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
After taking a breath and trying a few more encounters in the spire I think why I am so upset is that it is way out of balance in respect to the battles. The squad sizes are way too large after the first map (after the first boss) that fighting isn't even possible sometimes with the enemy troop selection over two waves and is over the top for troop losses in general. While I found catering (convincing) wasn't to bad for losses (but had to use diamonds for an extra try almost every time) I think an extra guess should be added after there are 6 good to offer.
I think it should be easier for the battles to actually be a choice, because I found that the way it is now there is no choice but to use convince feature as the battles are overwhelming. I am also upset because this was already pointed out to the Dev's on beta, but they didn't bother to address this before bringing it to live and I find that unacceptable! I am also upset because I know from previous issues with features that this probably wont be fixed for years (if ever) unless we all just stop playing it.

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
My take from all I have read in this thread thus far? I am penalized on three fronts...

A: I am only in Fairies, so my troops, goods, etc is beyond a joke for it.
B: My Wonders (In one of my other cities) is making me wonder why I even built and are leveling them, now.
(They look cool, but they take sooo much space, and now they are "hurting" me in Spire too?)
C: But it gets better after that (to quote Gimli), because I stayed at a lower tech level and used KP's to level my Wonders, I am hearing I am a cheater, etc.

My beta town is on fairies and it had a better time of it then my end tech town. My beta town also has stayed at low chapters and levelled up wonders higher than intended (was made obvious when GA got gutted). I had to use convince in tower but was able to do it ok in first 2 maps, dont believe it was sustainable but enough for a dabble every now and then.

My end tech town is a different matter. With maxed out sanctuary an unleashed unit upgrade and a fire phoenix and it is still very tough going. Troop losses are painful in the least with squads over triple my world map size. Auto fight is near impossible unless I get very lucky with opposition troops and I have better odds of winning a convince on round 1 then amazing enemy troop combination. So I am forced to manual battle if I choose to battle, that is time consuming and for many players manual battle is not an option. Convince costs a fortune and currently as end tech is only palatable when it asks for sentient goods, orcs, seeds and mana as I have those to spare as a result of end tech. While I can make plenty of gold and coins the luck involved can see those deplete quickly and any instants I win can't compensate for the losses so it is only a temporary fix until I run out of instants.

I understand we have BETA players that INNO refused"?

Inno did not refuse the beta players, they listened and they adjusted. Its why convince is not as horrendous as it initially was. They also increased some of the prizes as a part of that process. People are either unaware of those facts or doing inno a disservice by ignoring them. The next major piece to the puzzle was revealed on beta recently, the statistics are showing promising despite the complaining. Which leaves one very simple option for players, if you don't like it then don't play it. Let the stats drop and reflect how you feel, if they see the participation is low in the spire or sections of it then we will see a change, and yes it will take time for the stats to prove it. But as long as people keep pushing through the spire despite the issues then nothing will be resolved because the statistics will show player like it despite the complaints. In short, actions speak louder than words.

GlamDoll

My beta town also has stayed at low chapters and levelled up wonders higher than intended

Perhaps I should do that for my city...but, I already did that with one of my other cities, and she had her arse handed to her, and I lost a lot! It will take me a good long while, to recover. And I keep hearing about how Wonders increase the difficulty (And it would seem it carries validity, from my experience.) YMMV.

Like SS does for the Tourneys. As for the rest of your point regarding your end tech town, that is good to know, and thank you so much for sharing this pro tip....I will play accordingly, and camp out even longer than I had planned, at lower tech levels. I don't have the space for the massive quest races at later chapters anyway.

Inno did not refuse the beta players, they listened and they adjusted.

As you can see, it was a question on my part. Regarding to what extent Inno listened, etc., I have no way of knowing, other than what the general consensus is, not barring my own perspective and experience...of course, things that have already been said, goes without saying.

People are either unaware of those facts or doing inno a disservice by ignoring them.

I do not know of who(m) you are referring to, but I am more concerned about the disservice to myself & playstyle. I thought I had expressed myself eloquently regarding this matter.

if you don't like it then don't play it.

Yes, I already came to my 3 options in my previous post. I can either add my 2 cents. Except it and shut up. Or no longer play it.
I have already resolved myself to save my troops, etc, for my city and tournaments.

In short, actions speak louder than words

Indeed!!! And the only thing that speaks even louder than that is???? Drum-roll please....Is money talks & BS walks. As I referenced in my first post, Gillette and Disney have had their expectations subverted, and are reporting huge losses in regards to earning profits.

In conclusion, thanks for taking time to not only read my posts, but to reply to me as well....I don't have anything else to offer in this thread, I'll just act like the new game content isn't for me. The prizes are lackluster anyway, for what it costs me, anyway....

At least I can enjoy the lovely art work. :)

The Unbeliever

Inno did not refuse the beta players, they listened and they adjusted. Its why convince is not as horrendous as it initially was. They also increased some of the prizes as a part of that process. People are either unaware of those facts or doing inno a disservice by ignoring them. The next major piece to the puzzle was revealed on beta recently, the statistics are showing promising despite the complaining. Which leaves one very simple option for players, if you don't like it then don't play it. Let the stats drop and reflect how you feel, if they see the participation is low in the spire or sections of it then we will see a change, and yes it will take time for the stats to prove it. But as long as people keep pushing through the spire despite the issues then nothing will be resolved because the statistics will show player like it despite the complaints. In short, actions speak louder than words.
To be fair though, the main complaint as voiced in near unison by the players was;
'These costs are insane - everything is like 300x more costly than our basic squad sizes - it's impossible to even begin to recoup those ruinous losses!'

Inno's response was;
'We decreased the squad sizes by 20% guys!'
So, in reality, 20% of 300% overcosted reduces it to a still eye-wateringly stupid 240% overcost what it should be.
(same deal with the negotiation part - yeah, they decreased the costs by 20-50%, but when it starts out at even worse than the military costs, it's still unsustainable for 95% of the player base.;))

So sure, Inno listened...
Too bad it's at best just barely cosmetic vs. any actual balance. >.<

As you say, the best thing we can all do is to just ignore this feature even exists for the time being, and hope that numbers plummet so hard that the devs are forced to pull their heads outa their backsides and adjust this thing properly.

Buttrflwr

I completely finished the Spire. My prize for defeating the final boss? It was either a 5 or 10% Portal profit. :eek: I did receive a dwarven armorer, and a moongate for the MANY troops I killed, but other than that it was spell fragments and some time instants and a few, a VERY few, CC. For me, it is just not worth it at this point. I still like the concept, but for what I spent, it is just not worth it. At least not for me. I am pretty sure my AW killed me in the spire, though the mysterious way it is all calculated still eludes me, and from what I have read, the rest of the Land of Elvenar. I "may" play one level per week, but I will not again go all the way through it until the fix the costs somewhat. I don't want something for free (though that would be GREAT) :D but I also don't want to cause mass murder in my troops. ;) And don't get me started on convince, I don't gamble. (anymore) :oops:

GlamDoll

It would seem that I was in error regarding this thread...YES!!!!! I am extremely engrossed in where Elvenar is "heading", and whether or not I should just throw in the "towel" now!! Or wait, and see if it gets a course correction or not. Perhaps I should go back to playing Pharaoh/Cleopatra, Master of Orion, Civilazation, Starcraft, Morrowind...etc...............................................

Last edited:

DeletedUser1766

I do not usally post here but I did wish to write about this new feature. I was enjoying the challenge even though the prizes I got were very ordinary but my problem with it is the timing. I have just realised that I only have 14 hours left and I have hit another 12 hour wait at the second last doorway in level 3. That means I will not be able to finish this tower. I have a life and in 12 hours time I will be doing life stuff and not able to play so I will miss the end. I found all the wait times a little too long, The 2 hours were not bad but the 9 hour and 12 hour waits in a timed event were extremely annoying. I could spend diamonds to break the wait but I do not waste money like that it is too hard to get.

Clearly this event is meant to ganers who have nothing to do in life except play. I think you should reduce the waiting times for the gates. I also think your negotiation costs are way too high. I fought because I could not afford to pay the sentient goods cost let alone the normal goods cost. I have come close to quitting this game a few times even though I like it. I still think your other game Forge of Empires does things so much better. I have noticed that you keep trying to do some of the same things in this game recently but you always make the costs too high here.

If you want this spire to function well and be loved then you need to reduce the gate waiting times and reduce the goods cost for negotitation. Other wiase it will just be a pretty building.