• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire of Eternity feedback

Alistaire

Well, this could partially explain why I am encountering fights that I have no possibility of winning, but that statement from the beta mod you provided really takes the insulting cake.

"we discourage players from unintended and borderline exploitative play styles, such as staying on Chapter 4 and ONLY improving Ancient Wonders and Relic Boost."

Okay, so it's considered officially "exploitative" to work hard at leveling your own Wonders and bolstering your relic stash? Great, way to go in slapping us around for diligence, Inno.

Edit (clarification on why I find the idea so offensive): What truly needs to be cracked down on are all of the players who create numerous dummy accounts just to pump KP into their main city, not the ones playing the game ethically and upgrading their Wonders without cheating.

So...basically this is telling us we're being penalized for levelling wonders? Which wonders should we demolish then? Why is this a question we should be asking?

Seriously, take that factor out of this right now.

I feel like I've pretty much fallen for a trap of even participating in this. It won't happen again next week till this is changed.

DeletedUser20951

So...basically this is telling us we're being penalized for levelling wonders? Which wonders should we demolish then? Why is this a question we should be asking?
YES. This is a much more coherent way of putting it. Dude, we're not supposed to be upgrading our Wonders? Any benefits for the effort we've put in to do so is "exploitative" and should be nullified? What foul reimagining of the meaning of proportional rewards for your toil is this?!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
First, a little qualifying note. I do think that after the first level/first boss fight, the Spire scales up way too much and is much too hard for anyone, regardless of chapter or Wonders or whatever. But come on everyone. This game is supposed to be a challenge. The Spire, the big events, the Fellowship Adventures, the tournament in the later stages, figuring out how to arrange your city without being able to rotate or store buildings. The only thing in this game that I expect to be easy are the 10 to 14 day-long mini-events that are meant for players of all chapters to be able to complete. If you want everything in the game to be as easy as the mini-events, then maybe another game would be better for you. But acting like the entire game is ruined just because of the Spire or because of specific tasks within an event is ridiculous. So please try to keep some perspective on everything.

Alistaire

Challenge is fine. Challenge that penalizes good play is not. If it's tougher for me because of playing better (not necessarily me, just in general), why wouldn't the rewards be better?

Also it's a bit ironic to strawman this argument into "acting like the entire game is ruined" then asking people to have perspective. Nobody's saying the whole game is wrecked; just the spire.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Challenge is fine. Challenge that penalizes good play is not. If it's tougher for me because of playing better (not necessarily me, just in general), why wouldn't the rewards be better?

Also it's a bit ironic to strawman this argument into "acting like the entire game is ruined" then asking people to have perspective. Nobody's saying the whole game is wrecked; just the spire.

A few people here do have some perspective and have offered some constructive ideas for Inno to probably ignore. But most comments in this thread, as well as in other threads, are "whine, whine, whine" or "bitch, bitch, bitch" or "hate, hate, hate". And I am sure some of them will quit the entire game just because of the Spire. And some will quit because the "random" quests in the Mermaids event "ruined" the game for them. Just like others quit because they could not handle cycling through the FA quests before we got the current system. And others quit because the Orcs chapter was too tough or ugly or whatever. But all of them would have found something else to quit over because that is just how people work when the are already getting tired of something.

Deleted User - 3932582

So...basically this is telling us we're being penalized for levelling wonders?
There is not enough information to make that determination. Just because AW levels are factored into difficulty doesn't mean that leveling is not a good deal, especially when it was stated that AW levels are not a significant determinant of difficulty.

This is not really different from chapter progress and tournaments. Fighting and negotiating in tournaments is a lot more expensive in chapter 14 than it is in chapter 4, yet most players don't consider that tournaments penalize chapter progress as benefits generally outweigh the costs (unless strictly farming points as part of FS).

DeletedUser20951

But all of them would have found something else to quit over because that is just how people work when the are already getting tired of something.
This is true, but to keep piling poorly designed features on top of numerous unaddressed issues, pushing even the most dedicated to the edge, is unacceptable and the answer isn't to remain mum on it. Suggesting otherwise devalues anybody expressing their opinion.

Alistaire

Telling people to shut up is different than complaining about their complaining. Or are you saying that a counter-protest to a protest should not be allowed?
Who's telling anyone to shut up? The closest is me saying you're strawmanning my argument. And you are. That's not telling you to shut up; that's pointing out the fallacy you're using against what I'm saying. Make a better argument.

DeletedUser20951

they were telling you to shut up even less than I was
Thank you for your confirmation on this. I was beginning to suspect I had posted something completely different from what I remembered posting (and went back to confirm to have actually posted, as the response didn't match my relative civility). XD

Queen Draggon

because ur going way over board its uncalled for, and taking away from what this thread is for, stop being so aggressive!!!!
FYI. I never yelled, so now ur accusing for what reason? It seems that all u want to do is argue, and be aggressive and almost hateful. No one needs nor cares for it. I asked u nicely to stop being so aggressive, yet u just continue anyway! Its pointless and unnecessary!