• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire of Eternity feedback

Queen Draggon

I had considered trying to go a bit farther then the first floor, but, then I saw that all of a sudden the squad size out ranked mine by nearly 1k :(
I knew before I threw them away to not even try, as I knew with that kind of sudden swing I wasn't going to get thru it at all. My city is mostly set up for fighting and I put in my all in Tourneys, our FS gets 10 chests a week and its not difficult to do, nor taxing on my city in any way. Which is exactly the way I like it.
Trying to do the Spire too would destroy that completely and I just can't do that.
Also I live on a VERY strict, small, fixed income, so buying diamonds isn't something I can do but once in a great while. So I cannot throw away what I get from wishing wells and such. It just makes me sad that this was clearly meant for some players but definately not all.........................

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
On the squad size thing, all the fights on the first floor had my Spire squad size below my actual squad size, which is 3984. That is all squad size upgrades from all 14 chapters, but I do not have either AW built that boosts squad size, or anything else that does that I know of. The first fight of the second floor gives me a Spire squad size of 6677 and an enemy squad size of 6717, which would be fine if not for all the fights being at least two waves. And I can only guess that the squad sizes continue to grow the further I go?

Quoting myself here because I went back and looked at AWs and everything else and the AWs I thought raised squad size actually raise training size. That is what happens when you look at stuff late at night. lol

Anyway, is there even anything in the game that modifies squad size other than the researches?

DeletedUser16929

After taking a breath and trying a few more encounters in the spire I think why I am so upset is that it is way out of balance in respect to the battles. The squad sizes are way too large after the first map (after the first boss) that fighting isn't even possible sometimes with the enemy troop selection over two waves and is over the top for troop losses in general. While I found catering (convincing) wasn't to bad for losses (but had to use diamonds for an extra try almost every time) I think an extra guess should be added after there are 6 good to offer.
I think it should be easier for the battles to actually be a choice, because I found that the way it is now there is no choice but to use convince feature as the battles are overwhelming. I am also upset because this was already pointed out to the Dev's on beta, but they didn't bother to address this before bringing it to live and I find that unacceptable! I am also upset because I know from previous issues with features that this probably wont be fixed for years (if ever) unless we all just stop playing it.
Please, Inno listen to what we say, for there will only be an echo when we are gone! :D:D:):):p:):):D:D

Queen Draggon

Quoting myself here because I went back and looked at AWs and everything else and the AWs I thought raised squad size actually raise training size. That is what happens when you look at stuff late at night. lol

Anyway, is there even anything in the game that modifies squad size other than the researches?

Shrewdy Shroom does and Dwarven Bullwark and your Armories do too :)

The Unbeliever

Shrewdy Shroom does and Dwarven Bullwark and your Armories do too :)
No - those increase your training size, ie: the number of troops you can build in each slot through your barracks/training grounds/merc camp.
Only way thus far for the actual in-battle, deployed Squad Size to increase is via the 'Squad Size Upgrade' techs.

As for the Spire... can we just remove from the game please?
I'm sorry devs, but you guys fethed this one up royally. There's no point sugar coating it, it sucks the fun out of the game. It's a blaitently obvious diamond trap, and you must obviously think us all a bunch of slobbering, zombie'fied idiots who will just dump our wallets into this stupid, lame turd.

Deleted User - 1178646

Spent 100's of :diamond: to convince.
Was able to fight a few times, even in the 2nd Spire. (Only had 1 UUU run' for Tournament)
Only 1 gate left in 3rd Spire for Boss level, but timer will run out before it opens. And won't be spending more :diamond: to open it.

Ideas;
Imo. this is a Event, for players who do not play Tournaments, weekly.
These players have tons of Troops and Goods just stock piling for "no" reason, and the Spire "might" be a fun place for them to have fun in. Because players who don't partake in Tournaments, are mostly playing alone, without a FS. Same as the Spire, a place to play alone and advance in ;)

D: Higher the output of the Moonstone Library Set, by a huge margin. Or Change it. Or offer another Set, cause as I said before, this Set is quite useless for committed Tournament players. I know the Set is quite small and looks cool (imo.), sad at the bonus' offered by it though :(

First people who don't like tournaments, also don't like the spire, in general these are pacifist players who don't wanna fight anyway.
I assume thats what they ment with catering another group of players, but I doubt that group even exists in large enough numbers, there will always be some random person who likes it for no apparent reason.

second, you underestimate the moonstone set, the only problem with it is that it takes a decade to aquire a proper one.
If every player went for this set, it could seriously imbalance the trader with a redicule overflow of scrolls.

Think outside of the regular presented set. no one forces you to build that set as it was intended, you can easily powerplay it.

DeletedUser1766

Hey Nimrethil, the time zone that the game runs on is a Germany time zone not US I believe, and if you really want to get through the gates faster you can click on the green hourglass beside the blue diamond button and use time instants to speed up the wait timer.
I make have mistaken that for a diamond request. As to timezone I am in Australia and so I always suffer from timezone problems. I have a US and German clock to try and keep track of their time but while I know FOE runs on German time I was fairly sure that the US server I play on ran on US time but I could be wrong. Either way I still miss the start and finish of timed events like tournaments and the spire. I will look for the time button next time but I am not sure its worth the effort.

Deleted User - 312108

My issue with the convince option is that there is no hint as to what goods will work for them. If it was more of an actual puzzle where you clicked on the person and they gave you a hint of what and how much they wanted, I would find this far less objectionable.

Fighting is fighting. I wouldn't loathe it so much if the manual option weren't clunky, slow and ugly and the auto-fight option on mobile actually worked well.

Deleted User - 1178646

My issue with the convince option is that there is no hint as to what goods will work for them. If it was more of an actual puzzle where you clicked on the person and they gave you a hint of what and how much they wanted, I would find this far less objectionable.

Fighting is fighting. I wouldn't loathe it so much if the manual option weren't clunky, slow and ugly and the auto-fight option on mobile actually worked well.

This might be perfect for you

DeletedUser16581

Hello!
I definitely appreciate getting more features into the game to keep it up :)
However, in case of the Spire, I think that the resource demand is not quite reasonable. For the guessing game, while the T1/T2/T3 resource level seems ok-ish, the coins/supplies/mana does not seem to be (I'm finishing chapter 10). It takes resources away from doing the tourneys at an unreasonable rate. Maybe if the prizes were wow-ing, it would've been still OK, but the prizes are sub-par for the level of resources requested.
What makes it even worse is that from the probability standpoint, it's not a reliable chance of winning within 3 turns, especially when you get to 5-6 types of resource possibilities. If this is done to spare us of the diamonds, well, I get the logic, but I doubt many players would go that route. (To clarify, resource demands imho are too high even if a player is able to be successful within 3 turns)
So, I expect more and more players dropping off the Spire grid over time (similar to how it was happening with FA some time ago).

Please do keep us posted if anything in the Spire does get adjusted - maybe I'll give it another try :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The second week of the Spire started today and I can already see a few things different. My personal numbers are higher for negotiating and fighting, but that may be because I finally built both the Dwarven Bulwark and the Shrine over the weekend. The other thing I see that is definitely different are the prizes for the 2-wave fight at the second blue portal. I have a chance at the Endless Scrolls, the Mana Plant, and 75 diamonds. And the next 2-wave fight at the third blue portal has a chance at the Moonstone Gate, the Gum Tree, and 100 diamonds. But the rewards for beating the boss of the first floor look the same to me as last week. But still, this is a definite improvement overall for first floor prizes.