• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire of Eternity feedback

GlamDoll

Eh, I have ignored it for the past three years and I only built it now to see if it would change my Spire numbers. So we shall see.

And, if mine was not at level 10, I would sell it...for the exact same reason...to see if I could manage The Spire......and I thought my real life budget was a tight-rope :/

Edit: If you do level it to level 10...you will bond with me, even if you didn't want to...and you will understand why I am even on the forum...INSTEAD of me just playing all my cities/game....like I did for about a year :(

Last edited:

GlamDoll

But....Not to worry, I have closed my funds tighter than a snare drum, at this point, and have made a brand new city....to take ALL that I have learnt, not only playing this game, but as well as many "nuggets" of "tactical", "strategical", etc., "morsels of gems-of-knowledge"...and apply it it in my new MAIN CITY.

I am not in this to win as much as I am in this to enjoy myself AND my own strategy, to it's fullest. What is that strategy? To have as much fun in a game that I have ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND, I have to go back to games that are well over 20 years old, when I have that "itch" that needs scratching.

I have listed a SMALL handful of them, in a prior post. I am an "Old-School" gamer.

It seems that there are some companies, that no longer want my money or patronage....That's too bad, and a shame....because, I have a few more pennies now, in my life, than ever before. Oh well...............................

My gain, their loss, I think, is how the adage goes.

Risen Malchiah

After completing the entire Spire in multiple cities, I have a few thoughts.

1. The diplomacy puzzle is interesting, but quickly becomes frustratingly expensive. The resource cost may seem small at first, but after multiple turns, it becomes deceptively high. If the ghosts did not take goods that are refused, it would be more affordable.

2. One idea to keep the logic puzzle aspect interesting is if the word bubbles that appear when we approach were a CLUE to the diplomacy puzzle rather than just random dialogue.
spire wordbubble.jpg

3. Please move the dialogue box so it doesn't cover up the results of the final turn. I would like to see these results before making a decision to pay diamonds.

spire feedback.jpg

The terrain is lifted straight from the tournament. I'd have preferred to at least have it dressed differently. Put us in a room, add furniture, pillars, cul de sacs, altars. Hang tapestries on the wall that change in each room instead of the same old marsh around the edges. Make some brighter, some a little dimmer, anything to make it feel like I'm moving through a building rather than hopping from province-to-province in the countryside around my city.
4. This is an EXCELLENT suggestion!

With a 4700 tourney average, I do a lot of autofighting (or I'll never see my family again). ;) But in the Spire, manual fights seem key to success. Terrain appropriate to the Spire would make it more enjoyable. But don't stop there! I'd love to see Spire-themed enemies with an ethereal glow or translucent appearance. This is your chance to include a fantastic array of enemies not seen elsewhere.

5. Playing the Spire on multiple cities, each waiting on different gates to open, had me checking constantly to remind myself when the next level was ready. A visual indicator in the city that the next gate is open would be very useful.

6. Overall, I *think* I came out ahead, but I'm not sure. I earned about as many diamonds as I spent. I earned coin & supply instants which refilled what I just spent. I earned time boosters which opened new doors or remade troops I just spent. I came out about even... except I feel like I traded a massive amount of goods for some spell fragments and catalysts. I would love to get more Dwarven Armorers but the cost just seems too high for such a small chance.

Last edited:

DeletedUser12171

@Fairy Dust

another idiotic feature I found out today:

in one of the encounters in the 1st sector of the current stage I'm on, I got the message "a mystical object has appeared". This mystical object, however, was located in the 3rd sector. So I not only have to wait for two sets of doors to open, I also have to fight/convince through one more set of encounters to reach the 3rd sector.

this Spire thing is pissing me off to the point I am not going to buy more diamonds, despite having willingly spent several hundreds of dollars on the game thus far. I even passed over a 100% bonus offer a few days ago, because the only things worth spending money on so far are BH, MA, magic res/ws and expansions (up to a certain point only, not when they get idiotically expensive). most sane people will spend money if they deem it to good value, but this simply isn't it.

so there.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Fairy Dust

another idiotic feature I found out today:

in one of the encounters in the 1st sector of the current stage I'm on, I got the message "a mystical object has appeared". This mystical object, however, was located in the 3rd sector. So I not only have to wait for two sets of doors to open, I also have to fight/convince through one more set of encounters to reach the 3rd sector.

I had that happen with two bonus chests last week and figured that was just how it worked.

DeletedUser12171

I had that happen with two bonus chests last week and figured that was just how it worked.
Obviously that's how it works. I'm saying it's not fun the way it works. If they wanted the chest to be in the 3rd sector, then let it appear when I'm in the 3rd sector. Doing it this way makes it obvious it's just to lure you up the stupidly-difficult (read: pay to pass) gauntlet to get to that chest. And I'm not loose enough with my wallet to do that, so, no thank you, I'll keep my dollars for something other than this game. If I'm going to spend money on entertainment, why would I pay to feel suckered? I'm one foot out the door so if things continue this way, it's sayonara Inno.

kctanzen

You do not have to *clear* the chests in the way of getting to mystery chests to click them -- simply opening the gates to the section will let you claim them.
The icon in the top left pops up when a mystery chest (or multiples) are available -- clicking on that will show you were they are on that floor, even if they are behind locked gates yet.
And remember to NOT open the door after the boss before checking for all the mystery chests on that floor.

I received ....a FIFTY PERCENT portal profit from a mystery chest spawned on the first floor today.
Losses / costs on the first floor were within reason for the loot I got (in addition to the 50% PP).

Remains until 12 hours go by to see how much harder floor 2 will be compared to last week.

DeletedUser12171

You do not have to *clear* the chests in the way of getting to mystery chests to click them -- simply opening the gates to the section will let you claim them.

Okay, the following picture shows my situation in the Spire at the moment.
Gauntlet.jpg

Read the following description carefully:

- Le Chest appeared when I was behind Door 1. It appeared when I had still 2 encounters to go in Sector 1
- I cleared Sector 1, losing about 4 squads in the process and waited 3 h for Door 1 to open
- Le Chest is located in Sector 3.

Question 1 (100 marks):
How do I get to Le Chest without clearing 4 encounters and waiting for the door labeled "Door 2" to open?

DeletedUser12171

It seems to be more random than that. I had one appear two doors behind me once. It was a while before I figured out is was there. All I had to do was grab it.
Okay Ashrem, when I said "that's how it works", I did not mean that the chest literally appears in the last sector every time. I assume that it is random and that there is a chance it appears in a different sector than the one you're currently in. It's still un-fun.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Okay Ashrem, when I said "that's how it works", I did not mean that the chest literally appears in the last sector every time. I assume that it is random and that there is a chance it appears in a different sector than the one you're currently in. It's still un-fun.
Sorry, that wasn't meant to be a criticism. The group of three messages together, with yours being the second (or third?), left a feeling like maybe it was always going to appear behind fights. I didn't think any of you meant to indicate that. And, yes, it's not very fun. I've decide to probably do the first 3-10 fights a week and abandon it at that point (ass son as it looks fifty-fifty whether I can fight the next multi-wave group). I have a pretty military orientation, and the whole thing is just too expensive to be worth more than that.

Thanks, that's very useful info

DeletedUser12171

Sorry, that wasn't meant to be a criticism.
I didn't take it to be so, I know it might have seemed that way, so I clarified

the whole thing is just too expensive to be worth more than that.
I feel the same. If i'm going spend dozens of squads and tens of thousands of goods, I'd rather do it in tourney where the results are guaranteed AND more useful for improving my city. Between KP, runes/broken shards, enchantments and spell frags, CC and time instants, I'd rather take the former 3

Mykan

Oh Wise One
It seems to be more random than that. I had one appear two doors behind me once. It was a while before I figured out is was there. All I had to do was grab it.

On browser version at least there is an icon in top left of screen that tells you there is a mystery chest, select it and it takes you to it. I had 2 at one point because of the very situation above, first encounter or second the chest appeared in the last spot. Once I was most of the way done first map a new chest appeared at start. I don't recall that I ever clicked the icon with both chests so unsure if it scrolls between them.

I also don't plan to go past where I can easily do manual fights, the easy is only because "easy" can still mean I lose numerous squads. Were the squad sizes sensible I would push further and endure some harder fights. I tended to find the prizes are basically the same despite the difficulty increasing. So easier to just stick to easy stuff for the same prizes.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

I have not had one appear behind me yet, but I am not surprised that they can. Each of the four sections has one spot for a bonus chest to appear, but I have no clue whether there is a straight 25% chance per location or something more complex. Of the four bonus chests I have gotten between last week and this week, so far two have appeared in the section that triggered it and two have appeared ahead of me in a section I had not unlocked yet.

Edit: just finished the fourth section of the first floor and everything this time was so much easier than last week. Out of the 16 fights, I used auto-fight on all but one and that one was not even a multi-wave fight. It just required a mix of troops I was not comfortable with, so I negotiated once. I even auto-fought the three-wave boss fight and only lost about 2 1/2 squads. Also, I still did not feed my Fire Phoenix or put out any of the temp military buildings to boost my numbers. So I am pretty sure some adjustments were made that made things easier, at least for some players.

Last edited:

Arkadia

Spent 100's of :diamond: to convince.
Convincing:
Costs to much :diamond:

Only 1 gate left in 3rd Spire for Boss level, but timer will run out before it opens. And won't be spending more :diamond: to open it.

:eek:
Not sure if you realize that you do not have to pay diamonds to complete the negotiations.
You can simply close it, and it will reset, so you can start the negotiations all over.
Yes, it will cost you more resources, but not diamonds.

Paying the diamonds is simply an option if you want to save ur resources. ;) :p

Enjoy! :)

kctanzen

Okay, the following picture shows my situation in the Spire at the moment.
View attachment 6423
Read the following description carefully:

- Le Chest appeared when I was behind Door 1. It appeared when I had still 2 encounters to go in Sector 1
- I cleared Sector 1, losing about 4 squads in the process and waited 3 h for Door 1 to open
- Le Chest is located in Sector 3.

Question 1 (100 marks):
How do I get to Le Chest without clearing 4 encounters and waiting for the door labeled "Door 2" to open?

In this situation -- you will have to clear out the chests in front of the next magic gate re: Door 2 -- then you can get to the bonus chest without doing the encounters BEYOND the magic gate re: Door 2. You still have to get to and open the magic gate re: Door 2 however.

DeletedUser12171

In this situation -- you will have to clear out the chests in front of the next magic gate re: Door 2 -- then you can get to the bonus chest without doing the encounters BEYOND the magic gate re: Door 2. You still have to get to and open the magic gate re: Door 2 however.
Duh, this is exactly what I said in my very first post on this issue, which I found to be un-fun:

not only have to wait for two sets of doors to open, I also have to fight/convince through one more set of encounters to reach the 3rd sector.

So bottom line - having a mystery chest appear but unaccessible until I clear more stuff is un-fun. I'd rather it had NOT appeared.