• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I got my fifth consecutive "gain 7 relics" quest a couple of hours ago. For a total of 35 relics required with no other quests in between. They are "very sorry" for the inconvenience.

I have yet to see any of the short workshop production quests from the random rotation. When they said, "The probability for quests that require productions from a Workshop with a specific level, has been reduced by, on average, more than 30%," I wonder if they achieved this by removing actual quests from the cycle.

Foldedspace

I have yet to see any of the short workshop production quests from the random rotation. When they said, "The probability for quests that require productions from a Workshop with a specific level, has been reduced by, on average, more than 30%," I wonder if they achieved this by removing actual quests from the cycle.

I've only gotten one. It was this morning and it was a quest for 5 bread for a specific level.

DeletedUser6189

I will say this, and then I'll be quiet.

Events have ALWAYS been my favorite part of this game. When Fellowship Adventures became a thing, I DOVE IN, completely digging the idea of them. I even changed fellowships to become part of one that really embraced them.

But I got completely burned out on FAs with the frequency of them and the fact that they took so long to fix the interface. I walked away from the game entirely because I just didn't enjoy it anymore. But I ended up missing it a bit and came back. For a player of my level, that's really rare.

One of the things I missed the most was the fun and challenge of the events. I especially look forward to the longer events, like Mermaids and this one. But we're two days in and I'm already pretty much checked out of this event altogether because it's just too frustrating. And if I'm being honest, it's pushed me back closer to the point of saying, "To heck with Elvenar. There are far better games out there I can spend my time and money on."

I generally try to give devs the benefit of the doubt, because I work in game development myself. This one was a great big swing and a miss for me, and my commitment to the game may not recover.

GlamDoll

Events have ALWAYS been my favorite part of this game.

Same! As well as the lovely art in this game. One is like cake & the other is like pie to me. Both are a very big "draw" for me. Well, were. Now I only have the art as MY "place--holder"....and now it is undersiege!!!

If I "Cave" and play the Dev's way, instead of my way, I basically need to sell off about a 1/3 of my PRETTY event buildings, JUST so I can have space for workshops, IF I want to keep enjoying EVENTS in this game. >.<

I will say this, and then I'll be quiet.

You basically took the words outta my mouth, on all your post. As much as I love GlamDoll's city.....I really don't know if that is enough to keep me playing this game.....because I already know I WILL Not destroy her city just because the Dev's are "forcing" me...IF I want to play EVENTS.

Yeah.....think I need to just hush as well. :(

Why INNO? Just why?

Alistaire

Just got my 5th gain 7 relics in one day with gain15 VV or scout a province in between 2 of them.
Not a real happy camper right now. I need marshmellows, a nice fire and a long stick

impaler.jpg

DeletedUser11459

I'll add to the list of complaints about the quest and upgraded manufactories. Quests are my favorite thing in the game and now just a few days into the Autumn Zodiac event I am shut out of the quest in 2 cities due to not having upgraded manufactories. I am on the Orcs and Goblins chapter 8 in both cities. One city is at level 9 planks and the other is at level 11 steel. But they need to be level 16 to play the quest. They were never upgraded beyond those levels because I have never needed to upgrade them to play the game and I needed the space for other things.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Alright, so at some point this morning (Eastern US time), everyone had the quest they were working auto-completed because of a stealth update or a glitch or something. And since then, some players have also had the "randomness" become stuck. I have not seen anything weird in mine yet, but in my girlfriend's game on Felyndral, she has gotten the Produce a Stack of Units quest 4 out of 5 times since whatever it was happened. And since her city is not really military oriented, that takes three of the five productions slots and several hours to do. Sure, with the Time instants, that is not a big deal, but it is still annoying.

Alistaire

These events really need their own independent mini-game system to be fair to all types of players. I know people have said Spire was basically copy/pasted from one of Inno's other games; is there any other content from those games they could adapt for this?

Honestly, I'm really surprised at how many obvious opportunities Inno just doesn't take. I've play f2p games a while, one of which is a company that runs several games like Inno does, and it's like every 3rd event they do crossovers: do things in one game to get prizes in the 2nd, and do things in the 2nd game to get prizes in the first. Easy quest content that actually has variety from what most players are used to, with the added bonus of getting people interested in their other games.

I haven't spent a lot of money on this game, but that other company I used to play 2 of their games, and only got into the 2nd because of one of those crossovers, and ended up supporting it quite a bit. I've even previously been a "whale", just got burned after spending $500 ish in my first month of playing a game only to have it shut down a month later. But for me that potential is there, as long as I enjoy the game (big checkmark here) and see that it's being managed well (big checkmark here later scribbled out hard).

Risen Malchiah

I got my fifth consecutive "gain 7 relics" quest a couple of hours ago. For a total of 35 relics required with no other quests in between. They are "very sorry" for the inconvenience.
Oddly, I would actually love a string of relics quests. It would allow me to do my tourney on time rather than letting my round sit there waiting patiently for the solve tourney encounters or gain relics quests to come up.

Events have ALWAYS been my favorite part of this game. When Fellowship Adventures became a thing, I DOVE IN, completely digging the idea of them. I even changed fellowships to become part of one that really embraced them.

But I got completely burned out on FAs with the frequency of them and the fact that they took so long to fix the interface. I walked away from the game entirely because I just didn't enjoy it anymore. But I ended up missing it a bit and came back. For a player of my level, that's really rare.

One of the things I missed the most was the fun and challenge of the events. I especially look forward to the longer events, like Mermaids and this one. But we're two days in and I'm already pretty much checked out of this event altogether because it's just too frustrating. And if I'm being honest, it's pushed me back closer to the point of saying, "To heck with Elvenar. There are far better games out there I can spend my time and money on."

I generally try to give devs the benefit of the doubt, because I work in game development myself. This one was a great big swing and a miss for me, and my commitment to the game may not recover.
I've always looked forward to the events as well since they can really feed the growth of your city. But these last 2 days, with the randomness of the quests and level requirements (combined with grand prizes I really want) has kept me glued to the computer, frantically jumping between 3 different cities that all have quests completing at varying intervals. I'm starting to get that FA-like drained feeling and I know I couldn't possibly sustain this for the entire duration of the event. I'm faced with the choice of either doing well in the event and getting burned out, or letting it go and losing interest. Not great choices really.

DeletedUser23452

I think something is wrong as well with there RNG of quests as well.
I used some time boosts and started getting a ton of repeating stuff.
here's my list

Scout 1 Province or Research 1 technology or gain 15 Vision Vapor
Gain 7 Relics
Gain 7 Relics
Gain 7 Relics
Gain a fair amount of supplies Spend 10 Knowledge points <--------- two quests one reward
Recruit a stack of units
Recruit a stack of units

shimmerfly

They were never upgraded beyond those levels because I have never needed to upgrade them to play the game and I needed the space for other things
And I bet you don't come to the forum a lot so you didn't know this was going to be needed. Too bad.
They did No announcing of this change. And we shouldn't be forced to change our way of play if we don't keep everyting upgraded.
I do, but only because it drives me nuts not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.