• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Elvengems gets updated when the person who does the updates gets around to it. I have seen the daily prize list not get updated for a couple of days at a time before. Remember that is a fan site and the person/people maintaining it get busy with real life sometimes.

They are also a little distracted with the new chapter. So double the content to work through and each new chapter seems to get a little more complicated.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I have screenshots of 'The Elvenar' chapter XV - all of the tech tree researches, the Settlement, the Ancient Wonders and the 4 new Culture buildings

You are welcome to share this Note with friends and fellowships.

https://tinyurl.com/y47pbv9e

72073079_10214821991603982_4745936727481253888_n.jpg

Alistaire

@Alistaire really, you have limited space and really, they could only put 2 of each sort in the grand prize list. It really isn't that hard for them to control the numbers of evolving or set buildings for players. :)
Oh yeah, definitely. I suggested a lot of things to make things more balanced in that event for players of all levels in that event thread too. The event worked for me (end of halflings) a lot because I'd already gotten all but 1 of my advanced scout techs done, yet hadn't started scouting to max expansions yet (I did! the event actually took me right to max expansions, about 170 provinces scouted in total). And yet a guy who plays as much as me who's just newer got pretty hard-stopped because he hit the point where clearing scouted provinces started requiring orcs, yet he hadn't unlocked the tech to even make them yet.

So yeah I definitely understand that event wasn't fun for everyone. It was however, a lot better than this event. You could get all the harder quests and at least it maintained some variety while doing so. (idk if you saw the list but it was programmed basically as a series of 50% chances of 2 specific quests in a loop.)

This nonsense is just...ugh, no wonder there's so many new faces on here saying "I never post here but I had to come in to say how terrible this event has been."...

Deleted User - 312108

@Alistaire That's how beta worked for me this event. I had just started fairies so I had a lot of tech to research and complete prior to being blocked by the guest raced goods. Still not to your levels, but all three bears. So many of us made reasonable, logical suggestions and that I feel is the hardest part of being active on the forums.

The hard part of being active on beta is again, finding bugs, finding issues and making suggestions to have them do something that disimproves the game.

Alistaire

@Alistaire That's how beta worked for me this event. I had just started fairies so I had a lot of tech to research and complete prior to being blocked by the guest raced goods. Still not to your levels, but all three bears. So many of us made reasonable, logical suggestions and that I feel is the hardest part of being active on the forums.

The hard part of being active on beta is again, finding bugs, finding issues and making suggestions to have them do something that disimproves the game.
See, I don't even get that about this game. Beta is supposed to allow players to test things...but from everything I've been hearing you just play the game like a regular account. Am I mistaken on that? Cause if that's true no wonder bugs don't get found.

Deleted User - 3932582

See, I don't even get that about this game. Beta is supposed to allow players to test things...but from everything I've been hearing you just play the game like a regular account. Am I mistaken on that? Cause if that's true no wonder bugs don't get found.
I'd like to see how are they going to test chapter 15. Unlike events, in order to really test it players need to be at chapter 14 now - on beta. I wonder how many people are in this boat. If I'd have to speculate, I would think that not a lot. Not to mention that looking at requirements it might be a multumonth chapter no matter what. And I am pretty positive that they will still roll it out on live in a couple of weeks...

Pheryll

Set Designer
I'd like to see how are they going to test chapter 15. Unlike events, in order to really test it players need to be at chapter 14 now - on beta. I wonder how many people are in this boat. If I'd have to speculate, I would think that not a lot. Not to mention that looking at requirements it might be a multumonth chapter no matter what. And I am pretty positive that they will still roll it out on live in a couple of weeks...

Going from construct quest #63 (Have six manufactories at level 25 or higher) to actually having two sentient manufactories of each tier is not a small transition. The 3 (1 per tier) normal manufactories count for the construct quest, but provide little assistance in the Elvenar chapter.

Last edited:

qaccy

@Pheryll You just made me remember that Inno said normal goods would become less and less important as we moved deeper into the sentient goods chapters. It appears that this is the case and that Inno is indeed designing the game around the expectation that we're scaling back our production of T1/2/3 goods, if not eliminating it entirely from our cities (at least in terms of manufactories). By now, the only parts of the game that features that include combat and are outside of the city itself - every normal building receiving upgrades in the Elvenar chapter either requires sentient goods to upgrade, or doesn't require goods at all; the Main Hall, Barracks, Mercenary Camp, Armories, and Residences all do require them while Workshops and (oddly) S1 manufactory upgrades do not. Of course, the Elvenar buildings themselves also require sentient goods to build and upgrade (as I mentioned before), as well as needing them to produce. While normal provinces are hardly a factor in play for most if not all players at this level, it appears it's going to become quite difficult for tournament and spire players to juggle keeping up normal goods production with heavy sentient demand.

Pheryll

Set Designer
@Pheryll You just made me remember that Inno said normal goods would become less and less important as we moved deeper into the sentient goods chapters. It appears that this is the case and that Inno is indeed designing the game around the expectation that we're scaling back our production of T1/2/3 goods, if not eliminating it entirely from our cities (at least in terms of manufactories).
When by quest a person has six manufactories, one of each normal and sentient tier; then scaling back is elimination. Due to the normal good costs of sentient production, I would figure that each sentient manufactory is to be supported by a normal manufactory (yes wonders such as time warp and even crystal lighthouse/bellspire indirectly significantly reduce the upkeep, perhaps to the point of one manufactory support for two sentient). This projection model would have the 6 required of constructs to double to 12. As I see it there is an increase in the expectation of quests even for normal manufactories.

Status
Not open for further replies.