• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Multiplayer Spire of Eternity feedback

Socrates28

Over all I find the FS Spire events to be very successful. I can finish the second stage with little problem and the rewards are very useful. I look forward to the day when I can finish it every week and get even more rewards. I love the PP's, fragments, CC spells and time boosts. the other stuff is OK just not as useful.
;)
In the end, overall, I give it a A-. (Only because it could be tweeked to be more useful to me and yet it is fine as it is! lol)

DeletedUser21570

The major thing I would like to see changed is the number of points awarded per level in the spire.

If you get to the top, you get 63 points or 21 per level. After finishing level 1 I had 21 points. Obviously, only 21 points is being awarded to each level of the spire. Since they increase in difficulty, I believe the points rewarded should increase - just as the tournament increases points awarded for provinces each round since the province is more difficult.

Note - if the points awarded are increased, I don't believe the total points required for group prizes should also be increased from the 1330 currently required for top prize or at least not by much.

Risen Malchiah

The major thing I would like to see changed is the number of points awarded per level in the spire.
Agreed. My fellowship is very advanced (10 tourney chests per week for 60+ weeks in a row) and occasionally 1st place in Fellowship Adventures, but even we cannot get 22 people all the way to the top.

If the points for even just the 3rd level were a little higher, it would help prevent a small handful of people on vacation from holding back the rest of the fellowship. And since only players who go to the end are likely to benefit anyway, it's not something that can really be exploited by anyone who just does the 1st level.

qaccy

Repeating that I'd like to see something exclusive in the FS rewards. Currently, it's all stuff we can already get from the Spire without even being in a fellowship, Tournaments give blueprints for reaching 10 chests, and this is the only way to obtain them (or pay diamonds in their absence). Completing all 12 FS checkpoints in the Spire is rather more costly than 10 chests in a tournament, so I'd definitely like to see some sort of exclusive and useful reward for doing so. Probably something temporary or consumable, like blueprints are.

Risen Malchiah

Now that it's been a few weeks since the multiplayer aspect has been added and the individual encounter chest rewards have been adjusted, in my experience, it feels like I'm getting spell fragments far more than I actually should. At first, it just seemed like bad luck to me, but after this many weeks of doing all 3 levels, even the encounters where fragments are the 20% outcome feels more like 80% to me. Is this a fluke?

Deleted User - 3932582

At first, it just seemed like bad luck to me, but after this many weeks of doing all 3 levels, even the encounters where fragments are the 20% outcome feels more like 80% to me. Is this a fluke?
Probably. I remember that when Spire just went online with teleports, I had terrible luck with them for about 3 weeks. The first gate on each floor has 50%+ chance of teleport, and I completed 2 of these chests each week for 3 weeks in a row. I only got 1 teleport out of 6 chests, which means I was getting all kinds of stuff with low probabilities for quite a while. It got back to normal since then.

Risen Malchiah

Well I've been playing for weeks and I can't do a dam thing. this game really sucks
What specifically are you having difficulty with? If your concern is with the Spire specifically, it can be very difficult for new players. I'd recommend holding off til your city is more advanced since it can be difficult for even experienced players (or ask around about strategies).

If your concern is with the game in general, I'd suggest looking for a good, active fellowship if you haven't already done so. Many aspects of the game are significantly easier when you have more trading partners, access to tournaments (for knowledge points, runes, relics, spells, etc) and someone to chat with in-game who might answer any questions you have.

The game can be very good or very miserable depending on how you approach certain things and how active your fellowship might be. And the game requires some planning ahead, prioritizing space (which is always limited), and patience.

Socrates28

I could not agree with you more @Risen Malchiah . An active FS makes all the difference in this game. You also point out that many of the complaints about this game arise because of a players impatience and/or comparing themselves to other players who have been around longer than they have. Both of which lead to trouble with the game.

DeletedUser24916

So my positive experience is dependent upon the actions of others. That's brilliant.
The fact that being in a fellowship/guild/alliance is required is one of the things that sucks about this game and all modern gaming for that matter.
I can't participate in the spire, I couldn't participate in the winter event til the last day.
How many years of my life am I expected to waste before I can even participate in the game?

Nectar of the Gods

So my positive experience is dependent upon the actions of others. That's brilliant.
The fact that being in a fellowship/guild/alliance is required is one of the things that sucks about this game and all modern gaming for that matter.

A positive experience isn't dependent upon the actions of others. It's just more difficult to play it if you are not in a fellowship. It takes longer to get going in the game without the support of other players. But a person can do it. They have to work harder is all. And if you don't have good neighbors who trade with you, then you are really hurting. Because the game does revolve around trade.

I can't participate in the spire, I couldn't participate in the winter event til the last day.
How many years of my life am I expected to waste before I can even participate in the game?
This tells me you are either in chapter 1 or 2. You will be able to access the Spire in chapter 3. It is my opinion that the first three chapters are needlessly hard. It will ease up a bit in the 4th chapter. By the 5th chapter you will be flying. I don't know why Inno chose to make the first three chapters so hard. Perhaps it is to get more people to join a fellowship.

I highly recommend you join a fellowship. It allows you to access tournaments which will help your city grow, along with the trading support of the fellowship. Fellowships are designed to help each other grow their cities. Think about it. You don't have to do it. But it will help you if you do.

Unless, of course, you just don't like the game. Some people don't. It's up to you to decide if the gaming experience matches your desires or not.

Risen Malchiah

Unlike most games, I've found 99% of players in Elvenar to be far more mature. I have yet to run into any problems with anyone specifically. The game is set up in such a way that you *can* go it alone if you want, but it will be much more difficult. You can build all the factory types and make your own goods and be limited to the relatively few neighbors you have which might be active. Or you can be in a fellowship (there are hundreds to choose from) and have access to two dozen extra trading partners. That alone makes a *huge* difference. Some fellowships are very active. Some are geared toward a more casual experience. But many are eager to take in new players to help out.

And don't worry about the winter event. I started a few years ago during the first winter event and was bummed that I couldn't really participate. But another event was just around the corner and by then I was built up enough that I did very well. One of the complaints some players have in this game is that there are too many events. So don't worry. You won't have to wait that long for another event. :)

Deleted User - 3932582

It is my opinion that the first three chapters are needlessly hard. It will ease up a bit in the 4th chapter. By the 5th chapter you will be flying. I don't know why Inno chose to make the first three chapters so hard. Perhaps it is to get more people to join a fellowship.
Not sure why you feel that way. I played solo (well, an FS of one) until about chapter 5 or 6, and can't say it was particularly difficult. Yeah, fighting sucked, but no FS is going to help with that, you just need to grind out this period. On the other hand, catering was very doable, and only having neighbors to trade with wasn't too bad. And my NH was probably pretty average.

If you're in a dead zone NH this can be different, but then again, it is not specific to early chapters.

shimmerfly

The fact that being in a fellowship/guild/alliance is required is one of the things that sucks about this game
No you do not Have to be in an FS but the game will move much faster and easier for you if you do.
I am a solo player with a FS of one...me. It's been my choice and possibly a foolish one but I decided to play this way and continued. I would not recomend it if your not very patient.
I was also stuck in a barren neighborhood. ( Like 3 people) so I begged very nicely and humorously to be moved and was. I have wonderful neighbors now but I was lucky.
I do feel the game is hard for the first few chapters. Once you can get the M.Academy etc. you will do better in events. Keep plugging away and you may be one of those who stick with hte game for years. Good luck.