• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Multiplayer Spire of Eternity feedback

DeletedUser12171

I've been playing and winning stuff from the Spire for a while now. This gives me more prizes for doing the same things, so why not. I'm up to over 100k spell fragments and dozens of CC now, from the Spire alone.

Yes, players with many AW levels get harder encounters in the Spire, but the same players also have higher output. I've been completing the Spire AND pulling 7k+ tourney points weekly for months. As far as diamond usage goes, I do use them, but in fact I've been getting a slight net gain. Of course not all the diamonds I get are from the Spire alone, but from overall game activity - opening the Mystery chest from crafting, Genie (from the Spire too), and the occasional Spire diamond prize.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Group Spire. I am so thrilled. Like the FA and Tournament just one more thing INNO has devised to divide us.

I don't know if this will do it as much as the other two. This is not like the other two, as there is a strict limit to the number of points one player can earn. To earn all the fellowship rewards from the Spire, you need 21 or 22 members who can all complete all three floors of the Spire. There are probably very few fellowships on each server that can do that.

Deleted User - 1178646

Group Spire. I am so thrilled. Like the FA and Tournament just one more thing INNO has devised to divide us.

Birds of a feahter flock together,
It can also be a tool not to divide but to unite.

I don't know if this will do it as much as the other two. This is not like the other two, as there is a strict limit to the number of points one player can earn. To earn all the fellowship rewards from the Spire, you need 21 or 22 members who can all complete all three floors of the Spire. There are probably very few fellowships on each server that can do that.

Actually i could be way more, when people grasp to understand the power of the tower.
Since "compensating" for other "lacking players" is virtually impossible.

On the other hand the last prize simply aint wordt it, and I am not sure of the 3rd stage is worth anything at all.
On the other hands the first 2 stages are easily unlocked as a fellowship ands don't require mucht imput als long as enough players join in on the spire.

ObCH1HW.png

Deleted User - 3932582

On the other hand the last prize simply aint wordt it, and I am not sure of the 3rd stage is worth anything at all.
On the other hands the first 2 stages are easily unlocked as a fellowship ands don't require mucht imput als long as enough players join in on the spire.
I think shooting for the 2nd floor group prize (75 diamonds/10% PP/1 Teleport) is a sweet spot for advanced FS . It's pretty easy to unlock for an FS as long as there is some decent participation, and rewards past that are just more of the same - which is nice, but require much higher averages from players, and IMO value is not there.

Risen Malchiah

After seeing it in action, there are some pros and cons:

Good:
- I like that rewards are based on one's individual progress (thus preventing someone from doing 1 encounter and getting all the benefits).
- I like the Catalysts, Time Boosters and Diamond rewards.

Bad:
- If it requires 22 players going all the way to the end to maximize rewards, this is a very high standard.
- It may frustrate people even in advanced fellowships since just a few players doing slightly less can prevent the entire fellowship from receiving the final rewards.
- Players in active fellowships may feel pressure to participate beyond their abilities at the risk of holding back the entire fellowship (even more so than in tournaments where another player can overcome this by doing far more than average).

Possible solutions:
- Make encounters on the 3rd level worth more points.
- Add a way for players to earn more points for their fellowship beyond the final boss.
- Add a 4th level or "bottomless pit" of encounters so more advanced players can pull up the fellowship score which might be just under what is needed.

(Any or all of these solutions should allow for dedicated players to achieve success without unbalancing things since players who did less won't benefit anyway.)

Ivy1996

I quite like the multiplayer option. We easily all got the rewards for the first floor. Most of don't go much above that anyway because of the costs. None of us have finished the final chapter yet and are focussing mostly on province expansions and upgrading buildings. I'd just like to say Inno that our fellowship appreciates this update!

rvtdragon1

@Fairy Dust Unlike either the tournament or FA, there was no in-game pop-up showing us our multi-player rewards from the Spire. Everything just went straight to inventory or to our diamond total. It would be nice to have a pop-up showing everything we got, instead of having to guess.

I thought the same thing. I reloaded the game and the same type of display box as the tournament appeared showing the additional rewards you received.

DeletedUser2959

I had to refresh to get the reward window. My FS seems pretty happy about the whole thing. There have been exactly zero complaints through this first iteration. I think as long as you stick to what you'd normally do in the Spire anyway this is a real nice team boost.

DeletedUser4194

@Fairy Dust Unlike either the tournament or FA, there was no in-game pop-up showing us our multi-player rewards from the Spire. Everything just went straight to inventory or to our diamond total. It would be nice to have a pop-up showing everything we got, instead of having to guess.

There is a pop-up for both Browser and Mobile, and in testing we confirmed that it did appear on both. It seems that a few people have had to reload to have it appear.

Risen Malchiah

You keep your progress for yourself, but the points already taken will stay at the former guild for progression. at least that is what I was told
Thank you. That does seem to be what happened. I transferred over after having done the first 2 gates. My avatar remained at the correct point of progression but my points contributed said 0. Presumably my points stayed in the previous fellowship but I forgot to check before and after. (Swapping cities between affiliated fellowships.)

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
My two cents worth!
IMO, The multiplayer Spire is a great success! Fellowships doing just the first two stages are getting a load of really useful items - and everyone gets in proportion to what they give. There is still a room for improvement though:
1. The prizes are boring. It would be so easy to sneak in some surprise mystery items.
2. It is too easy to run out of goods halfway through an encounter. The Spire screen blocks off your top menu bar, so you don't see what you are using. This could be easily fixed.
3. Stage Three is wickedly expensive. Very few of my fellowship bother with it, stopping at Stage Two. Is this the intention?
4. For players who do not do either Guest Races and / or Set Buildings, there is too much worthless clutter among the prizes Also too many Spell fragments. I have tons of Portal Profits for which my only use is Disenchantment. It would be nice to see fewer of these.
5. Poor incentive: The strong point about Fellowship Adventures is that there is a Leader Board where fellowships can track their progress and compare to other groups; there are different special prizes that give incentive to players to get involved. A similar leader board for the Spire with a special Prize / Prizes for the top fellowship would do a lot to get reluctant players involved.
6. While on the subject, a similar Leader Board would also help to popularize the Tournaments!

I hope someone passes these suggestions to the design team

Happy Christmas!!

80716180_10215515585503396_3559590760879751168_n.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

5. Poor incentive: The strong point about Fellowship Adventures is that there is a Leader Board where fellowships can track their progress and compare to other groups; there are different special prizes that give incentive to players to get involved. A similar leader board for the Spire with a special Prize / Prizes for the top fellowship would do a lot to get reluctant players involved.
Max points for the Spire is capped, so very quickly all you will see on a leaderboard is 1330, unless it is differentiated by time of completion, then it becomes an exercise of who dumps more timeboosts at the gates. IMO incentives are the prizes, and I think these are pretty good. Spire is the only place I know where you can reliably load up on material amounts of timeboosts and extra catalysts, not to mention diamonds and special buildings.

Also, I disagree on the Portal Profits, I want to keep them coming. I do have a reasonable stash, but given how much was needed for chapter 15, and how Trading Outposts are disappearing from the events, I like to have an alternative source of PPs even though I have a few buildings that are non-expiring PP producers. Not everyone would have these, and was able to stash a ton of PPs in the good old days. It's not that there is an overabundance of PPs in the Spire anyway.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Also, I disagree on the Portal Profits, I want to keep them coming. I do have a reasonable stash, but given how much was needed for chapter 15, and how Trading Outposts are disappearing from the events,

Agreed, not to mention people who are not end-tech (which would be the majority) do not have the kind of PP stash an end-tech player will, So there is a much greater/need/demand/use for them with lower chapter players.

Edit: While I wouldn't be opposed to a few less spell fragments I would much prefer more 1 or 2 more cc in the prizes where they are. This would better balance with the spell fragments and not interfere with players at different stages of the game who don't have tons of spell fragments.

Last edited: