• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Has anyone made it to the pit and can confirm it is 3 badges instead of 5?

yes it is 3

I sometimes feel as if I'm too pushy in trying to rouse interest in tournaments and stuff, so I try to tone myself down. Sorry; I'm rambling now! Anyway, thanks.

Try having friendly contests.
An FS I was in some of the bigger players donated goods. I forget exactly how we did it even though I was one of the people donating.
But basically we'd offer 10000 ( or whatever seems good to you ) goods of the person's choice to whichever 3rd page member got the highest tourny score. And I think we had a prize for 2nd place too. And prizes for page 2 players also.
Or you could have a drawing for everyone who scores over 1000.
Whatever
Hopefully after you do that a couple times people will start to discover for themselves the value of tourny participation.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
yes it is 3

Try having friendly contests.
An FS I was in some of the bigger players donated goods. I forget exactly how we did it even though I was one of the people donating.
But basically we'd offer 10000 ( or whatever seems good to you ) goods of the person's choice to whichever 3rd page member got the highest tourny score. And I think we had a prize for 2nd place too. And prizes for page 2 players also.
Or you could have a drawing for everyone who scores over 1000.
Whatever
Hopefully after you do that a couple times people will start to discover for themselves the value of tourny participation.
That's a good idea! Thx

neeronie

It is hard to believe that it is the same. Maybe the badges are the same but the required badges are higher. We went through all three stages and got to the pit by day 4 in Nov. I sure don't remember the Blue path requiring 180 BS and 180 Farmers, maybe we did Green last Nov. We were smaller than but still came in ranked 70th. We mostly used what we already had build with a few tier one non boosted and a few level 1 workshops. This time around we are scrambling for expansion to build workshops and tier 1. I still can't decide was path to do for Stage 3, but I am going to have to make the choice or we won't have what we need to finish. It would be a good thing if 5 badges each in the pit are not required. Thanks for the information, everything helps.
Actually, now that we are doing it, the requirements are truly less than the guidelines that were in gamersgemsofknowledge. So it is like the Nov. adventure. Well, that is much better for us and a lot of smaller cities. I am glad we attempted it. We are in Stage 3 and the flag is flying.

Darielle

All you get for doing extra paths is points
All you get for the pit is points
The points only matter if you think you have a shot at being one of the top FS's

If you are new and in an FS of mostly small cities your best bet is to do one path and finish the stage to get the chests.
Use this FA as a learning experience and try for a better score next time.
Does anyone know whether it's the pit or the extra path that gives more points, badge for badge?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Does anyone know whether it's the pit or the extra path that gives more points, badge for badge?
It's way too complex to assign a value. It depends on the value of the waypoint, which badge, and whether you are going to run short of them and not be able to use a bunch of other badges.

The crossover on blue-5 on stage three, badges are worth 17.6 points each, while badges in the whirlpool are only worth 5 points each. But if you run out of bracelets, and have a bunch of the other badges left over at the end and could have done five more passes through the pit (750 points) if you had 15 bracelets, then each of those 15 bracelets used on the Blue-5 ended up costing you 50 points. On that particular waypoint you might come out better on the path.

Meanwhile, the first blue crossover (at blue-2) badges are only worth 12.8 points each and on the blue above that, they are only worth 5 points each.

Best I can suggest is that if you canb finish the crossover points near the top, they are probably a better value than the pit.Individual coloured waypoints are probably not worth it, unless they mostly use badges you can't use in the pit (so have zero value there).

Darielle

It's way too complex to assign a value. It depends on the value of the waypoint, which badge, and whether you are going to run short of them and not be able to use a bunch of other badges.

The crossover on blue-5 on stage three, badges are worth 17.6 points each, while badges in the whirlpool are only worth 5 points each. But if you run out of bracelets, and have a bunch of the other badges left over at the end and could have done five more passes through the pit (750 points) if you had 15 bracelets, then each of those 15 bracelets used on the Blue-5 ended up costing you 50 points. On that particular waypoint you might come out better on the path.

Meanwhile, the first blue crossover (at blue-2) badges are only worth 12.8 points each and on the blue above that, they are only worth 5 points each.

Best I can suggest is that if you canb finish the crossover points near the top, they are probably a better value than the pit.Individual coloured waypoints are probably not worth it, unless they mostly use badges you can't use in the pit (so have zero value there).
Sounds complicated, and I thank you for that assessment. I think I'll take note of everything in this FA so that I'll be ready to figure out which is best for next time.

Deleted User - 3932582

...Sounds complicated...
Well, think of it this way - the cheapest waypoint in stage 3 is 300 points, and the most expensive is 1500. Each round in the pit is only worth 50 points. So you need to do 6-30 rounds in the pit to cover a single waypoint. Obviously, pit rounds are cheaper in terms of the badges, but you get the idea. In most cases you will likely stop running out of blacksmiths (1d workshop productions).

Usually, it is a better deal to close all the waypoints that you can, and then dump the residuals into the pit.

DeletedUser7738

As a team building exercise it works really well, I love seeing our FS come together, really communicate in a detailed way, to get it done. While I get tired of hearing the complaints about the FA, there are some legitimate concerns: the rewards are not commiserate with the effort and the pit is, well, the pits! When a seasonal event, FA, Spire & Tourney are going simultaneously, that's when it gets really interesting, tedious, nerve-wracking & exhausting. My poor mobile screen gets so overloaded with graphics I can barely play the game ....

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I was just thinking about all the complaints about FA prizes.
The FS I am in now is in the top 10 on F world.
Before I transported out a bunch of buildings for the FA I had around 500000 points and I was on the second page of the membership list.
My point being
This is not a group of people who are playing the FA for a few KP or a cheap building.
But
We had full 25 member participation in all three stages and were in the Pit by Tuesday.
And
I have heard no one whine about the prizes.
So again
The game is what you make of it

( btw we have someone leaving after the FA. so if you're active, experienced, and wabt 10 tourny chests every week, we might have a slot for you )

neeronie

I was just thinking about all the complaints about FA prizes.
The FS I am in now is in the top 10 on F world.
Before I transported out a bunch of buildings for the FA I had around 500000 points and I was on the second page of the membership list.
My point being
This is not a group of people who are playing the FA for a few KP or a cheap building.
But
We had full 25 member participation in all three stages and were in the Pit by Tuesday.
And
I have heard no one whine about the prizes.
So again
The game is what you make of it

( btw we have someone leaving after the FA. so if you're active, experienced, and wabt 10 tourny chests every week, we might have a slot for you )
It's not really about the prizes for our Fellowship, yes it is good to get some of the artifacts that are still needed by some of the Fellows, the for us it is proving that "we can do it" and we did with less than full participation.

neeronie

Well, think of it this way - the cheapest waypoint in stage 3 is 300 points, and the most expensive is 1500. Each round in the pit is only worth 50 points. So you need to do 6-30 rounds in the pit to cover a single waypoint. Obviously, pit rounds are cheaper in terms of the badges, but you get the idea. In most cases you will likely stop running out of blacksmiths (1d workshop productions).

Usually, it is a better deal to close all the waypoints that you can, and then dump the residuals into the pit.
Unless you are trying for a position in the top 100 or even better top 20, it may be better to just let your members dump and get back to the task of city building. It is a good thing to expose them to the pit for the sake of experiencing it but it is a grind and there is no payoff except the experience if you do not rank high enough to benefit from it. At least, that is my point of view.

neeronie

It is hard to tell, the pit requires more goods that it did in the past. This is a particularly hard Fellowship Adv. It hard to give advice since I cannot see what you are capable of many or how many player are contributing in your fellowship. It may be best as Muckesterme said to use this one as a learning experience. You don't want to discourage your Fellows. I had everyone make BS and Statues to be ready for the start and I am still not sure if we can do it. The requirements to get through Stage 3 are daunting. Take a look at Gamersgemsofknowledge.com. There you will find the information and the Badges required for each stage.
Good Luck. neeronie NoRulesNoKidding
As it turned out, the requirements were the same as last Nov. The information on gamersgemsofknowledge reflected the beta requirements. We have completed all three stages by doing all Blue paths. The planning paid off.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think we (people in general) get into patterns, including patterns of how and what we complain about, even when it isn't the real issue. The FAs aren't particularly hard, and the prizes aren't particularly crappy, but the design of the FA is boring. It is excessively repetitive, and doesn't have a story line (even as feeble as the normal event storylines are) to make it feel like anything other than drudge work. it also excludes some of the small fellowships, who can't turn over enough badges to make any progress at all. it woudl benefit from a more progressive feel. I'm going to risk a waste of effort yet again, and try to put together a comprehensive suggestion over the next week or two.

neeronie

Blue path was 120 Blacksmith in November and is 120 blacksmith this time. It was 140 farmers in November, and 140 farmers this time. There has been no change for the blue path for those badges.
Yes, it was the same. The confusion came due to the information on gamers, which was the requirements during the beta session. All good did not hurt to be prepared.

Darielle

I'm having a hard time understanding the AM and Mages in our fellowship. We could be on one stop for 10 or more hours and the harder badges are still not filled, but they won't drop their badges. They say in chat that they have 8, 10, whatever of a harder thing, so why does the FA go excruciatingly slowly? They say we have to give everyone a chance to participate, those who work, etc. I can understand that. But I don't see people who rarely participate suddenly filling up 40 necklaces. I put in seven necklaces on our current green dot; I am not sure any of the mages with higher points than me put in even one yet. A couple others added so we have a total of 11 necklaces now, so we still need tons and we've been on this stop on the path since yesterday. With only 34 hours to go, why are we stuck so long on each stop if they say in chat they have all these items? I made a comment but no one is awake yet, lol, so I thought I'd come here. Am I missing something on strategy? I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt if there may be a good reason.

Kekune

@Darielle
Players who are rarely on often have a hard time placing badges and they ultimately go to waste. Leaving the space open means a chance for someone to fill it, and then the more active players can produce theirs on demand later.

I've also held my badges when I wanted to avoid certain waypoints. Even if I have what's needed to close the one before it, I'll keep it open as long as possible to avoid someone accidentally placing badges in the wrong place.